Offline coiner

• View Profile
NASA's misinformation
« on: March 28, 2019, 10:24:38 AM »
Hello everyone!

I'm new to this community but I have recently been convinced about the flat earth and I look to find some more information on it! I was wondering if somebody could explain how NASA misinforms us and gives false information to brainwash society  >:(. I want to be critical so I was looking for examples of advertisements or photos that confirm their bias and misinformation. I'm really excited about the prominent future of our flat earth society and I hope one of you can take the time to help me with this!  ;)

Greetings,
Coiner

Offline Jeppspace

• 0 + 0 = 0
    • View Profile
    • YllwChlk
Re: NASA's misinformation
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 05:42:19 PM »
You will appreciate different Flat Earthers have different opinions, but this is your essentially accurate starting point...

https://wiki.tfes.org/The_Conspiracy

You may wish to review video footage of ISS crew steadying one another by wires, objects disappearing and reappearing repeatedly due to CGI glitches and certain crew members accidentally filmed in a VR studio when they are supposed to be on the ISS.

Tidings.
Anyone who would pay Richard Branson hundreds of thousands of dollars for the visual confirmation that we are all doomed to the unforgiving abyss of space, definitely deserves to know that.

: Infinite ¥ : Szion = : Plane

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 02:19:45 PM »
You may wish to review video footage of ISS crew steadying one another by wires, objects disappearing and reappearing repeatedly due to CGI glitches and certain crew members accidentally filmed in a VR studio when they are supposed to be on the ISS.

Tidings.
Allegedly
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 06:36:45 AM »
Can I make a suggestion on an approach to take with making allegations against NASA with the intent to show that they are covering-up information and/or fabricating evidence of space, the solar system, and the universe?

I am writing this because it seems to be common practice to say NASA is covering something up, only to use media produced by NASA as evidence for the claim made -- and I am NOT talking about the post(s) above specifically, however, they too would also benefit from this suggestion.

Try to find evidence from outside source(s), for example, investigative journalists, leaked documents, and so on.

This is not to say that using evidence that is intentionally released from NASA is ALWAYS bad, but typically billion-dollar companies rarely release anything that wasn't intended to be released -- even if it does look like an accident, or an overlooked error.

The argument will just be given more merit if it is backed up by better, more reliable evidence, and evidence that NASA did NOT want to be out in the pubic.

Just a suggestion...

Enjoy,

-FoF

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2019, 01:40:30 PM »
What has it got to do with NASA in particular?

Yes, they may well be the pre-eminent space agency in the eyes of Americans, but let's not forget that the first orbital mission, first  animal in space, first man and woman in space, were ALL Russian missions. 

China, India, Japan, Israel, Saudi Arabia have all been involved in recent years in lunar missions, the most recent of which, the Israeli one, took 47 days to get to the Moon due to its orbital path around the Earth. It was set up for an elliptical orbit which got larger and larger until the Moon's gravity pulled it in. 
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 12:49:28 PM »
Here is why the misinformation from NASA should lead to worry across the world. If NASA is giving everyone false information, how much do we know if false versus actually true?! If people get used to not telling the truth, they will continue to do so. Therefore, if the earth is flat, they will lie to us about it which they are doing right now as we speak. They are giving us false information and it is becoming absurd! NASA and the government are working to treat us as sheep and we need to find a way to get around this problem. We must speak out and prove to NASA that we see right through their lies and their misinformation! We know the earth is flat and now we must prove it!

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2019, 02:29:04 PM »
Here is why the misinformation from NASA should lead to worry across the world. If NASA is giving everyone false information, how much do we know if false versus actually true?!

First of all, that's qualified with a big IF.

Second, you can check against the work of others. Disbelieve the NASA "Blue Marble"?  Russia, Japan, China and Saudi Arabia have all taken pictures of the globe from Earth or Lunar orbit.  etc.

If people get used to not telling the truth, they will continue to do so.

Again, that's a honkin' big IF. Not a definite. "If" they are doing this. They're not.

Therefore, if the earth is flat, they will lie to us about it which they are doing right now as we speak. They are giving us false information

Proof, please.

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 10:50:15 AM »
NASA is obviously a shill organization.

Tell everyone they released a image of a black hole...

LOL!

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 11:19:55 AM »

LOL!
Solid rebuttal. Have you even taken any time to understand what they did here and how? Try this.

https://www.wimp.com/dr-katie-bouman-the-woman-responsible-for-the-photo-of-the-black-hole/

It's a TED talk by the lady who developed the algorithm which made all this possible - she did this a couple of years ago, before the image was made and explains the way they were working.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 12:29:59 PM »

LOL!
Solid rebuttal. Have you even taken any time to understand what they did here and how? Try this.

https://www.wimp.com/dr-katie-bouman-the-woman-responsible-for-the-photo-of-the-black-hole/

It's a TED talk by the lady who developed the algorithm which made all this possible - she did this a couple of years ago, before the image was made and explains the way they were working.
Yes, a solid rebuttal.

It isn't a photo.

It is an image (so apt, considering the root is closely related to IMAGINATION!!!)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 03:42:27 PM by totallackey »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2019, 02:19:31 PM »
It is isn't a photo.

It is an image (so apt, considering the root is closely related to IMAGINATION!!!)

For the purposes of clarity, could you define what you see as the difference (photo vs. image)?

Nearly?

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2019, 02:36:53 PM »
I think what he's trying to get at is that all photos are images but not all images are photos. But he provides no evidence that image of a black hole isn't a photo... So he's just pointlessly commenting nothing.
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

Offline Jeppspace

• 0 + 0 = 0
    • View Profile
    • YllwChlk
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2019, 03:02:11 PM »
I like how they follow it up with a disagreement as to whom should actually be credited with the work.

What a fairy dairy scone on wheels.
Anyone who would pay Richard Branson hundreds of thousands of dollars for the visual confirmation that we are all doomed to the unforgiving abyss of space, definitely deserves to know that.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 03:04:04 PM »
I kinda know what he's getting at here. It's not a photo in the sense that you go and take a photo of an object you can see.
This has been been pieced together from lots of data. Petabytes of it.
It's data of non-visible wavelengths and incomplete data at that. They've then used algorithms to turn all that into an image we can look at.
It's an amazing achievement, the video I posted above gives some idea of how they've done this.
But if the assertion is that they haven't done any of that and they've just wasted a lot of time and money of radio telescopes from all around the world and just got someone to knock it up in Photoshop then that is a completely baseless assertion.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2019, 03:46:06 PM »

LOL!

Yeah, it is time for a break. Have a few days off to review the rules.

edit - since you have already had a 3-day ban before, I am making this one a week.

totallackey

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 03:46:45 PM »
I think what he's trying to get at is that all photos are images but not all images are photos. But he provides no evidence that image of a black hole isn't a photo... So he's just pointlessly commenting nothing.
It isn't my responsibility to provide evidence of support the evidence.

NASA provided the image.

They admitted it was simply mathematical operations responsible for its production.

This isn't a point and shoot Kodachrome.

Nobody here is capable of interpreting inputs that would result in the output image.

I can enter any number of frequency inputs on a copper plate and all kinda marvelous shapes would result.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 06:33:05 PM »
It isn't my responsibility to provide evidence of support the evidence.

NASA provided the image.
Actually, they didn't. The image was created and presented by the Event Horizon Telescope.  As near as I can tell, NASA had a relatively minor role in the project.  Maybe you check out EHT's web site to find out a little more about the origin of the image in question.
https://eventhorizontelescope.org/
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »
Here in the UK, there was an hour-long documentary the other night about the process of getting this black hole picture. Many of the folks involved in the project were interviewed on camera. Haven't watched it all yet, but...

I can hear the conspiracy theorists' rallying cry right now - "They could all be actors"

Yes, they could, but we could easily look a couple up, and see if there's a full and convincing back story of their previous science projects. Could this be falsified? Yes, but if it were, it would fall apart at the seams if, for instance, a University student at an establishment where they were claimed to have studied piped up and said - "He wasn't in my year!".   

If they are actors, then Hollywood needs to sign them up fast, because they're remarkably accomplished at it. 

Nearly?

Offline Jeppspace

• 0 + 0 = 0
    • View Profile
    • YllwChlk
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 08:28:04 PM »
I don't think anyone here thinks they're "actors"... liars yes, but even scientists can lie.

Take for example, Nasa.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 08:44:12 PM »
I don't think anyone here thinks they're "actors"... liars yes, but even scientists can lie.

Take for example, Nasa.

Proof of these lies, please... merely saying they CAN lie is not proof of a lie.

Nearly?