No

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Re: REQUEST FOR COMMENTS: Reunification Proposal
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2015, 03:34:01 PM »
Yes
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2015, 05:30:24 PM »
Yes.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2015, 06:15:22 PM »
Ja.
The Mastery.

« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2015, 08:26:18 PM »
Yes

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 09:07:32 PM »
Just to let people know, I'm leaving for New Zealand in two days, so reunification won't actually be able to happen for another couple of weeks.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2015, 11:45:57 PM »
Just to let people know, I'm leaving for New Zealand in two days, so reunification won't actually be able to happen for another couple of weeks.
That's not strictly accurate. The reunification of the societies can happen immediately after the conclusion of the vote. It's merely the merging of the fora that might be delayed.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2015, 12:52:47 AM »
Literally worse than daniel

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 11, 2015, 06:54:46 PM »
Happy to see this is happening.  How much longer?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2015, 07:33:34 PM »
Okay, time for a summary of the votes!

Yes (total: 17):
Blanko
Vauxhall
Foxbox
Tom Bishop
spoon
markjo
Lord Dave
Saddam Hussein
Hoppy
Vongeo
Particle Person
Sean
Rama Set
jroa
Tausami
Tintagel
beardo

No (total: 2):
Secret User
Thork

Abstentions and invalid votes (total: 2):
pizaaplanet (abstained)
gotham (did not meet the 50 post quota prior to the proposal)

With that in mind, by a very clear majority vote, I'm pleased to announce that tfes.org accepts the proposal. Assuming theflatearthsociety.org accepts it as well (which I believe they already did, but I'll ask for a formal confirmation), we'll begin working on the forum merger as soon as possible. This will be slowed down by several factors:
  • Parsifal's currently on his NZ trip.
  • We need access to the server on which theflatearthsociety.org is hosted. Since Daniel shares this host with other people, he said he'd like to first move the site away from the shared server so that he can give us full access without compromising the other people's stuff.
  • When those two things are out of the way, we should be able to start developing a solution to effectively merge the two fora. This shouldn't take long, but it will take some time and effort.

But, for the time being, as soon as I get confirmation from Daniel that their side accepts these terms, the societies are formally reunified!

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2015, 12:14:52 AM »
How will the other side vote?  They haven't had any real discussion yet.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »
The other side is Daniel and Wilmore.  There isn't going to be any voting.

Thork

« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2015, 01:29:09 AM »
Doesn't that tell you everything? We are going to end up being 'Daniel and Wilmore'. And neither are present very often. I know you all think we can have the kind of service over here and be a part of the community over there, but the only reason we never had good service over there is because everything is decided by 'Daniel and Wilmore'. And you all voted to go back to that.
There's a reason we came here. It was 'Daniel and Wilmore'. And the instant we go back, Daniel and Wilmore are going to see it as the 'Daniel and Wilmore' show again.
I dislike Daniel's attitude so much that I don't want to generate content for his site. That includes posts. I don't think I can follow you all. I never created a dual account over there. I never missed that site. If you want to post there, do it. Why am I being forced to? You are all free to go over there any time you like ... and you don't.  :'(

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2015, 01:58:06 AM »
I left due to the admins not fixing the forum and server and such.  Not how it was run politically.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2015, 02:11:41 AM »
Doesn't that tell you everything? We are going to end up being 'Daniel and Wilmore'. And neither are present very often. I know you all think we can have the kind of service over here and be a part of the community over there, but the only reason we never had good service over there is because everything is decided by 'Daniel and Wilmore'. And you all voted to go back to that.
There's a reason we came here. It was 'Daniel and Wilmore'. And the instant we go back, Daniel and Wilmore are going to see it as the 'Daniel and Wilmore' show again.
I dislike Daniel's attitude so much that I don't want to generate content for his site. That includes posts. I don't think I can follow you all. I never created a dual account over there. I never missed that site. If you want to post there, do it. Why am I being forced to? You are all free to go over there any time you like ... and you don't.  :'(

But it's not going to be Daniel's site any more.  That's the whole point.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2015, 02:40:09 AM »
I didn't vote but I kinda agree with Thork. I really hate Daniel and Wilmore's attitudes toward the forum. I stopped posting on that site completely after the split.

I know it's what everyone else wants, which is why I didn't vote, but unless it's vastly different than what it was I may not be posting too much either.

Ghost of V

« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2015, 02:45:30 AM »
I didn't vote but I kinda agree with Thork. I really hate Daniel and Wilmore's attitudes toward the forum. I stopped posting on that site completely after the split.

I know it's what everyone else wants, which is why I didn't vote, but unless it's vastly different than what it was I may not be posting too much either.

Well this just sucks.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2015, 03:13:14 AM »
I'm struggling to understand some of the sentiments voiced here. We are taking over the forum. They don't get to change it in any way. Any comments about Daniel and Wilmore are simply irrelevant, because they won't be doing anything to the forum. It's gonna be on our server, with our administration, and running our software. The only change to the forum is that we'll inherit their userbase and post history.

It doesn't matter what Daniel and Wilmore will "see" this as, because they are not relevant parties as far as running the forum is concerned. I don't understand why people suddenly started taking Thork's tantrums seriously, especially now after we've secured more power than we originally planned.

Also, not voting on a proposal you're opposed to is the least productive thing possible. We can't hope to accurately represent what people want if they actively hold themselves back from telling us what they want.

I also don't understand why people are acting like it would be us taking Daniel's site and changing it somehow. That's not at all what we're doing. What we're doing is taking our site, leaving it exactly as it is, importing a shitton of old posts and accounts and redirecting the other forum's members here. Will things be significantly different than they are on Daniel's site? Yes. They will be exactly as different as they already are.

Please, instead of throwing unfounded negativity into the ether (or, worse still, founding your negativity on Thork's unfounded tantrums), voice your concerns and ask questions. I'm confident that no one here has any reasons to worry (unless you really hate some of the active posters from the old forum, since, welp, we'll probably be getting them), but I'm happy to discuss things at length to make sure that everyone is informed and satisfied. Just, please, don't succumb to random panic.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:20:21 AM by pizaaplanet »

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2015, 03:44:43 AM »
Your previous post was interesting. I'll be curious to see if #2 ever happens. I'll be fine with the outcome either way.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 12, 2015, 03:56:58 AM »
ITT: People think that the forum and the society are one and the same.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:58:46 AM by markjo »
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.