Recent Posts

Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Cancel culture
« Last post by crutonius on Today at 09:17:34 PM »
Well. That list is bonkers. They seek parity funding and representation to anything they deem transphobic. Since transphobia was the norm yp until about ten years ago that's a lot of Trans TV shows.

I still genuinely wonder if most of these people have even seen this special. If the standard for what's considered harmful to trans people is this low then entertainers will most likely just never talk about them publicly. That sort of dehumanization seems to me like it would be harmful to that community.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Trump
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 06:13:07 PM »
Giving credence to Trump’s claims is about as dishonest an act as I could imagine in journalism.
« Last post by honk on Today at 05:08:50 PM »
It's been pretty well established by now that the claims of a rigged election are in fact baseless. Indulging false equivalencies or entertaining obvious lies as possibly being true is not good journalism.
« Last post by Roundy on Today at 02:18:33 PM »
When the basis for Trump's claims are more concrete than "But I wanted to win the election!"  please let us know. Until then saying that the claims were baseless is a statement of fact, not editorializing.
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Last post by Rushy on Today at 01:44:22 PM »
https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/578056-fully-vaccinated-definition-could-change-in

The CDC director has stated she might change what "fully vaccinated" means at some future point in time.

« Last post by MetaTron on Today at 01:44:15 PM »
I thought it was a news article not an editorial.
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 01:41:32 PM »
"The case was one that local and national Republican leaders touted last year as concrete evidence of voter fraud. Even before Election Day, then-president Donald Trump had already been pushing baseless claims that the election was rigged against him, something he would continue to do for nearly a year more."

I stopped reading once the editor starting adding his own personal beliefs..

Do you always stop reading when you encounter something you disagree with?
« Last post by MetaTron on Today at 01:24:42 PM »
"The case was one that local and national Republican leaders touted last year as concrete evidence of voter fraud. Even before Election Day, then-president Donald Trump had already been pushing baseless claims that the election was rigged against him, something he would continue to do for nearly a year more."

I stopped reading once the editor starting adding his own personal beliefs..
« Last post by Rama Set on Today at 11:13:16 AM »
Republican who was publicly outraged that some stole his dead wife’s vote is charged with being the thief:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/10/22/nevada-republican-who-claimed-someone-voted-his-dead-wife-is-charged-with-voter-fraud/?utm_source=reddit.com
Philosophy, Religion & Society / Re: Cancel culture
« Last post by Roundy on Today at 07:26:51 AM »
"Netflix Walkout Over Dave Chappelle’s ‘The Closer’ Reveals List Of Asks – Deadline" https://deadline.com/2021/10/dave-chappelle-netflix-walkout-rally-trans-staffers-list-of-asks-1234859014/#respond

The article, of course, takes the typical media slant that Dave is evil, Netflix out of touch, and these employees' demands aren't ridiculous fantasies. But look at the comments to see what people really think.