Here is my artistic vision of the Earth, with Mercator projection turned off and actually useable: https://gamerforaliving.com/WORLDMAP9_EverythingON.jpg I never found one online so I drawed it myself. There are still some touch ups to do here and there, but there is the thing in progress. Note that on this picture I have all data layers turned ON, so it looks a bit chaotic.
-White lines: Major airlines routes.
-Black lines: Major ship routes (thicker means more strategic, not necessarily more traffic).
-Airports.
-Spaceports (including SpaceX).
-Light blue dots: Silver mines.
-Orange dots: Gold mines.
-Green dots: Titanium mines.
-Dark grey dots: Aluminium mines.
-Pink dots: Iron mines.
-Yellow dots: Copper mines.
-Blue dots: UK military bases.
-Red dots: USA military/installation bases.
-Yellow-green dots: Nuclear powerplants.

Next planned data layers: Touristic attractions, fisheries, volcanoes, underwater topology, tropics, longlat guides, the 7 Wonders, stars, most popular or strategic inventions, demography, religions, languages, and more. I am coding a web program that will allow to turn seperate layers ON/OFF. And a tabletop game.

Please become member of my Facebook group to receive development updates: https://www.facebook.com/groups/512546729987612

Don't hesitate to share the illustration. I think it is the most representative illustration. Routes make so much more sense on a flat earth model, and even more with Mercator projection turned off. It sincerly helped me understand so many things as I live in Quebec, Canada.

Let me know what you think. If you are Photoshop lovers and would wish to contribute creating new data layers, it would be very helpful.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 01:18:56 AM by mdionne »

Offline WTF_Seriously

• Nobody Important
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth illustration with Mercator projection turned off.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 02:36:14 PM »
That's actually a nice piece of work.  How do you account for the fact that the distance to drive a car from Los Angeles to Wilmington, NC is around 2600 miles and the distance to drive a car from Perth to Sydney is around 2500 miles yet on your map LA to Wilmington appears to be about 60% the distance?
Flat-Earthers seem to have a very low standard of evidence for what they want to believe but an impossibly high standard of evidence for what they don’t want to believe.

Lee McIntyre, Boston University

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 03:31:50 PM »
That's actually a nice piece of work.  How do you account for the fact [that I disagree with you!!!]
WTF_S, this is not how forum threads work. Stay on topic.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 04:14:12 PM »
Let me know what you think.
I think it's a fantastic piece of work as an artistic project, but am raising an eyebrow at
"Routes make so much more sense on a flat earth model, and even more with Mercator projection turned off."
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline scomato

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 08:55:13 PM »
I see that you've marked some of the Antarctic points of interest, like McMurdo and Casey Station. Where would you mark the Amundsen–Scott South Pole Station on your map?

To get there typically you'd fly from New Zealand, going from Christchurch -> McMurdo Station -> Amundsen-Scott.
https://www.christchurchairport.co.nz/about-us/who-we-are/gateway-to-antarctica/

However, there are also flights that go from Punta Arenas, Chile -> Union Glacier Camp -> Amundsen-Scott.
https://antarctic-logistics.com/trip/south-pole-flights/