Offline Avery

• View Profile
Will it be more difficult to fly to the east?
« on: February 14, 2020, 07:06:35 AM »
The earth has rotated eastward at a speed of more than 1600 kilometers per hour, but the plane speed is only 800 kilometers per hour. So will it be difficult for the plane to fly to the east? I'm really confuse   ???

Offline iamcpc

• View Profile
Re: Will it be more difficult to fly to the east?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 09:11:08 PM »
The earth has rotated eastward at a speed of more than 1600 kilometers per hour, but the plane speed is only 800 kilometers per hour. So will it be difficult for the plane to fly to the east? I'm really confuse   ???

In the RE model the earth rotates. In many FE models  the earth does not rotate.

In the RE spinning on an axis earth model the answer is no with the video below explaining why:
In the FE rotating model the answer is no with the video below explaining the physics why:

In the FE non rotating earth model the answer is no because the earth does not rotate.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:16:56 PM by iamcpc »

Offline CJO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 10:32:02 AM »
The answer is it doesn't matter what way u fly.  It's called inertia.  We are all rotating 1600 km per hour.  Us. The atmosphere. Everything.  It's like throwing something in a car. When traveling 60 mph.   The speed does not have any effect on what u throw because everything's moving 60 mph.  Gravity is the only force that has to be overcome to move objects of any size.  That and atmospheric conditions. 

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 10:48:11 AM »
If you presume the globe Earth (or more precisely, a point upon it) to be moving 1600km/h, then you have to presume the atmosphere is generally doing the same, at approximately the same rotational rate, and hence linear rate.

If it were presumed to not do this, there would be permanent 1600km/h wind at your chosen location. In one direction. All the time. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:53:24 AM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 06:15:38 PM »

The only time I know of that the rotation affects flight is space flight, you get a boost launching eastward.
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline CJO

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 02:27:31 AM »
Dear parisfal. I recently read ur post that people shouldn't listen to my opinion.  Or delusion as u so eloquently alluded. My question to u is what happens in ur car traveling at any speed when u throw a ball in the air.  My opinion is that if all u can do is insult me and belittle my view without having an intelligent one of ur own.  Just childish and immature

Offline CJO

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2020, 03:59:51 AM »
The only thing that effected when u fly in an east or west direction is time on the clock.  Flying east u loss time and flying west u gain time by time zones.  West is possible because the plane is already moving at earth rotational speed before take off  u gain adding to that speed. Flying east u move slightly less than earth rotational speed.

Offline CJO

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2020, 04:05:27 AM »
My apologies parsifal for spelling ur name  wrong.