Offline FrankF

  • *
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« on: November 14, 2017, 11:38:03 AM »
The first satellite was launched by the USSR as was the first manned spaceflight. China has been to the moon and several other nations have space programmes.

So why is NASA blamed for creating and perpetuating the conspiravcy?

Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 03:08:21 PM »
It is apparently a giant conspiracy between NASA and all the other space organizations with NASA spearheading the whole thing. Since the culmination of photo editing, NASA has been heralded by conspiracy theorists as "excellent photo editors."

The "blue marble" image (NASA ID: AS17-148-22727) which is referenced to a lot, was spliced together with several images taken by different satellites. NASA never stated that it was made by a single point, they just don't harp on the fact that it's a spliced image taken by satellites on the same side of Earth at relatively the same time. It was made as a "cleaner" version of the original, non-spliced photo from Apollo 17 (NASA ID: AS17-148-22726) which also seems to be disregarded as "fake."

But, since they admit to "doctoring" photos, everything they do must have been faked.

Even in the height of the Cold War, NASA was cooperating with Soviet scientists to conspire to keep the secret.
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Offline 3DGeek

  • *
  • Posts: 975
  • Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 04:34:11 PM »
It is apparently a giant conspiracy between NASA and all the other space organizations with NASA spearheading the whole thing. Since the culmination of photo editing, NASA has been heralded by conspiracy theorists as "excellent photo editors."

The "blue marble" image (NASA ID: AS17-148-22727) which is referenced to a lot, was spliced together with several images taken by different satellites. NASA never stated that it was made by a single point, they just don't harp on the fact that it's a spliced image taken by satellites on the same side of Earth at relatively the same time. It was made as a "cleaner" version of the original, non-spliced photo from Apollo 17 (NASA ID: AS17-148-22726) which also seems to be disregarded as "fake."

But, since they admit to "doctoring" photos, everything they do must have been faked.

Even in the height of the Cold War, NASA was cooperating with Soviet scientists to conspire to keep the secret.

So here is a Japanese weather satellite that captures a new image of the entire earth every 10 minutes and puts it up on the web.

No sign of NASA, no image composition from multiple satellites.  The weather patters match the actual weather on the ground - so it can't be faked.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/10/science/An-Image-of-Earth-Every-Ten-Minutes.html

You can get similar data from the NASA GOES geostationary satellites that are sitting over the equator on either side of the Earth and producing real time imagery.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:08:11 PM by 3DGeek »
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 04:50:08 PM »
So here is a Japanese weather satellite that captures a new image of the entire earth every 10 minutes and puts it up on the web.

No sign of NASA, no image composition from multiple satellites.  The weather patters match the actual weather on the ground - so it can't be faked.



You can get similar data from the NASA GOES geostationary satellites that are sitting over the equator on either side of the Earth and producing real time imagery.

Use the url tags for such a thing:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/07/10/science/An-Image-of-Earth-Every-Ten-Minutes.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 08:51:16 PM by gizmo910 »
Flat Earth Society has members all around the globe.

“When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard.”
― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Offline 3DGeek

  • *
  • Posts: 975
  • Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 08:08:49 PM »
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Mark_1984

  • *
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 05:39:15 AM »
Just how many organisations are involved in the conspiracy ?
All the space agencies over the globe, both government and private
All the cartographic industry
Every pilot
Every mariner
Every astronomer
All of the satellite industry
A fair number of Google employees
All the industries that make and use GPS
The balloon satellite launchers (and nobody has every spotted a football field sized balloon being launched !)
All of the web sites that predict sun rise and sun set, eclipse of the sun and moon, alignment of the planets etc.
I’m sure that there are dozens more that I’ve missed, and not one single person has ever spilt the beans !  Not a single photo of the plane, nor of the edge.


Offline mtnman

  • *
  • Posts: 275
    • View Profile
Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 04:41:44 PM »
Why do people even try to claim that various space agencies (almost always NASA though) are the architects of the great conspiracy. Round Earth understanding predates any space agency. Wouldn't Copernicus have to be the original creator of the conspiracy?

Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 04:59:13 PM »
Why do people even try to claim that various space agencies (almost always NASA though) are the architects of the great conspiracy. Round Earth understanding predates any space agency. Wouldn't Copernicus have to be the original creator of the conspiracy?
The wiki (sort of clearly) lays this out. It's not a conspiracy to hide that the Earth is round, it's a conspiracy that we've been into space at all, thus negating all image evidence from the discussion as being faked. I would presume NASA is the main focus for it because they're the main name in space travel. Practically everyone knows NASA and the Apollo program. The most credible reasoning for no one else speaking up imo (more credible now than earlier) is that NASA has so much weight/momentum behind it even if anyone DID speak up as a nation and say space travel is actually impossible, no one would believe them. Since this is Q&A I won't speak any further on this beyond presenting the FE belief though.
FET - A few old books making claims and telling you how things must be based on the words contained therein. This sounds familiar....

The triangle doesn't work

Offline 3DGeek

  • *
  • Posts: 975
  • Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 04:50:58 PM »
Just how many organisations are involved in the conspiracy ?
All the space agencies over the globe, both government and private
All the cartographic industry
Every pilot
Every mariner
Every astronomer
All of the satellite industry
A fair number of Google employees
All the industries that make and use GPS
The balloon satellite launchers (and nobody has every spotted a football field sized balloon being launched !)
All of the web sites that predict sun rise and sun set, eclipse of the sun and moon, alignment of the planets etc.
I’m sure that there are dozens more that I’ve missed, and not one single person has ever spilt the beans !  Not a single photo of the plane, nor of the edge.

You forgot me!

I've been accused of being a part of the conspiracy at least three times now.  :-)

* I've worked closely with NASA astronauts in the work I did for the Canadarm robot arm on the shuttle and the one on the ISS - also made a simulation of the view from the ISS cupola to demonstrate that there were important parts of the ISS structure that could not be adequately viewed from there.

* I use "GIS" (Geographic Information Systems) - which lean heavily on cartography.

* I've flown planes - both in reality and in flight simulators (which is what I do for a living right now).

* I'm a keen amateur astronomer.

* I haven't worked for Google - but I did do some contract work for them on "a project that shall not be named".

...I've also studied piracy at sea in the age of sail...very interesting to imagine how those crazy guys were pursuaded to keep their mouths shut about how navigation works south of the equator of a Flat Earth.

I believe you could make a good case for about 20% of the population of the world having to be a part of the conspiracy...at which point, you have to ask who they are really bothering to hide it from?
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Mark_1984

  • *
  • Posts: 119
    • View Profile
Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 04:57:44 PM »
Only three times ?  You’re just not trying !  Come on put some more effort in !

Seriously, is it 20% of the population trying to hide a flat earth from the other 80%, or 0.01% trying to wind up the other 99.99% ?

Offline 3DGeek

  • *
  • Posts: 975
  • Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: The Conspiracy - why NASA?
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
Only three times ?  You’re just not trying !  Come on put some more effort in !

Seriously, is it 20% of the population trying to hide a flat earth from the other 80%, or 0.01% trying to wind up the other 99.99% ?

Good point!
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?