Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #4520 on: November 07, 2019, 11:46:14 AM »
lol, keep on trollin'
Not every tongue-in-cheek statement is a troll, friend. We had a good discussion on the subject. If you want to add something, do. If you don't, don't. No need to say anything if you have nothing to say.

"There couldn't have been a quid pro quo because Trump and the people he has working for him are too incompetent to even know what quid pro quo is!"

Yeah, that's a reasonable argument for keeping this administration in place.  ::)

Grasping at straws.
That's truly amazing. I hope they double-down on that line of reasoning. "I don't know things, believe me. People all around the world call me to tell me about things that I don't know"
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 11:49:19 AM by Pete Svarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

totallackey

« Reply #4521 on: November 07, 2019, 11:54:45 AM »
Actually I said congress, not Democrats in the house.  Which is accurate.  However, if you recall, republicans had full control over the house, senate, and presidency in 2017 and 2018.
Yeah. And you were complaining here in 2019 because Democrats in the House, who supposedly control the money (which they don't, the Fed does), were complaining.
Also recall, the big tax cut law that was supposed to spur on the economy.  It did not.
Yeah, the economy is tanking...2 market indices at all time highs, unprecedented job growth over the last 3 years...you are correct though...you and your pals here life long dream of the the economy hitting the breaks and people starving in bread lines will soon become reality!
Trump also started a trade war with China that he assured us was "easy to win".  Its hasn't helped much.
Yeah... orange man bad...very BAD...PLEASE, EVERYBODY JOIN IN THE NEXT CHORUS...

Keep cheering the smoke and mirror side there Dave...

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: November 11, 2019, 11:57:54 PM »
lhttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/11/donald-trump-jr-walks-out-of-triggered-book-launch-after-heckling-from-supporters

lmao. What a turd.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: November 12, 2019, 05:45:59 AM »
lhttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/nov/11/donald-trump-jr-walks-out-of-triggered-book-launch-after-heckling-from-supporters

lmao. What a turd.

Those were clearly fake supporters, actors, paid for by the Liberal Media to disrupt Trump Jr. 's speech.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: November 15, 2019, 10:13:28 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/470652-bret-baier-says-trump-attacking-yovanovitch-could-be-article-of-impeachment

I just don't see the intimidation in the tweet. For one thing, it went out while she was testifying, meaning (regardless of the fact that Schiff read it to her during the questioning since how could Trump know he would do that) that it wasn't meant for her to see before giving her testimony.

Second of all, there's no threat, either express or implied. It's just Trump badmouthing the job she did, which I can absolutely see as being brought on by his frustration over the impeachment hearings.

I feel like as strong as the Democrats' case is, trying to frame every little thing he does as a crime can only end up backfiring on them in the court of public opinion.

Unless someone can show me what I'm missing Trump is probably exactly right that this tweet was nothing more than an expression of his first amendment rights.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 10:15:22 PM by Roundy »
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: November 15, 2019, 10:24:41 PM »
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/470652-bret-baier-says-trump-attacking-yovanovitch-could-be-article-of-impeachment

I just don't see the intimidation in the tweet. For one thing, it went out while she was testifying, meaning (regardless of the fact that Schiff read it to her during the questioning since how could Trump know he would do that) that it wasn't meant for her to see before giving her testimony.

Second of all, there's no threat, either express or implied. It's just Trump badmouthing the job she did, which I can absolutely see as being brought on by his frustration over the impeachment hearings.

I feel like as strong as the Democrats' case is, trying to frame every little thing he does as a crime can only end up backfiring on them in the court of public opinion.

Unless someone can show me what I'm missing Trump is probably exactly right that this tweet was nothing more than an expression of his first amendment rights.
I agree for the most point.  It is, however, slander in a sense.  And while he's not tampering directly with the witness, he is trying to discredit her in real time.  Is there such a thing as witness tampering by proxy?  Probably not.  Still, kinda dumb to do but that's Trump: Attack, attack, attack.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: November 16, 2019, 05:56:49 AM »
It's not exactly witness intimidation.  But it is something.  I think it's more embarrassing for the GOP than anything.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: November 16, 2019, 06:08:42 AM »
It's not exactly witness intimidation.  But it is something.  I think it's more embarrassing for the GOP than anything.

Clearly the GOP is far past the point where this kind of thing bothers them. As long as the constituency is ok with it they are ok with it, and I don't see this little incident as being their breaking point given all they've shown they're willing to already look past.

But hyperbolizing the situation as Schiff seems to have done just gives the GOP ammunition to fight the impeachment.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 06:10:26 AM by Roundy »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: November 17, 2019, 05:21:46 PM »
So Trump is doing "part" of his annual physical at a hospital off site from the WH grounds.  And he's doing it early because he thinks that 2020 is going to be too busy.

So I had a thought:
What if Trump claims that his health is declining due to stress and blames it on the fake news/liberal media but also claims that they are intentionally trying to assassinate him via stress?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: November 17, 2019, 10:09:44 PM »
Or maybe he's really sick and will die soon.

A guy can hope.

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #4530 on: November 18, 2019, 01:30:12 PM »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: November 18, 2019, 04:42:21 PM »
https://nypost.com/2019/11/18/north-korea-says-it-wont-give-trump-a-summit-for-free/

Sounds like the honeymoon's over.

In some ways, I can understand why.  Trump is promising things no one cares about.  Certainly not NK.

However, if Trump just up and said "Stop the human rights violations or we'll march in and kill you" I'd support him.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: November 18, 2019, 05:29:16 PM »
However, if Trump just up and said "Stop the human rights violations or we'll march in and kill you" I'd support him.
Dave, every now and then you come out and more or less say you support the idea of a nuclear war. Nuclear wars are terrifying, let's not have one.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: November 18, 2019, 06:00:04 PM »
Dave, every now and then you come out and more or less say you support the idea of a nuclear war. Nuclear wars are terrifying, let's not have one.

I don't support nuclear war and as far as I know, NK doesn't have anything more than a bomb or two.  Probably nothing that can reach America.  Yes, they can lash out but at this point, they're just buying time.  They want sanctions but don't want to give up nukes.  So either way, no matter what, NK will have nuclear weapons and will never give them up because its the only chip they have.  So the west has nothing on them.  Nothing they want more.  And they will keep oppressing their people until someone goes in and topples the regieme.

Rama Set

« Reply #4534 on: November 18, 2019, 08:57:03 PM »
[quote author=Pete Svarrior link
I don't support nuclear war and as far as I know, NK doesn't have anything more than a bomb or two.  Probably nothing that can reach America.

They have missiles that can reach Japan and Korea. Surely you can’t shrug that off?

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4535 on: November 18, 2019, 10:53:12 PM »
I don't support nuclear war and as far as I know, NK doesn't have anything more than a bomb or two.  Probably nothing that can reach America.

They have missiles that can reach Japan and Korea. Surely you can’t shrug that off?
Yes.  And Japan and SK have missiles that can reach NK.  I'm not sure said missiles can hold a nuke yet.

However, make note that if we actually stomped on the Un regeime years ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  And the longer we wait, the better armed he'll be.

Rama Set

« Reply #4536 on: November 19, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »

Yes.  And Japan and SK have missiles that can reach NK.  I'm not sure said missiles can hold a nuke yet.

However, make note that if we actually stomped on the Un regeime years ago, we wouldn't be having this discussion.  And the longer we wait, the better armed he'll be.

Sorry, is this your justification for being apathetic towards nuclear war? I don’t understand.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4537 on: November 19, 2019, 12:34:25 PM »
This sounds like the classic jingoistic argument of "if we don't get them now, they'll get stronger, and then they'll get us!"

The West has a terrible track record of dismantling bad regimes and leaving worse regimes in place. I doubt they'd do anything differently this time around.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: November 20, 2019, 04:33:02 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/20/gordon-sondland-impeachment-testimony-071708

The defense will soon change from "There was no quid pro quo," to "It's okay that there was a quid pro quo, the president has the right to make these kinds of deals, this was never a secret," and all that nonsense. The obvious implication that Trump and his team must therefore have been lying up until now will go unacknowledged.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: November 21, 2019, 10:38:47 PM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2019/11/20/gordon-sondland-impeachment-testimony-071708

The defense will soon change from "There was no quid pro quo," to "It's okay that there was a quid pro quo, the president has the right to make these kinds of deals, this was never a secret," and all that nonsense. The obvious implication that Trump and his team must therefore have been lying up until now will go unacknowledged.

It's already done that.

Chief of staff confirmed it in front of the press

A republican rep or senator later said the WH was "too incompetent to formulate a quid pro quo"
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?