Offline Dionysios

• View Profile
The Asteroid Rhetoric
« on: May 02, 2015, 04:04:46 AM »
I have noticed in the American media in recent years a fascination with asteroid and meteor crashes that appears to me ultimately of an artificial origin and out of proportion to reality. For one thing, the focus on this particular phenomenon was not previously as intense, and I am skeptical about the extent of its grounding in reality including the veracity of some of what is reported as fact. More specifically, I suspect that the mass credibility in mass asteroid catastrophes has been promoted and manipulated primarily for military reasons. It seems likely a cover story for aerial bombardments.

Re: The Asteroid Rhetoric
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 07:32:51 PM »
I have noticed in the American media in recent years a fascination with asteroid and meteor crashes that appears to me ultimately of an artificial origin and out of proportion to reality. For one thing, the focus on this particular phenomenon was not previously as intense, and I am skeptical about the extent of its grounding in reality including the veracity of some of what is reported as fact. More specifically, I suspect that the mass credibility in mass asteroid catastrophes has been promoted and manipulated primarily for military reasons. It seems likely a cover story for aerial bombardments.

I have also long held that the US military bombed the dinosaurs into extinction.

Offline mikeman7918

• Round Earther
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 04:25:47 PM »
Meteorites have been falling sense before airplanes, and such impacts are incredibly rare.  You don't hear on the news that meteorites happened to destroy an enemy base or anything.
If we are having a debate and you resort to using insults and ad hominem fallacies then I will consider that a win.  You have been warned.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 11:10:35 PM »
Meteorites have been falling sense before airplanes, and such impacts are incredibly rare.  You don't hear on the news that meteorites happened to destroy an enemy base or anything.

Of course not. That would be too obvious. But random bombardments, along with the occasional targeted firebombing to show someone (Russia) who's boss, seems reasonable to me.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline mikeman7918

• Round Earther
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 05:52:43 PM »

Of course not. That would be too obvious. But random bombardments, along with the occasional targeted firebombing to show someone (Russia) who's boss, seems reasonable to me.

There have never been any instances in known history where a meteorite has killed someone.
If we are having a debate and you resort to using insults and ad hominem fallacies then I will consider that a win.  You have been warned.

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2015, 12:51:10 PM »

There have never been any instances in known history where a meteorite has killed someone.

That's because it would draw too much attention. Think about it. If asteroids were real, surely they'd have killed someone by now. It's not that crazy of a thing to happen.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline mikeman7918

• Round Earther
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 08:06:41 AM »

That's because it would draw too much attention. Think about it. If asteroids were real, surely they'd have killed someone by now. It's not that crazy of a thing to happen.

Asteroids fall in random locations including unpopulated areas (which accounts for most of the land area on Earth).  There have been asteroids that have injured people and distroyed people's houses even though the asteroid it's self is worth more then the cost of he damages.  Chances are, asteroids have killed many people.  We just don't know of any instances where this has happened.