totallackey

I have made the statement that ALL GLASS placed in between any viewer and the object being viewed distort that object in some or fashion and my statement is INDISPUTABLE!
Well, if you put it in CAPITALS then it must be true...
It depends what you mean by distortion. If you look out the window and then open the window you don't suddenly see a completely different scene.
There may be a refraction effect but you don't look through windows, see curved lines and then on opening the window realise that the lines are in fact straight.
That is the sort of distortion you are claiming occurred when looking through Concorde's windows.
And your evidence of that is:

There are multiple accounts of most RE adherents that curvature can be detected even at ground level

Do you have any relevant quotes from people to back this up?
Yes, CuriousSquirrel admits he has seen such posts also, here:

"...I correct this mistake every time I see it made on these forums and elsewhere, namely that one can see curvature from an airplane. I also frequently see it corrected elsewhere..."
So... if you're asserting that the curve in the pic is the tops of clouds which are not following the curve (or flat) of the Earth, then ... is it mere coincidence that the photo happened to be taken in front of a 'cloud bump' ?
OMFG!!!

LMAO!!!

Here is a genius stating the tops of clouds form a curve due to the curve of the earth...

Utterly unbelievable!
Which bit of the Red Bull picture is 'distorted'? I see no distortion in either of the cameras above the horizon line. If the horizon has been distorted by the glass, wouldn't everything else be distorted too?
Theo states the whole pic is distorted, even the camera facing directly at Baumgartner is distorted by the picture...

I am sick of the disingenuous approach RE demonstrates relative their own claims and supporting BS.

You guys need a new approach...

The truth might be a good place to start!

If either the Red Bull shot or the Concorde shot was an actual real life depiction of the "curvature" of the earth, the ball would be much smaller than we are told...

But since we do not live on a ball, sphere, or oblate spheroid, it is all quite moot.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:02:04 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

Deal! Once you have posted a picture of curvature of the surface of the Earth I will get right back with you!

Hey, the motion picture Gravity had the same kind of images you just presented!

Nothing new there sparky...

Oh, by the way...

Where is the apology?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:12:55 PM by totallackey »

totallackey

No, you need a source for this:
Quote from: totallackey
You can claim "no distortion" as much as you like...

The facts have been, are, and will forevermore be, this:

If you are looking at something with a piece of glass placed in between you and the something being observed your vision is being distorted by the piece of glass.

Plain, pure, and simple.

Drops mic...

End of topic.

I think yo know that too, so I sure you are being purposefully obtuse, because the other excuse would not be very flattering.
Hey, see if you can join in the circle of support provided by your fellow RE'ers...

That is actually true...
Anything else?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:02:30 PM by totallackey »

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
If you are told the horizon is curved, and you expect to see a curved horizon ... you'll see a curved horizon.

https://bigthink.com/Mind-Matters/seeing-things-that-arent-there-thats-just-your-brain-functioning-normally
I was't TOLD it. I OBSERVED it.

observation <> reality.

The REALITY is that both arrows are pointing to the left through the entire course of the video.

The OBSERVATION is that water causes the arrows to point the other direction.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
OMFG!!! LMAO!!! Here is a genius stating the tops of clouds form a curve due to the curve of the earth...

What did you mean by;

"First, I believe we are writing about the surface of the Earth, not the tops of clouds."?

??

This implies to me that you think the Earth flat, but not the clouds pictured. Is this what you meant? There's a clear curve in the clouds above the Concorde, so this suggests two possibilities;

The Earth is curved, and the clouds follow the general curve of the Earth, according to weather and layers of atmosphere
The Earth is flat, and the curve in the clouds is a 'cloud bump'
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
VID

The REALITY is that both arrows are pointing to the left through the entire course of the video.

But nothing in this thread relates to observations through water....
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

totallackey

OMFG!!! LMAO!!! Here is a genius stating the tops of clouds form a curve due to the curve of the earth...

What did you mean by;

"First, I believe we are writing about the surface of the Earth, not the tops of clouds."?

??

This implies to me that you think the Earth flat, but not the clouds pictured. Is this what you meant? There's a clear curve in the clouds above the Concorde, so this suggests two possibilities;

The Earth is curved, and the clouds follow the general curve of the Earth, according to weather and layers of atmosphere
The Earth is flat, and the curve in the clouds is a 'cloud bump'
You are forgetting two other possibilities:

A) The picture is distorted; and,
II) You are peddling totally worthless ideas on the internet.

You are stating the tops of the clouds are curved because of the surface of the earth.

This is so nonsensical it does not even deserve repeating or any sort of response except to state it is worthless.

I correct this mistake every time I see it made on these forums and elsewhere, namely that one can see curvature from an airplane. I also frequently see it corrected elsewhere. So you're just wrong here.
Since you have written this, then you can provide those posts.

This is also in support of my stance these types of claims do exist.
First post I found, directly showing your claim it never happens to be false. https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9109.msg144873#msg144873

I'd also note, as I stated I have not seen someone suggest it occurs at ground level. That is your own 'spin' on the common misconception that you can see it from an airplane.

totallackey

I correct this mistake every time I see it made on these forums and elsewhere, namely that one can see curvature from an airplane. I also frequently see it corrected elsewhere. So you're just wrong here.

First post I found, directly showing your claim it never happens to be false. https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=9109.msg144873#msg144873

I'd also note, as I stated I have not seen someone suggest it occurs at ground level. That is your own 'spin' on the common misconception that you can see it from an airplane.
Oh, quit spewing BS.

There are multitudes of RE'ers claiming curvature can be visually detected at altitudes far below that of even commercial aircraft.

So all of this written dialogue found here demonstrates all of you to be lacking in any form of intellectual or philosophical integrity/consistency.

Oh, quit spewing BS.

There are multitudes of RE'ers claiming curvature can be visually detected at altitudes far below that of even commercial aircraft.

So all of this written dialogue found here demonstrates all of you to be lacking in any form of intellectual or philosophical integrity/consistency.
Then prove it. I just provided you evidence of my claim I correct people claiming they can see curvature from the height of commercial aircraft. All you have to say is you moving the goalposts. I do not recall seeing anyone claim they can see curvature at ground/sea level. I would contest even if they did, they would be corrected (at least in a forum setting). Now, do you have evidence of at least this claim or do I go back to ignoring you for providing zero substance?

Offline Theo

• View Profile
Please provide an example of this type of camera lens or a diagram of how it works, I really would like to purchase one.
Deal!

Once you have posted a picture of curvature of the surface of the Earth I will get right back with you!

How about one that you go and observe first hand?

https://i.imgur.com/Bir01ql.jpg

Now, where can I find a lens that causes horizons to curve in the center of an image and yet leaves the edges distortion free?  An online summary or description will be fine, I'll do the shopping once I know what to look for.  Thanks in advance.

totallackey

Oh, quit spewing BS.

Then prove it. I just provided you evidence of my claim I correct people claiming they can see curvature from the height of commercial aircraft. All you have to say is you moving the goalposts. I do not recall seeing anyone claim they can see curvature at ground/sea level. I would contest even if they did, they would be corrected (at least in a forum setting). Now, do you have evidence of at least this claim or do I go back to ignoring you for providing zero substance?
I wrote the following:
I am claiming you on the RE side have made the claim a curved horizon can be viewed at all altitudes...
Further revised and refined to be more accurate:
Incorrect.

There are multiple accounts of most RE adherents that curvature can be detected even at ground level and those are made without any sort of dispute by RE adherents, thus constituting ipso facto support of such lies by those adhering to the RE myth..."
The revision is a patently true statement, with multiple instances of support form every RE adherent posting on this forum.

totallackey

Please provide an example of this type of camera lens or a diagram of how it works, I really would like to purchase one.
Deal!

Once you have posted a picture of curvature of the surface of the Earth I will get right back with you!

Now, where can I find a lens that causes horizons to curve in the center of an image and yet leaves the edges distortion free?  An online summary or description will be fine, I'll do the shopping once I know what to look for.  Thanks in advance.
Please...

That image presents no curvature...

Hey CuriousSquirrel!!!

You gonna correct this guy or what!?!?!

LMAO!!!

totallackey

This entire thread is a comedy of errors on the part of RE!!!

One swearing to a lie and the other notarizing the lie with their own writing!!!

LMAO!!!

Oh, quit spewing BS.

I wrote the following:
I am claiming you on the RE side have made the claim a curved horizon can be viewed at all altitudes...
Further revised and refined to be more accurate:
Incorrect.

There are multiple accounts of most RE adherents that curvature can be detected even at ground level and those are made without any sort of dispute by RE adherents, thus constituting ipso facto support of such lies by those adhering to the RE myth..."
The revision is a patently true statement, with multiple instances of support form every RE adherent posting on this forum.
I'm asking you for one quoted example of someone stating they can/should see curvature from ground level, without being corrected by an RE adherent. I've already shown you to be patently wrong about at the very least claims you can see the curvature from an airplane never being rebuffed. So do you have any examples of your statement actually be true? Or are you just going to keep repeating that it's true with the only provided evidence showing it's a false claim?

Oh I see. Curvature claims from a plane are looking for curvature from left/right across the horizon. Now you're discussing the image specifically taken in an attempt to show curvature across Lake Pontchartrain. Which cannot be seen with the naked eyes. Christ, it's moving goalposts 'r us with you. Or maybe to be specific 'never setting them in the first place'

Offline Theo

• View Profile
Deal!

Please...

That image presents no curvature...

Hey CuriousSquirrel!!!

You gonna correct this guy or what!?!?!

LMAO!!!

Then why do the concrete structures supporting the towers disappear at the horizon while the thinner towers can still be resolved much farther in the distance?  Why the apparent curve in the powerline towers?  More lens distortion?

Nobody has claimed here that you can see the curve perpendicular to your line of sight from the ground.  Your field of view is too small and the curve too slight. You are only looking at a few miles.
However in the image I posted you are looking at 15 miles in your field of view along your line of site so the curve is obvious unless you're in denial.  Would you like me to demonstrate the curve of the towers by superimposing some straight lines on the image?

I'll be happy to oblige when you tell me the type of camera lens you claim causes the distortion in the Concord image. 

Back to the OP,  I'd be interested to know how the Concord windows can cause a curvature in the horizon when they curve only along the vertical axis to match the fuselage.    Wouldn't the curve have to be along horizontal axis?

Have any diagrams on how the windows act as a lens and cause the apparent curvature in the horizon?

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
Been debunked before.

A guy was hoaxing those curved earth shots ...

Here are some of the layers used to make these hoaxes.

This guy 'Soundly' hoaxes shots and adds them to the internet.

Here he is asking for help from his friends.

And below is another of his terrible hoaxes ... I think he imagines we live on Kerbal.

Any of the images from 'Soundly' have to be instantly dismissed. It is fakery.
https://flatearthinsanity.blogspot.com/2017/06/soundly-shows-flat-earthers-curve.html
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:37:55 PM by Baby Thork »
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Theo

• View Profile
Been debunked before.

A guy was hoaxing those curved earth shots ...

Here are some of the layers used to make these hoaxes.

This guy 'Soundly' hoaxes shots and adds them to the internet.

Here he is asking for help from his friends.

And below is another of his terrible hoaxes ... I think he imagines we live on Kerbal.

Any of the images from 'Soundly' have to be instantly dismissed. It is fakery.
https://flatearthinsanity.blogspot.com/2017/06/soundly-shows-flat-earthers-curve.html

Are you  the guy who claimed that the power line didn't exist then fled the thread when proven wrong?

So now you claim fake?

Well sir the making of video was lived streamed to prevent flat earthers claiming fake and the "layers" you posted were made AFTER the video to model the power lines.
I challenge you to find that image posted somewhere BEFORE Soundly's video.

Funny that you missed this image:

https://i.imgur.com/rTTvBW9.jpg

That is a model of the power line if the earth were flat.  Definitely not what is observed.
A comparison :

https://i.imgur.com/XTseJVU.png

For those interested you can view a model of the power line on a flat earth or reality here...

http://walter.bislins.ch/bloge/index.asp?page=Comparison+of+Globe+and+Flat-Earth+Model+Predictions+with+Reality#H_Lake_Ponchartrain_Transmission_Line

totallackey

I'm asking you for one quoted example of someone stating they can/should see curvature from ground level, without being corrected by an RE adherent. I've already shown you to be patently wrong about at the very least claims you can see the curvature from an airplane never being rebuffed. So do you have any examples of your statement actually be true? Or are you just going to keep repeating that it's true with the only provided evidence showing it's a false claim?

Oh I see. Curvature claims from a plane are looking for curvature from left/right across the horizon. Now you're discussing the image specifically taken in an attempt to show curvature across Lake Pontchartrain. Which cannot be seen with the naked eyes. Christ, it's moving goalposts 'r us with you. Or maybe to be specific 'never setting them in the first place'
You have an RE adherent in this very thread posting a picture (taken at an altitude below that of a commercial airliner...INDEED at an altitude common to that of a PAPER AIRPLANE!) claiming it is quite evidently supporting the curvature of the earth.

A picture is visual evidence according to you.

And now you are writing I am the one changing goalposts?

Your moniker is definitely right...quite curious...and squirrely!

totallackey

VID

But nothing in this thread relates to observations through water....
Horse hockey...

The atmoplane is FULL OF WATER!!!