Question for my research
« on: March 11, 2023, 12:50:36 AM »
Hello, I am a uni student doing a research paper on Flat Earth. This is my first post.

I read the wiki and found it very interesting, and wanted to ask community members how, specifically, NASA has been found to lie. I understand the concept of not believing everything they say, but I wanted to include specific instances where NASA (and ESA, JAXA) were caught in actual demonstrable lies.

Thank you!  :)

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: Question for my research
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2023, 01:15:43 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/us/nasa-scientist-guilty-chinese-program/index.html

I hope this helps. I have a feeling that with a little digging you could probably find instances of lies coming from within any large organization, what with human nature being what it is and all.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2023, 01:53:01 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/14/us/nasa-scientist-guilty-chinese-program/index.html

Thank you so much, I’ve never heard of this. And yes I agree, there’s so much corruption that the idea of a space conspiracy is a reasonable suspicion to have in my book.

Dual1ty

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2023, 12:08:00 PM »

« Last Edit: March 11, 2023, 12:59:36 PM by Dual1ty »

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2023, 05:02:54 PM »

Forgive me, but I was more looking for actual events and concrete instances of lying instead of the conspiracy/meme side.

Dual1ty

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2023, 07:23:37 PM »
Forgive me, but I was more looking for actual events and concrete instances of lying instead of the conspiracy/meme side.

I already provided what you ask for. You're not going to get MSM news articles from me, sorry. NASA lies constantly, so what is your point? It's like asking for evidence of actors lying during a scripted scene because you want to believe that it wasn't scripted. If all you're doing is looking for news articles, good luck with your "research". Natural science has nothing to do with news articles. Enough said.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2023, 05:28:34 AM »

I already provided what you ask for. You're not going to get MSM news articles from me, sorry. NASA lies constantly, so what is your point? It's like asking for evidence of actors lying during a scripted scene because you want to believe that it wasn't scripted. If all you're doing is looking for news articles, good luck with your "research". Natural science has nothing to do with news articles. Enough said.

I didn't see anything in what you provided as evidence that anyone is lying. Do you have anything with actual evidence?

Magicalus

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2023, 06:39:58 PM »
See, the problem with this prompt is that every corporation lies and hides something, even if it's part of the government. Confidential projects buried, senior staff corrupted, that sort of thing. However, this evidence is lackluster for NASA, especially given certain events that wouldn't make sense for a conspiracy. For example, the moving of the Endeavor.

This was a huge project, caused massive disruptions, and was a giant pain. Even if we assume this is a fake shell, as it would be in a conspiracy, why do any of this? It doesn't prove authenticity, because people will take videos and photos of the (in this scenario) fake launch. On a purely logisitical level, this is a lot of effort for something that wouldn't prove anything.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2023, 06:52:55 PM »
Sounds like you just identified a fantastic reason to do it 👀
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Magicalus

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 05:30:17 PM »
Sounds like you just identified a fantastic reason to do it 👀

Yeah, fair enough. That was a poor argument against FE.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 02:26:04 AM by Magicalus »