Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Why not fly a Remote Control Drone Plane (due south) over Antartica?
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2016, 05:21:07 PM »
Of course I present good arguments or make sarcastic remarks about your cherry picked "proofs," I am a writer.
Fantastic. What does your day job/hobby have to do with anything?

Your argument comes down to YOUR links are gold and everyone else's are at best unreliable.
I said no such thing.

Wiki FE HAS been shredded. and your response is "LOL"
lol

Online booking for lights from Sydney to Chile  are declared fake.
What? Whoever told you that was wrong.

And the fact that there are no online sites complaining about flight scams or Antartica trip scams are still not, in your La La Land, proof that such trips and flights are NOT scams?
Correct. Just because something isn't on the Internet doesn't mean it's false. What on Earth made you think otherwise?

1. Online sites for booking Antartica Trips are scams, as anyone can build a website.
I said no such thing.

2. The lack websites saying online booking of Antartica Trips are not proof that point 1 is false.
Correct, see above.

3. You don't believe there would be an out cry over sites/organizations that promise a service but don't deliver.  Me? If I wanted to run that Antarctic Half Marathon and saved up $12+ grand and couldn't get a booking, I be pissed off and start checking, then start talking to the media and posting every place I could. And I would NOT be alone, every runner I know would join me. It'd be all over the news in DAYS.
Can you at least find some people who managed to make a booking? If not, how do you know anyone got scammed to begin with?

I understand, you need to believe even if it means ignoring all common sense and math and geometry and history and well everything that is real.
I have yet to state my beliefs to you - please refrain from assuming, especially if you're trying to pull off the "I'm not a blind believer" argument.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »
3. You don't believe there would be an out cry over sites/organizations that promise a service but don't deliver.  Me? If I wanted to run that Antarctic Half Marathon and saved up $12+ grand and couldn't get a booking, I be pissed off and start checking, then start talking to the media and posting every place I could. And I would NOT be alone, every runner I know would join me. It'd be all over the news in DAYS.
Can you at least find some people who managed to make a booking? If not, how do you know anyone got scammed to begin with?

He did exactly that already:
As a runner I know for a fact that the site for running full and half marathons on Antartica is real, because I know runners that have those taken part in those races.
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »
No, no, I'd like to actually see some evidence of that. Have you missed the part where just putting something on the Internet doesn't make it true?

If not: Hey, guys, the craziest thing just happened! My good friend went to the edge of the Earth and he saw it and then he came back and told me about it! I guess that settles it!
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Rounder

• What in the Sam Hill are you people talking about?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2016, 08:41:12 PM »
Fair enough.  How shall one prove it to YOU though?  Photos of a guy running the race?  Possibly fake.  Personal testimony of the runner(s) in question?  Also possibly fake, either by the runner himself/herself or by the person who claims to know them.  TV footage of the marathon?  Possibly fake.  Facebook post?  Twitter?  Strava?  I can think of nothing that is not vulnerable to the accusation of fakery, can you?  I mean, you could meet the runner in person, and maybe he/she lies to your face.  We fly you to the race, to watch it yourself, and maybe we did some kind of trickery and merely flew you someplace very cold and snowy, but not truly Antarctica.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 08:46:10 PM by Rounder »
Proud member of İntikam's "Ignore List"
Ok. You proven you are unworthy to unignored. You proven it was a bad idea to unignore you. and it was for me a disgusting experience...Now you are going to place where you deserved and accustomed.
Quote from: SexWarrior
You accuse {FE} people of malice where incompetence suffice

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2016, 09:33:56 PM »
Fair enough.  How shall one prove it to YOU though?
Simple, put it in the FE wiki or make a crappy utube video about with with lots of swearing. These seem to be valid proofs for fe believers.

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2016, 11:16:30 PM »
He's not interested in truth or proof. He's a believer and that settles it in his mind. You book a trip for two and take him with, and he'd still find away in his mind to discredit  the trip.

The sad part? He doesn't think to apply his own standards to himself.

Offline magic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2016, 03:53:07 AM »
All good points to consider regarding the further distribution of a truth one may find in their journey to seek answers.

Any time you add the requirement of distribution, you include a logistical burden that significantly increases all the requirements of the task.

If you want to find out, don't worry about telling everybody, even if you empirically possessed the truth, the current environment will not value it as you will have an equal amount of supporters and opposition to the information you have to offer.

Find your own truth, it is better this way, the path to enlightenment is truly a solitary affair.

A drone through Antarctica? A remote control drone is limited by its relative distance to the operator, to traverse a meaningful distance, the operator would have to move in lockstep with the remote drone which would only serve to act as a scout, which would improve the operators efficiency moving if there are obstructions that can only be navigated around.

Otherwise to assume that GPS even works in that area is a fallacy as you must remember that the GPS signal is managed by the US military, if your GPS is using the signal then you have just created a signature and assuming you aren't greeted by a QRF your GPS signal could be providing you false data, if your drone goes down, you may not be able to locate it if GPS is not available. Don't rely on GPS there, it is a luxury.

You go into a straight line until you find the answer you are looking for.

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2016, 02:58:49 PM »
anyway,, so why doesnt anyone do the remote control drone plane over Antartica Due South ?
really.. that would be the icing on the cake !
such a simple idea.
--- because it is impossible.

Try to find a video of a remote contol drone plane flying over the south pole yourself.  You will not find it because nobody has done it..... because it is impossible.... because it does not exist. 

The true form of the earth is irrelevent. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline Round fact

• Science and math over opinion
    • View Profile
    • Starflight Publishing
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2016, 03:13:31 PM »
anyway,, so why doesnt anyone do the remote control drone plane over Antartica Due South ?
really.. that would be the icing on the cake !
such a simple idea.
--- because it is impossible.

Try to find a video of a remote contol drone plane flying over the south pole yourself.  You will not find it because nobody has done it..... because it is impossible.... because it does not exist. 

The true form of the earth is irrelevent.

In your  completely ignorant and uninformed opinion.

http://www.marathontours.com/index.cfm?pid=10734

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2016, 03:21:05 PM »
I answered you in the other thread before seeing that you posted this as its own thread.  My answer:

why doesnt anyone (with a small amount of money) organize to fly a drone over the South pole, heading due south (for as long as it can fly) ?
this would rest the lid on whether flat earth people are correct or not.
First off, it isn't a "small amount of money".  Travel to the region could easily cost upwards of $40,000. 

Second, while drones are allowed there are rules, one of which is you must recover the craft.  This means you would not be allowed to simply fly south until it dies, unless your machine has the range (both flight range and radio transmitter range) to actually cross to the other side of the continent (round earth assumption) for recovery.  I don't think any drones can do that yet.  (Another rule prevents flying over the pole itself, to prevent crashing there, but a flight nearby should satisfy the challenge.).

Third, even if such a flight were completed, with full HD video and a GPS track the whole way, the wiki itself says "In general, we at the Flat Earth Society do not lend much credibility to photographic evidence. It is too easily manipulated and altered....With this litany of problems, it's easy to see why photographic evidence is not to be trusted."  If the video is likely to be rejected a priori, why should anybody (on either side) bother going to the effort and expense of shooting it in the first place?

And fourth, a reason that will sound harsh but I include for the sake of completing the list: of those people who even know there is a modern Flat Earth viewpoint, the vast majority believe it to be either fake (internet trolls pretending to believe) or folly.  Very few outside this forum take the Flat Earth viewpoint seriously, certainly not to the level of spending time and money to prove it wrong.  The rest of the world considers the matter settled by thousands of years, and if a modern person doesn't believe round earth already, one more piece of evidence is unlikely to change that.

in reply to you:

(1) Money is NOT the issue (as i am sure there are plenty of wealthy Flat Earthers who are 'game' to fund this sort of project). I mean,, if someone believes in a Flat Earth and the huge conspiracy by the illuminate to cover it up, then any wealthy person would put good money in this direction, because the results could be LIFE CHANGING !   
(even if the results of the experiment are not accepted by the public, it would be of gigantic life changing reward to the people involved in the project).
would you pay $100 towards this project if you knew you would be part of the team and be able to access the actual Video Feed of the Drones entire flight ?
So, ask yourself: Do you think a wealthy flat earther would give a few hundred thousand or more ?  (i believe they would). 
 - a friend of my family is waiting for Virgin Galactic and all four of them want to take a seat. (thats about half a million dollars for the family). if he was a flat earther, he would invest for sure.

(2)  I dont think the Legallity really matters because:   if Flat Earth is true, then obviously one would be going AGAINIST the "powers that be", and therefore, any actions to prove them wrong would be an illegal act. 
So, this is more of a private group who are out to find out the truth. (and they try not to get caught). No one need know about it until AFTER the event (if they so wish to speak out).
 i also disagree that one just needs to fly NEAR to there. I think its more of a: "keep flying till you find something".
i dont know the technical data on drone planes,,, but I know that Autonomous Software onboard the drone can pre-program the flight pattern. (ie: the drone plane can be outside of the reach of the remote control, because its simply following an autopilot flight map which is on board the drone.

You mentioned that the drone needs to be Recovered!  (are you talking about complying with the law??) 
Honestly, this is not of any concern to a project like this !!
Does one worry about getting 'permission' from the teacher if you want to graffiti on the wall of the school toilet ?   

As long as the camera Signal can be picked up by the team, then the drone does not need to be recovered.
a one way mission will fly much further over antartical than a round trip.

Also: i dont think its necessary to fly in the area of the POLE, coz if there is a flat earth, the Pole location is Meaningless.   
The drone-plane would fly in an area far away from the pole.

(3) & (4)  Even if the Drone got video footage of an incredible alien base, or the "Worlds Edge" or something amazing, there will always be disbelievers.
at least for the people Funding the project, they can live the rest of their lives with an altered perspective and regain a lot more hope and wonder about the entire universe.
and I am sure tens of thousands of other people will believe it on "Faith". 
just look at the rest of the conspiracy stores out there and how many people follow them blindly.
so there is always an audience.
whether you personally would believe it, I cant say.
but getting involved in such a project would be life-changing.
(unless of course the illuminate assasinates everyone involved.. Lol)  !!!!!!