Poll

What is the reason for the conspiracy to hide the Earth's Shape?

Moon Landing Hoax
2 (22.2%)
Potential Profits from Space Tourism
2 (22.2%)
Other (please specify)
5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: January 01, 2014, 07:32:37 PM

Motive Behind the Conspiracy
« on: December 02, 2013, 07:32:37 PM »
What do you guys suggest as the motive behind this conspiracy thing?

Saddam Hussein

Re: Motive Behind the Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 07:38:58 PM »
http://wiki.theflatearthsociety.sjm.so/index.php?title=FAQ#People_have_been_into_space._How_have_they_not_discovered_that_the_earth_is_flat

An embezzlement scheme, essentially.  Why bother spending the money on space exploration when you can spend less of the money on faking space exploration, and pocket the rest?

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 07:41:24 PM »
I voted other.  While the Moon Landing Hoax is a part of it, I think it has more to do with the powerful nations which were involved in the Cold War and the Space Race.  Their space programs didn't know at first that Earth was flat when they faked their missions.  Now they probably do know, but admitting to the series of hoaxes (including but not limited to the Moon Landing) would be a PR disaster.  Nations which developed space agencies after the Cold War have probably been secretly threatened by the powerful nations to keep quiet or face the consequences.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 07:43:44 PM by Alchemist21 »
I don't even care to find out what you're doing wrong, but I'm sure you're doing something wrong.

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 10:20:42 PM »
Well i myself do not beleive in the Conspiracey and beleive that NASA has simpeley been mistaken and fooled because they expect it to be round. However if the Conspiracey were real id think it would mainley have to do with the whole Space Race. JFK the Great promised that men would be put on the moon by the end of the sixtys (which they did but not the point) and so the US Goverment wouldve been all frantic to get them up there but couldnt so they faked it. And if the world discovered this the US would be left in complete shame and embaresment so they continue to send "bilion dolar" equipment to put away suspicions

But then again i dont actuley beleive in the Conspiracey but this would be my thoery
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 01:57:19 AM »
Yay, an alt pretending to be a RE angry noob.  This is so much better than the old site.

I don't know, the first one.  No wait; always go with b.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 02:40:30 AM »
The conspirators want to delude the world with all kinds of falsehood. They want people to be ignorant, as ignoramuses are more easily controlled.
God is real.

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 03:42:49 AM »
The conspirators want to delude the world with all kinds of falsehood. They want people to be ignorant, as ignoramuses are more easily controlled.

They don't need a conspiracy to do that.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2013, 05:29:23 AM »
The purpose of NASA has always been to foster America's militaristic dominance of space. Space agencies are super weapons, used to threaten other countries into submission.

Hmmm

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2017, 12:25:15 AM »
So you are trying to say that they are going through all these great lengths to keep this secret from everyone (with no discernible motive), but at the same time leaving us subliminal hints?

The motives are to
* exploit our godly potential: Imagine, that we could be for them as hardware for the voracious gamers.
* get the most juice of life, produce, by constantly stimulating us, as much negative energy(pain, anger, depression, sadness) as possible for infernal astral beings, which love consuming very much.
* always rule the world, without any possible rivals to take the authority over, avoiding karma and other dangerous for them "balancing" subsystems" by hiding things in plain sight(subliminal messages).
* have constant pleasure stimulation by playing with us as dolls from dangerous(warfare) to simple(family structure) games. To have pleasure from realization of their actions over us.
* To possibly study us as children study dead frogs in schools at lessons.
And it's not all!
* to least possibly eat our meat as a delicate meal, and drink our blood as juice. Although it's possible!

So "they" are, i think, combination of both malevolent(male+violent...) conscious intelligent aliens, not caring at all beings, who got into, less possibly some psychokinetically very advanced humans(like Gods in greek mythologies as literal humans/humanoids) and astral infernal beings.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:22:45 AM by Hmmm »

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2017, 04:22:39 AM »
http://wiki.theflatearthsociety.sjm.so/index.php?title=FAQ#People_have_been_into_space._How_have_they_not_discovered_that_the_earth_is_flat

An embezzlement scheme, essentially.  Why bother spending the money on space exploration when you can spend less of the money on faking space exploration, and pocket the rest?

Because if the government wanted to embezzle through a contractor, they'd just do it without all the attention-attracting fanfare. Why expose themselves to the risk?

Furthermore, NASA carefully documents everything it spends as a matter of public record. Since this involves military contractors in all 50 states, it's utterly laughable to suggest that the conspiracy is so vast as to involve everyone.

pegasus

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »

To provide justification to squirt whimsical nonsense and improbable denial scenarios that cannot handle the light of day to a handful of religilous underdeveloped flatters that think they are "debating, questioning and inquiring" when all they actually do is ridicule their very existence.

http://15130-presscdn-0-89.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/get-a-brain-morans.jpg

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2017, 06:55:18 PM »
The purpose of NASA has always been to foster America's militaristic dominance of space. Space agencies are super weapons, used to threaten other countries into submission.

Citation needed
Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?