Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Bye Bye Abortion
« Reply #180 on: May 12, 2022, 10:01:15 AM »
Those are puff papers to deny the obvious. Look at the manipulative the questions they are asking
And you think the site you posted from is neutral? It says:

After submitting your testimonial it will be reviewed and if approved posted to our website. You will not be contacted and your contact information will remain private. Thank you for sharing and helping other women and men know the true experiences of abortion.

Why are they only approving some? Where are all the positive stories, are you seriously saying those don't exist? You're cherry picking again, as are they. Your trouble - and you do this with everything - is you only consider evidence to be reliable if it backs up what you already believe. Pretty easy to "prove" yourself right if you do that. Until you consider evidence more honestly and objectively you're doomed to never seriously inspect your own opinions or change your mind about anything no matter how clearly you're shown to be wrong.

You then go on to make a ridiculous false equivalence between killing your mother - someone you've had a lifelong emotional connection with - and a clump of cells which you do not. If you can't see why that's a stupid comparison then I don't know how to help you.

I don't think anyone is arguing that abortion is something one should take lightly. Overall I think it's a "bad thing". But as a male, I don't feel I can pontificate too much about a decision I'll never have to make. And it's notable that it's pretty much always old, white men who are making the laws about stuff like this.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 12, 2022, 10:03:59 AM »
I was almost 16 and did not want my parents to know  ...

"My parents told me I had one option, abortion or get kicked out of the house and go to a shelter in the city.

So your examples are simply examples of parental intolerance.

Give the choice, without abortion available, your second example would have been kicked out on the street. Is that what you want for the young female populace of the USA?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.
=============================

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 12, 2022, 12:24:15 PM »
I was almost 16 and did not want my parents to know  ...

"My parents told me I had one option, abortion or get kicked out of the house and go to a shelter in the city.

So your examples are simply examples of parental intolerance.

Give the choice, without abortion available, your second example would have been kicked out on the street. Is that what you want for the young female populace of the USA?

Parental intolerance exists, correct. People pressure and threaten young women into abortions. It was not right that she was threatened with homelessness. She didn't really have the capacity to choose like the pro-choice narrative says she is given.

Quote from: AllAroundTheWorld
And you think the site you posted from is neutral?

The site successfully shows many examples of people who regret their abortions, and of many people who communicate feeling trauma. It is a fiction that it needs to be 'balanced out' with the opposite that you assume exists in abundance. You have yet to prove that women are not generally emotionally saddened and that they treat it as something akin to killing a spider or a meaningless 'clump of cells'. The NHS guide posted previously says that feeling sad is a common reaction to having an abortion.

Why are they only approving some? Where are all the positive stories, are you seriously saying those don't exist?

Where did I say that they didn't exist? Did I say that? No. Learn to read.

There are plenty of feminists on Reddit who will give positive abortion testimonials. However, their positive review will usually just say that it was the best situation for them, not that it was just a meaningless event like killing a spider. Even you know that it is not the same as killing a spider, despite your repeated use of "clump of cells".

You then go on to make a ridiculous false equivalence between killing your mother - someone you've had a lifelong emotional connection with - and a clump of cells which you do not

Where did I make that equivalency? I gave the example to show that just because you did something which you thought was the best thing to do in the situation that it doesn't mean that you did not suffer emotionally. The paper was claiming that if you say it was the right choice it means that you didn't suffer emotionally. That claim is wrong.

I don't think anyone is arguing that abortion is something one should take lightly.

Actually, we can all see that you are being hypocritical here since you were attempting to do just that. You were repeatedly attempting to trivialize it by calling it a "clump of cells".

You have no good rebuttals and are running on empty, which is why you are contradicting yourself and are attempting to make up fictitious arguments.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 01:07:42 PM by Tom Bishop »

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 12, 2022, 01:00:04 PM »
lol the majority of women do not have any regrets about their abortions and generally rarely think about them. https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/01/416421/five-years-after-abortion-nearly-all-women-say-it-was-right-decision-study
https://www.healthline.com/health-news/study-finds-99-of-women-say-they-do-not-regret-having-an-abortion

It is no surprise that women willing to murder their own children don't regret it. It's like asking if Jeffrey Dahmer regrets putting a drill through a man's head. The kind of woman who regrets such an act doesn't do it in the first place.

A much better study would be asking a sample of all women and men about abortion. After all, men can get pregnant too these days.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 01:02:12 PM by Rushy »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 12, 2022, 01:52:46 PM »
It is no surprise that women willing to murder their own children don't regret it.
Because they don't regard it as such.
Nor do you.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 12, 2022, 02:03:04 PM »
You were repeatedly attempting to trivialize it by calling it a "clump of cells".
I was simply dealing with the nonsense that abortion is the same as killing a living, breathing baby.
No-one believes that despite some of the trolls on here pretending to. It's notable that none of you have commented on the thought experiment, because you know it would expose you.
What point are you actually making here? That some women suffer trauma after an abortion? OK, granted. So?

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 12, 2022, 03:54:40 PM »
I've literally had an abortion and I never once regretted it and I rarely think about it. I did not suffer emotionally.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 04:15:47 PM by rooster »

Rama Set

« Reply #187 on: May 12, 2022, 04:16:56 PM »
I've literally had an abortion and I never once regretted it and I rarely think about it. I did not suffer emotionally.

By Rushy’s “rationale” you are literally a serial killer.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 12, 2022, 04:36:36 PM »
It is no surprise that women willing to murder their own children don't regret it.
Because they don't regard it as such.
Nor do you.

You don't actually believe what you just said.

Decades of propaganda will do that to a mind. I'm sure plenty of killers do so without remorse. Our military has a lot of them.

By Rushy’s “rationale” you are literally a serial killer.

A serial killer would be more than once.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 04:38:14 PM by Rushy »

Rama Set

« Reply #189 on: May 12, 2022, 04:47:58 PM »

So then a woman receiving an abortion can't be Jeffrey Dahmer.  I accept your retraction.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 12, 2022, 04:49:37 PM »

So then a woman receiving an abortion can't be Jeffrey Dahmer.  I accept your retraction.

Yes, everyone gets one murder. After that, it's not okay anymore. I'm still undecided on mine.

Rama Set

« Reply #191 on: May 12, 2022, 04:50:54 PM »

Yes, everyone gets one murder. After that, it's not okay anymore. I'm still undecided on mine.

This is a shocking turn around by you.  I am glad you were open to having your mind changed.

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 12, 2022, 04:51:34 PM »
This is a shocking turn around by you.  I am glad you were open to having your mind changed.

What can I say, I'm an open minded individual. Dahmer's victims were pretty open minded as well, but I don't think I want to go that far just yet.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 12, 2022, 04:59:17 PM »
Rushy is a sweetheart.

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 12, 2022, 05:08:32 PM »
Maybe just let women decide on it.

There's no way in hell we can let that happen.
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Fortuna

• View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 12, 2022, 05:15:54 PM »
After all, men can get pregnant too these days.

I'd completely forgotten about this. Yeah, I guess it's not a women only issue anymore.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 12, 2022, 05:41:17 PM »
It's honestly surprising the lack of imagination some men can have about going through a pregnancy. I was only 6 weeks in and I couldn't do or eat anything for about half the day every day because I was so floored by nausea. I'm even open to trying to have a kid in the near-ish future and everything about it is still terrifying. Talking to my friends/family who have had kids makes it even worse tbh because they don't have good stories to tell. Someone in my family recently had a hysterectomy because her bladder was prolapsed because her uterine walls were weaker since having kids, something that's fairly common but not talked about.

This country can't even mandate paid parental leave. Imagine going through an 18 hour labor, still needing an emergency c-section, and then having to go back to work asap because you can't afford not to but you also have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for child care. Oh but you're also going through horrible postpartum depression.

Overall, the average child care cost for one child in 2020 was $612/week for a nanny (up from $565/week in 2019), $340/week for a child care or day care center (up from $182/week) and $300/week for a family care center (up from $177/week).
https://www.care.com/c/how-much-does-child-care-cost/

Online Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 12, 2022, 07:31:54 PM »
Rushy is a sweetheart.

>:(

Also lads and lassies, do not worry:

Artificial wombs are the answer. Everyone wins.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 13, 2022, 02:59:57 PM »
A woman gets pregnant and aborts her unborn child to "do what was best for herself". This is considered acceptable.

A man learns that his girlfriend is pregnant and immediately abandons her and his unborn child to "do what was best for himself". This is considered unacceptable.

Why?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 13, 2022, 03:10:37 PM »
A man learns that his girlfriend is pregnant and immediately abandons her and his unborn child to "do what was best for himself". This is considered unacceptable.
Is the current legislation in the USA making it impossible for a boyfriend to abandon his pregnant girlfriend, or is there indication that SCOTUS plans to rule along those lines?
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume