Organising an ANTARCTICA exploration
« on: December 26, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »
 :o
lets explore Antarctica

1,Who is interested?
2,What would be the warmest time to go?
3.Any idea on cost per head?
4,what would be the cheapest method of travel?
5,what could be used for travel when getting there?

in reply to my own questions, I would just like to point out this is possible because.......

1, Does not just have to be 'flat earth believers' coming along, Im sure some of the die hard globe believers like the idea of gloating at the flat earthers when they see for themselves upon exploring antarctica that the earth is actually a globe upon finding the other side of antarctica.
3, my guess is without sponsorship or celebrity interest it will be affordable unless there are hundreds if not close to 1000 people coming along to help, not 1000 to explore! but we will need people to help witha vast array of tasks / catering ect.
4, Surely it has to be a ship.
5, snow ski, snow buggy, monster trucks? tailor made vehicle, helicopter from the ship? small private aircraft?

With celebrity interest, anything is possible - Im fed up with watching 'frozen planet', the narrator himself said earlier, another 700 miles further is just ice ( so basically theres no point going any further ) was david attenborough told to say that? does he truly believe that? who knows....

One of those ready made Antarctica tours never go far enough, anyone can come along out of interest no matter what you believe so theres no stigma attached!

Would anyone like to take charge of the organizing of this trip? if so step forward  :-B

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
Re: Organising an ANTARCTICA exploration
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 04:59:58 PM »
lets explore Antarctica

1,Who is interested?

in reply to my own questions, I would just like to point out this is possible because.......

1, Does not just have to be 'flat earth believers' coming along, Im sure some of the die hard globe believers like the idea of gloating at the flat earthers when they see for themselves upon exploring antarctica that the earth is actually a globe upon finding the other side of antarctica.
3, my guess is without sponsorship or celebrity interest it will be affordable unless there are hundreds if not close to 1000 people coming along to help, not 1000 to explore! but we will need people to help witha vast array of tasks / catering ect.
5, snow ski, snow buggy, monster trucks? tailor made vehicle, helicopter from the ship? small private aircraft?

With celebrity interest, anything is possible - Im fed up with watching 'frozen planet', the narrator himself said earlier, another 700 miles further is just ice ( so basically theres no point going any further ) was david attenborough told to say that? does he truly believe that? who knows....

One of those ready made Antarctica tours never go far enough, anyone can come along out of interest no matter what you believe so theres no stigma attached!

Would anyone like to take charge of the organizing of this trip? if so step forward  :-B

The best way to go is having needed skills.  30 years ago I was in the construction supply business and I had some carpenter clients that were hired for a construction project and spent a couple of months building at one of the bases.  So find a way to get paid to go.

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 05:10:44 PM »
Agree with getting paid to go, we need to advertise and rather then have one leader, it would probably be better to have a few leaders in separate groups while out there in Antarctica.

Does any permission need to be granted to 1, visit, 2 use grounded vehicles, 3 use aviation machines when there?
If so, who grants the permission?

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 06:11:32 PM »
If Antarctica surrounds the entire flat earth, where would you go? How would you get past all of the armed guards that shoot to kill because you aren’t allowed to go to Antarctica much less try to get to the edge? (This is frequently posted in the FES on Facebook and I’m sincerely interested in what people think about this.)

Also, China now offers group tours there so that is something to check on.

lets explore Antarctica

1,Who is interested?

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 07:26:01 PM »
Agree with getting paid to go, we need to advertise and rather then have one leader, it would probably be better to have a few leaders in separate groups while out there in Antarctica.

Does any permission need to be granted to 1, visit, 2 use grounded vehicles, 3 use aviation machines when there?
How will you know where you are?

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 11:11:57 AM »

How will you know where you are?

not sure, but if we leave a trail of breadcrumbs, we should find our way back ok.

lol, Well, perhaps anyone doing the actual exploring should fully learn to navigate using the stars.

Offline exadon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 06:23:20 AM »
For the price of an exploration you may be better off building the funds for a hobbyists satellite.

Seems like the most logical way to prove the flat earth. Though a costly option, it would most likely be easier to coordinate the effort.

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 08:04:15 AM »
lets explore Antarctica

1,Who is interested?

Why not just book a tour? It would be much simpler.
There are now at least a couple of companies that organize tours to the geographic South Pole.

https://www.polar-quest.com/trips/antarctica/fly-to-the-south-pole
http://www.polarexplorers.com/expeditions/south-pole

The second link has tours that range from flying in to the South Pole to 60 day expeditions where you trek inland starting at the Antarctic shore all the way to the South Pole (500 – 700 miles).

Max_Almond

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 08:03:50 PM »
There is a new flight claiming to circle the entire world, going over both poles, flying this October:

https://www.overthepoles2018.com/

Tickets are quite reasonable, at $12,000 per person.