Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Shots Fired at republicans!
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 12:00:37 PM »
If they started 'The American Shariah Party' and pushed their ideology by taking out ads and making public speeches about the benefits of shariah then your fightback should be in the form of counter-arguments and your own ads. If, by engaging with the system, they found that they had majority support to push shariah laws through the legislature, then the fightback would be to get anti-shariah politicians elected to vote those kind of bills down.
That worked well in the Weimar Republic, didn't it?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2017, 08:17:38 AM »
If they started 'The American Shariah Party' and pushed their ideology by taking out ads and making public speeches about the benefits of shariah then your fightback should be in the form of counter-arguments and your own ads. If, by engaging with the system, they found that they had majority support to push shariah laws through the legislature, then the fightback would be to get anti-shariah politicians elected to vote those kind of bills down.
That worked well in the Weimar Republic, didn't it?

The Nazis weren't a non-violent party. They frequently called for violence against other parties, regularly attacked perceived enemies, and attempted a coup to take power unlawfully. (See the Beer Hall Putsch)

As I said, violence shouldn't be used against politicians who are 'not pushing their ideology with violence.'

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2017, 09:07:20 AM »
Right. In a hypothetical scenario where non-violent Islamist extremists tried to take over, I'd agree with you.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2017, 11:23:18 AM »
Right. In a hypothetical scenario where non-violent Islamist extremists tried to take over, I'd agree with you.

Likewise, if a party was threatening to take over through threats, intimidation, and violence, then I'd argue that the people have the right to resist violently.

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2017, 10:23:22 AM »
Likewise, if a party was threatening to take over through threats, intimidation, and violence, then I'd argue that the people have the right to resist violently.

This article kind of scares me,
I recognise the article may be a little biased in its approach as the Indonesia Muslims are a reasonably peaceful bunch, but maybe they are an exception and they do burn down the odd church now and then.

http://blog.godreports.com/2015/09/how-islam-takes-over-countries/

A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2017, 01:48:00 PM »
Wow, there are so many problems with that article I don't know where to begin.

Firstly, it is taking really modern trends and extrapolating. The author hasn't shown one nation there that started as a 'Open, free, democratic society' which followed the curve they extrapolate. It's also ignoring nations which don't fit the curve, like Iran which was pretty secular and open whilst still being largely, if not totally, Muslim.
Bosnia is another major outlier. The population has been about 50% Bosniak Muslim, 30% Serb Christian and 20% Croat Catholic even while a part of Yugoslavia, in the nineties it was largely (but not exclusively) Serbs bombing and massacring Bosniak Muslims. Nowadays, it is amazing how modern and multicultural Bosnia is. In Sarajevo it's not uncommon to see women in full hijab walking alongside office women in short skirts.

There are a number of glaring problems with some of the countries in the 10% bracket, like India, where Muslims have been massacred by Hindu nationalists, and Chechnya in Russia which... do we need to go into why Chechnya is radically atypical?

The 60% bracket also includes figures which are radical reversals of the truth. they note that it includes: 'sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide)' and includes Albania where, again, the ethnic cleansing and genocide was often targeted at Turkish Muslims under Serbian Christians.

The whole piece takes isolated examples, massive overstatements, blatant historical distortions, and flat-out lies and weaves them into a story which fails to describe even one country which has travelled the path they lay out from 0% Muslim multi-cultural society to total 100% Muslim control.