Ghost of V

Re: Ancient Aliens
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2015, 01:32:50 AM »
How do you reconcile your ancient aliens belief with your flat Earth belief?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2015, 01:38:13 AM »
I've said I've seen the show. My beliefs were before the show existed, and I never said I believe everything on it. There are plenty of "academic" papers about Round Earth theory, exponentially more than there are about ancient aliens -- doesn't mean it's true.
You're awful at making points. They basically just boil down to "well everything is funded by lies so it must be aliens!" You have literally nothing to back it up and the points you do make are easily debunked.

Anyway, you have learned my general view of ancient aliens.

Offline The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2015, 02:07:08 AM »
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/messages-from-creationists-to-people-who-believe-in-evolutio

lol

Actually I have found that some "atheists", mainly people who watch the Ancient Aliens show on the Used To Be About History Channel, do believe #11

See?

Offline The Ellimist

• "Let us play a game, Crayak."
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2015, 02:09:54 AM »
Ah, I remember debunking Ancient Alien claims before. Though it's probably going to be considerably harder now that this crackpot believes in Flat Earth and global outlandish conspiracies. At least most AA cultists accept round Earth.

Ghost of V

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2015, 02:18:50 AM »
Ah, I remember debunking Ancient Alien claims before. Though it's probably going to be considerably harder now that this crackpot believes in Flat Earth and global outlandish conspiracies. At least most AA cultists accept round Earth.

One does not simply "debunk" ancient aliens.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2015, 12:32:16 PM »
I went through all of this before with Yaakov as well. It's actually super easy to debunk so long as you have some understanding of ancient history. There is a lot more evidence left behind than people would think.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2015, 03:46:15 PM »
Isn't it the interpretation of the evidence that is questionable, though? 

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2015, 04:22:28 PM »
When there are literally images of people building the pyramids and tax records showing that farmers paid tax through monument labor rather than slaves building things. No.

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2015, 05:00:27 PM »
There are comic books that show people shooting lasers out of their eyes and flying.  Does this prove that the people actually existed?  Could these comic books be open to interpretation 1000 years from now? 

Ghost of V

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2015, 05:02:17 PM »
When there are literally images of people building the pyramids and tax records showing that farmers paid tax through monument labor rather than slaves building things. No.

There are pictures of Egyptians building the pyramids? Like photographs?

Please post these pictures.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2015, 05:27:40 PM »

I said image... thanks.

It was in one of my textbooks but when I try to find it online I never have any luck. But there is this one which shows a method of moving large objects - the sled and water method.

Ghost of V

« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »

I said image... thanks.

It was in one of my textbooks but when I try to find it online I never have any luck. But there is this one which shows a method of moving large objects - the sled and water method.

Ok, so you got some wall art or something there. Great.

Do you have any real evidence?

There's clearly a UFO in this piece of artwork. You have to concede that UFOs are a real thing now. The man on the right is also doing the Vulcan salute.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:33:34 PM by Vauxhall »

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2015, 05:34:58 PM »
Perhaps this picture is proof of helicopters in ancient Egypt. 

Ghost of V

« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2015, 05:35:42 PM »
Perhaps this picture is proof of helicopters in ancient Egypt. 

It seems that Tripod has censored your image. Probably because it contains dangerous knowledge.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »
I doubt the Ancient Aliens theories simply because they are so popular. If the Ancient Aliens hypothesis were true and what we 'know' is false, it wouldn't be freely broadcasted on a national television network. We don't ever see entire television series centered on proving the moon landing was fake (we do, however, constantly see television series try to prove it was real.)

Ghost of V

« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2015, 05:39:43 PM »
I doubt the Ancient Aliens theories simply because they are so popular. If the Ancient Aliens hypothesis were true and what we 'know' is false, it wouldn't be freely broadcasted on a national television network. We don't ever see entire television series centered on proving the moon landing was fake (we do, however, constantly see television series try to prove it was real.)

This is a good point, but you also have to realize that the accredited researchers and geniuses that produce and speak on Ancient Aliens are thoroughly discredited by almost everyone on the internet and by mainstream science. They are almost universally laughed at, in the same way that Moon landing hoaxers are laughed at... It goes both ways.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2015, 05:42:01 PM »
This is a good point, but you also have to realize that the accredited researchers and geniuses that produce and speak on Ancient Aliens are thoroughly discredited by almost everyone on the internet and by mainstream science. They are almost universally laughed at, in the same way that Moon landing hoaxers are laughed at... It goes both ways.

That's just to give you the perception that there is ongoing conflict about the issue. The Ancient Aliens series is a distraction intended to reinforce secular views of history and create pervasive gaps in spiritual knowledge. The show not only airs on national television, but it airs quite frequently to constantly reinforce the idea to target audiences.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2015, 05:43:35 PM »
Egyptians left records of their lives (including their ridiculous deities). If they thought a higher being was helping them they would have added it.

Oh, yeah I know about the Abydos "helicopters" but that's the only place you see those hieroglyphs. If those things actually existed you would see those in other places.
"The glyphs are a result of both erosion of the stone surface (evident elsewhere in the temple) and the process of filling in and re-carving the stone to replace some of the original hieroglyphics. The technical term for such a surface that has been written on more than once is a palimpsest. The usurping and modifying of inscriptions was common in ancient Egypt throughout its history. The Abydos glyph was modified at least once in antiquity, and perhaps twice. Some of the filling has fallen out in places where the older and the newer inscriptions overlap, and the result is unique and odd-looking."
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 05:45:22 PM by rooster »

Ghost of V

« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2015, 05:48:09 PM »
Egyptians left records of their lives (including their ridiculous deities). If they thought a higher being was helping them they would have added it.

Oh, yeah I know about the Abydos "helicopters" but that's the only place you see those hieroglyphs. If those things actually existed you would see those in other places.

So you are making a baseless assumption here. You accept evidence that seems to prove you right, but disregard all that doesn't.

The fact that Egyptians felt the need to create this cartouche, clearly depicting ufos and advanced flying machines, is proof that aliens visited Egypt. You cannot simply write off one piece of evidence in favor of another simply because it disagrees with you.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 07, 2015, 05:53:41 PM »
They probably look like flying machines to you because you're looking at it the wrong way. That's a vertical piece. That's not a helicopter, it's a man standing with a pole. I wouldn't imagine that's too terribly uncommon at the time.