Offline Pcam1

• View Profile
Trump signs NASA bill today..
« on: December 12, 2017, 03:17:21 PM »
Did anyone else see in the news today that Trump has signed a bill for NASA so  they can supposedly send humans to the moon for long term exploration and begin human exploration to mars! First of all, that’s major tax money for nothing, and secondly that tells me the government is worried that people are catching on. Why has it been so long since the United States has been to the moon? Since then, for years there have only been low earth orbit missions. Interesting..

Offline ransom

• View Profile
Re: Trump signs NASA bill today..
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 06:02:16 PM »
I don't think we have ever been to the moon. It's probably impossible.

Offline OrigamiBoy

• more like fat earther amiright
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »
Did anyone else see in the news today that Trump has signed a bill for NASA so  they can supposedly send humans to the moon for long term exploration and begin human exploration to mars! First of all, that’s major tax money for nothing, and secondly that tells me the government is worried that people are catching on. Why has it been so long since the United States has been to the moon? Since then, for years there have only been low earth orbit missions. Interesting..

The reason we haven't gone to the moon again is that there is nothing else to be learned there. Why spend billions of $$ for no reason?
These are very desperate people - trying SO hard to maintain this one theory that they are prepared to shut their minds to the hundreds of crazy things they have to say to defend it.

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 11:05:47 PM »
With today's technology we will be able to do it for millions instead of billions.  Time to go back.

A good reason for space travel investment is to help us develop technology that will make each community self-sustaining.  If we can pull off a community on Mars that recycles, renews and becomes self-sustaining with no carbon resources, we can then turn around and do the same thing here on Earth. 
Said another way, a civilization that can survive on Mars is a civilization that will not destroy Earth.  I say we go there.
The hallmark of true science is repeatability to the point of accurate prediction.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 12:21:15 AM »
A good reason for space travel investment is to help us develop technology that will make each community self-sustaining.  If we can pull off a community on Mars that recycles, renews and becomes self-sustaining with no carbon resources, we can then turn around and do the same thing here on Earth. 

I feel like it might make sense to perfect such technology first, here on Earth, before depending on it working blindly on another planet millions of miles away. But maybe that's just me.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 05:19:47 PM »

We quit sending men to the moon because of public apathy.   Like they said in "The Right Stuff"...  "No bucks, No Buck Rogers".  It was a crazy expensive program and unmanned missions are much cheaper.  We have been back to the moon with probes.

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 05:45:07 PM »
With today's technology we will be able to do it for millions instead of billions.  Time to go back.

The cost of getting things (mass) into orbit is the problem.   Add people to the equation and you have to take a lot of oxygen,  food, and water.  Not to mention shielding, pressurized compartments, life support systems, waste disposal, entertainment, medical,  etc to name a few.   The other huge cost is the return trip.  Rovers and probes just die in place.  People tend to want to come back.  That adds the fuel, engines, and re-entry shielding to the mass.

I did some quick googling and estimated cost per pound to low Earth orbit is at minimum $2,500.00 and that seems optimistic.  NASA (yes them) said $10,000 on the shuttle.

Unmanned is the way to go.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:45:49 PM »
It's probably impossible that you will ever get laid

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »

Refrain from low-content posts and personal attacks in the upper fora. Warned.

Hmmm

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 03:47:45 PM »
I kinda agree:

(...) And to me it's obvious what this means: the moon is not solid rock, it's something like a plasma-hologram!

And don't dismiss the whole video just because you didn't like one of the footages in it!

my reply to "What are stars?" topic
"Is THIS the sun/moon/stars/planets?" topic

REandconfused, why do you use sex and 'reputation of male primate' tactics? Are you a shill? :) :(
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 03:49:39 PM by Hmmm »

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 05:33:48 PM »
I kinda agree:

(...) And to me it's obvious what this means: the moon is not solid rock, it's something like a plasma-hologram!

And don't dismiss the whole video just because you didn't like one of the footages in it!

my reply to "What are stars?" topic
"Is THIS the sun/moon/stars/planets?" topic

REandconfused, why do you use sex and 'reputation of male primate' tactics? Are you a shill? :) :(

Why are you reposting this video from another thread where it was completely and utterly debunked???

Roger

Hmmm

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 06:49:51 PM »
Roger G, to you it may be "debunked". But i still believe that 'lunar wave' phenomenon just can't be happening because of refractions of light in Earth's atmosphere.
I just feel that it is different than that!
And if you think i only observe the sky through computer screen and youtube videos, then you're both right and wrong.
I do mostly use internet to find weird sky-related phenomena. But whenever i'm having some spare time from my normal work and researching, i would be going skywatching.
..And the moon does give me a weird feeling of "fakeness", when i loot at it...

So my answer in-short is:   i just know that there is more to that video than you might think! I just feel it kinda intuitively.

(And don't ever underestimate the power of (human) intuition!
If you train it in yourself enough, it will be very powerful!!)

IT'S A FUCKING ROUND BABY BALL. WE AREN'T A PENNY FLOATING IN SPACE. YOU ARE ALL RETARDED. WE HAVE FUCKING PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF FOR GOD'S SAKE.
TheEarthIsRound143, a templateful question: how do you know if the photos from space agencies, space observatories are not fabricated as whole?

What if space-related organizations are giving out some microscopic objects as space photos, the same way cinematographer Stanley Kubrick does in "2001: A Space Odyssey" by using "large miniatures and realistic lighting" VFX technique?
Just how do you know?
...Their technology of faking stuff could potentially be very advanced even without help of CGI...But now when i see a development towards Augmented Reality technologies like "Diminished Reality", i'm starting to think that space agencies might have always used something similar!! :o...

I felt so many  'silent deja vu`s '  right now!!...
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 06:31:50 AM by Hmmm »

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 10:01:33 PM »
Roger G, to you it may be "debunked". But i still believe that 'lunar wave' phenomenon just can't be happening because of refractions of light in Earth's atmosphere.
I just feel that it is different than that!
And if you think i only observe the sky through computer screen and youtube videos, then you're both right and wrong.
I do mostly use internet to find weird sky-related phenomena. But whenever i'm having some spare time from my normal work and researching, i would be going skywatching.
..And the moon does give me a weird feeling of "fakeness", when i loot at it...

So my answer in-short is:   i just know that there is more to that video than you might think! I just feel it kinda intuitively.

(And don't ever underestimate the power of (human) intuition!
If you train it in yourself enough, it will be very powerful!!)

If you don't want to accept the facts of what you are seeing as something that I can recreate very easily and explain carefully to you, then there is really no point in trying to answer any of your queries. The world is a very baffling place if you don't have the knowledge to understand it. If I show you a video of fairys at bottom of my garden, if you desperately want to believe it's real then you will.

Roger

devils advocate

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »
One idea I heard was that it was theoretically possible to place solar panels on the moon to harvest the sun's rays and then this electricity could actually be "sent" to a receiving station on earth!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2016/04/22/moon-lunar-solar-power-plants/#.Wjj7CYQgWM8

Similar to the idea of having phones that charge without being plugged directly in, https://www.howtogeek.com/162483/no-more-cables-how-wireless-charging-works-and-how-you-can-use-it-today/

Stick that up your hoop fossil fuels!  >o<

Offline Roger G

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 11:56:47 AM »
One idea I heard was that it was theoretically possible to place solar panels on the moon to harvest the sun's rays and then this electricity could actually be "sent" to a receiving station on earth!

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2016/04/22/moon-lunar-solar-power-plants/#.Wjj7CYQgWM8

Similar to the idea of having phones that charge without being plugged directly in, https://www.howtogeek.com/162483/no-more-cables-how-wireless-charging-works-and-how-you-can-use-it-today/

Stick that up your hoop fossil fuels!  >o<

I broke the usb charging input on my phone and now have a wireless charger for it. I think it uses bendy light or magic perspective  :D

Roger

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 05:34:16 PM »
I broke the usb charging input on my phone and now have a wireless charger for it. I think it uses bendy light or magic perspective  :D

Roger

Please refrain from low-content posting in the upper fora. Warned.

EDIT - Actually you are on three warnings already. Have a few days off for repeatedly breaking the rules.

« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 07:18:53 PM »
I have no doubt in my mind that we went to the moon. Why would they fake it?? It would be harder to fake the moon landing in the 1960s then actually go there.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:21:07 PM by riv3rshane »

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 04:57:13 AM »
It would be harder to fake the moon landing in the 1960s then actually go there.

What a ridiculously silly thing to say. Are you simply parroting NASA or can you back that statement up with facts and figures?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Hmmm

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 08:55:04 AM »
Almost out of context:
People should experiment with capturing weird sun/moon phenomena using Infrared/Ultraviolet/X-ray/nightvision/thermal imaging  camera filters!....

What if those people who talk about reptilian shapeshifters being 'low-frequency vibrational beings' are right?
What if "They Live glasses" could literally be based on 'light spectrum' tweaks + combination? Infrared glasses? Microwave glasses??
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 02:41:39 PM by Hmmm »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 01:48:58 PM »
I have no doubt in my mind that we went to the moon. Why would they fake it?? It would be harder to fake the moon landing in the 1960s then actually go there.
More to the point, I haven't heard Russia (who were in the space race in the 60s) calling America out for faking it. Or Australia, who relayed the signals.
Not to mention the literally thousands of people who would have to have been "in on it", many of whom are still alive.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"