Yaakov ben Avraham

Re: US Supreme Court Rules in Favor of Gay Marriage
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2015, 05:13:10 PM »
Tausami, if you had ever read the Constitution, you would realise that Scalia, and the three Justices that agreed with him, were right,but you probably never have. Marriage is a matter for the States to decide. The Federal Government does not handle marriage laws or licensing. Ergo, they have no control over the subject. Whatever powers and laws are not explicitly granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution shall be reserved to the States. This is one of those.

Rama Set

« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2015, 05:49:37 PM »
Apparently four members of our Supreme Court disagree with you on what the Founding Fathers wanted. All it will take to reverse this absurd decision will be a death or retirement of a Justice, and the appointment of a conservative. That will happen, in time.

Or the destruction of the USA, one of the two. I'm actually betting the second will happen first.With increasing toleration of perversion, I don't expect us to make it long. Most of the world recognises homosexuality for the perversion that it is, and thank G-d for that. At least when the perverts fall, there will be something left to rebuild with.

Well, if a conservative dies first, which is statistically more likely, then you are back where you started, at best. For the record there is more tolerance for homosexuality globally than anytime in history, so your rally cry is pretty ineffectual.

Tolerance where? In the degraded nations of Western Europe and the United States? Your point being?

That progress is away from the fear-based bigotry you espouse.

Tausami, if you had ever read the Constitution, you would realise that Scalia, and the three Justices that agreed with him, were right,but you probably never have. Marriage is a matter for the States to decide. The Federal Government does not handle marriage laws or licensing. Ergo, they have no control over the subject. Whatever powers and laws are not explicitly granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution shall be reserved to the States. This is one of those.

So do you think the five assenting justices have read the constitution?  Are you claiming to know the constitution better than a Supreme Court justice?  Is it your degree in British history that qualifies you?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
Apparently four members of our Supreme Court disagree with you on what the Founding Fathers wanted. All it will take to reverse this absurd decision will be a death or retirement of a Justice, and the appointment of a conservative. That will happen, in time.

Or the destruction of the USA, one of the two. I'm actually betting the second will happen first.With increasing toleration of perversion, I don't expect us to make it long. Most of the world recognises homosexuality for the perversion that it is, and thank G-d for that. At least when the perverts fall, there will be something left to rebuild with.

Well, if a conservative dies first, which is statistically more likely, then you are back where you started, at best. For the record there is more tolerance for homosexuality globally than anytime in history, so your rally cry is pretty ineffectual.

Tolerance where? In the degraded nations of Western Europe and the United States? Your point being?

That progress is away from the fear-based bigotry you espouse.

So do you think the five assenting justices have read the constitution?  Are you claiming to know the constitution better than a Supreme Court justice?  Is it your degree in British history that qualifies you?

Given how offensively liberal the five are, I expect they were legislating from the Bench, which is an all-too-common practice in our courts today. They imagine themselves legislators rather than judges.

And yes, given the fact that in British history, you have to study the entire origin of constitutional law, I expect I probably do know the concept of Anglo-American Common Law, and Precedent, better than our liberal Justices, who are driven by causes, such as feminism, and a new-found sense of an appeal to rights that do not exist in the American Constitution and never have, more than they are basic historic law and constitutional limitations.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2015, 06:32:38 PM »

I already responded to this argument.  The federal government isn't allowed to create laws that are exclusively the domain of the states.  That doesn't mean that state laws are immune to judicial review or that federal courts have no power to interpret their constitutionality.  This was all established very early in this country's history, with the Judiciary Act of 1789, Martin v. Hunter's Lessee, etc.  Not even the dissenting justices tried to argue this point, because they know it's not how the courts work.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2015, 07:26:46 PM »

I already responded to this argument.  The federal government isn't allowed to create laws that are exclusively the domain of the states.  That doesn't mean that state laws are immune to judicial review or that federal courts have no power to interpret their constitutionality.  This was all established very early in this country's history, with the Judiciary Act of 1789, Martin v. Hunter's Lessee, etc.  Not even the dissenting justices tried to argue this point, because they know it's not how the courts work.

That is, at the least, a debatable point. One has to determine whether or not redefinition of marriage (ie, given that marriage for 25,000 [twenty-five thousand] years has been opposite sex partners) is within the power of the court. Given the nature of the VAST majority of human society, I think most reasonable persons would say no. The fact that a few nations in Western Europe and the USA disagree is completely beside the point.

In fact, I find it VERY interesting that the same whiners, like all of you, who complain about European white domination of the world, are more than happy to expect the world to follow Western Europe on this perverse subject. How utterly illogical. Not that that surpises me per se.

So all of you may choose to let human society degrade itself with perversion and sickness. I choose not to. Your choice, not mine.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2015, 04:24:15 AM »
What it ultimately comes down to is the following: after all the constitutional arguments have been won and lost, the following will always be the case, and that is that playing the game of Hide the Sausage is, has always been, and always will be against Natural Law when you are attempting to hide it in someone's poop-chute, male or female. Other unusual activities with your Package involving other males of the species are also in violation if Natural Law. The same is true when animals do it. So the fact that America and a few other perverted countries give into the need for disgusting behaviour doesn't excuse ssid behaviour. Its vile, and should be treated as vile, no matter what. Who said animals can't have mental trouble? I certainly don't see why they can't.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:14:01 AM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

Offline Particle Person

• Planar Moderator
  • born 2 b b&
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2015, 04:27:02 AM »
What it ultimately comes down to is the following: after all the constitutional arguments have been won and lost, the following will always be the case, and that is that playing the game of Hide the Sausage is, has always been, and always will be against natural law when you are attempting to hide it in someone's poop-chute, male or female. Other unusual activities with your Package involving other males of the species are also in violation if Natural Law. The same is true when animals do it. So the fact that America and a few other perverted countries give in the need for disgusting

quoted for great truth
Your mom is when your mom and you arent your mom.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2015, 09:31:28 AM »

Its vile, and should be treated as vile, no matter what.

Why?
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2015, 09:01:03 PM »
I'm pretty sure animals have been found to have sex with a member of the same sex and they don't slaughter each other over it.  In fact, my grandma used to have a dog that would try to get a bj from anything with four legs, no matter the species or sex.  Therefore it's not against Nature's Law as you put it.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2015, 09:52:03 PM »

I'm pretty sure animals have been found to have sex with a member of the same sex and they don't slaughter each other over it.  In fact, my grandma used to have a dog that would try to get a bj from anything with four legs, no matter the species or sex.  Therefore it's not against Nature's Law as you put it.

You'll find he doesn't actually mean "Nature's Law" but really means "my spiteful God's law" instead. And then he will progress to the "it's icky" argument/fallacy.

Offline JRowe

• Slowly being driven insane by RE nonsense
    • View Profile
    • Dual Earth Theory
« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2015, 11:16:29 PM »
The natural law argument is a useless one until you can justify the existence of that law. Typically it just invokes a teleology when there is no reason to suppose one.
My DE model explained here.
Open to questions, but if you're curious start there rather than expecting me to explain it all from scratch every time.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2015, 11:49:40 PM »
Actually, no, it does violate the Natural Law. Humans have higher reasoning functions, for one thing. But even if we didn't, animals can be mentally ill, just as humans can be. Ever heard of dogs on pyschiatric meds? I have. Homosexuality is a mental illness. The fact remains, you are not suppose to pack the fudge.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 07, 2015, 12:47:49 AM »

Actually, no, it does violate the Natural Law. Humans have higher reasoning functions, for one thing. But even if we didn't, animals can be mentally ill, just as humans can be. Ever heard of dogs on pyschiatric meds? I have. Homosexuality is a mental illness. The fact remains, you are not suppose to pack the fudge.

Do you have any evidence to support your outlandish claims?

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2015, 06:38:21 AM »
Ever heard of the fact that if you pack your pork in someone's bunghole, of either gender, too frequently, you end up wearing a bag in later years?

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2015, 08:37:22 AM »
Well, seeing as there are plenty of gay couples who've done just that all their lives and are doing just fine...
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2015, 10:09:15 AM »

Ever heard of the fact that if you pack your pork in someone's bunghole, of either gender, too frequently, you end up wearing a bag in later years?

So, no evidence then. Gotcha.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2015, 10:52:57 AM »
I think the fact that you are not supposed to pack your Pork up your neighbour's Poop Chute is an indicator of the unnatural state of homosexual behaviour. Adding to that that two men, or two women, cannot produce offspring, which is fundamentally the purpose of sex. I am sorry that you, in your urge to sing "kum-bay-ya" with your neighbour, no matter how perverted he may be, are unable to see this fact. Of course, I am prepared for you to next sing the praises of zoophilia. But that is your business.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2015, 01:01:45 PM »

I think the fact that you are not supposed to pack your Pork up your neighbour's Poop Chute is an indicator of the unnatural state of homosexual behaviour. Adding to that that two men, or two women, cannot produce offspring, which is fundamentally the purpose of sex. I am sorry that you, in your urge to sing "kum-bay-ya" with your neighbour, no matter how perverted he may be, are unable to see this fact. Of course, I am prepared for you to next sing the praises of zoophilia. But that is your business.

None of this has to do with "natural law" or gay marriage. I understand you think it's gross, that isn't evidence. And, in typical fashion, you bigots squeeze in a false equivalency relating to animals.

Yaakov ben Avraham

« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2015, 01:10:40 PM »
None of this has to do with "natural law" or gay marriage. I understand you think it's gross, that isn't evidence. And, in typical fashion, you bigots squeeze in a false equivalency relating to animals.

Of course, the ad hom from the one who can't maintain an argument. the violation of Natural Law applies with animals and with men being with men. Or women being with women. The fact is, you can't produce children in either case. Ergo, it is not natural, and should be forbidden by Public Morality, although what people do behind closed doors should not be regulated. But it certainly should not receive sanction from the State.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 07, 2015, 01:26:18 PM »
Are infertile people also violating natural law by having sex?