Ghost of V

Re: AWT-Evidence?
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2014, 05:47:30 PM »
Evidence for AWT is trickier.

Where is your evidence for the theory of gravity? Or dark matter? Black holes? Yes, I know you have math that (somehow) proves black holes, but have you ever seen one or felt its tremendous sucking force? Very doubtful. Do you honestly expect me to believe that space is some sort of elastic material that bends to mass? That's absurd. Modern RE views are full of fairy-tale-caliber science.

The fact is, Rounders cling to unproven science to prove their flimsy theories just as much as we do. It's just a matter of picking the theory that makes more sense, and yes... AWT makes more sense. How else would the Sun and Moon discs stay in position? What is causing the upward acceleration of the Earth? AWT answers a lot of these questions sufficiently to the point where it would be stupid to not trust it.
So just deflection and still no evidence. Expected. Can you even state in 100-200 words what AWT even is? Have you done the math to calculate how much energy AW must provide to keep the FE, sun, and moon all accelerated at g for billions of years? The amount is so great as to destroy all credibility of AWT, more than a centillion joules. Oh, and then you'd have to explain how the AW imparts that energy so efficiently as not to overheat the FE.

Have you ever heard of Clarke's three laws?

Rama Set

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 06:12:48 PM »

Where is your evidence for the theory of gravity? Or dark matter? Black holes? Yes, I know you have math that (somehow) proves black holes, but have you ever seen one or felt its tremendous sucking force? Very doubtful. Do you honestly expect me to believe that space is some sort of elastic material that bends to mass? That's absurd. Modern RE views are full of fairy-tale-caliber science.

The fact is, Rounders cling to unproven science to prove their flimsy theories just as much as we do. It's just a matter of picking the theory that makes more sense, and yes... AWT makes more sense. How else would the Sun and Moon discs stay in position? What is causing the upward acceleration of the Earth? AWT answers a lot of these questions sufficiently to the point where it would be stupid to not trust it.

Not sure why you have theory in italics, but this objection is a derailment from the point of the thread which is to discuss the evidence for AWT.  Can we keep to that please and thank you?

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 06:18:29 PM »
Any doubt that you were CT's alt just vanished.

I was thinking The Knowledge, but CET is a possibity as well.

Not Cat Earth Theory, ClockTower. He's trying to hard (and failing too hard) to be pedantic to be anyone else. CET and TK are a dime a dozen. True noobishness, like CT, is rare.

Can you even state in 100-200 words what AWT even is?

AWT is a theory that a superfluid substance known as Aether accelerates delicately through space. Furthermore, this substance's interaction with the plane of the earth causes several phenomena including gravitation and the Aetheric whirlpool. The whirlpool in turn causes several phenomena including night/day cycles, seasons, Auroras, eclipses, etc.

Have you done the math to calculate how much energy AW must provide to keep the FE, sun, and moon all accelerated at g for billions of years?

Yes. I'm researching the theoretical portions of the theory in my (rare) free time.

The amount is so great as to destroy all credibility of AWT, more than a centillion joules

Preliminary results suggest otherwise.

Oh, and then you'd have to explain how the AW imparts that energy so efficiently as not to overheat the FE.

Well, first of all most of the energy goes into acceleration. It is a fairly efficient process by virtue of the substance itself. One of the requirements of Aether is that it very easily and efficiently gain and lose energy. This is what I mean by 'delicate'. I've yet to come up with a better word for it.

In addition, the earth has several processes creating significant amounts of heat according to RET. The most notable are compaction and radiation. Preliminary results suggest that the heat imparted by Aether would logically be similar to the heat imparted by these RET phenomena.
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2014, 06:21:59 PM »

Not sure why you have theory in italics, but this objection is a derailment from the point of the thread which is to discuss the evidence for AWT.  Can we keep to that please and thank you?

Apologies. You're absolutely right.

Gulliver, if you'd like to discuss all of that further please make a new thread for it.

_______

So anyway, as I mentioned in that wall of text I just made my preliminary theoretical research into AWT shows results consistent with reality. It is, of course, unlikely that I'll be able to gain access to a Max Planck Institute to test the theory experimentally any time soon, but the theoretical research is promising.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »
The amount is so great as to destroy all credibility of AWT, more than a centillion joules
Preliminary results suggest otherwise.

Well, first of all most of the energy goes into acceleration. It is a fairly efficient process by virtue of the substance itself. One of the requirements of Aether is that it very easily and efficiently gain and lose energy. This is what I mean by 'delicate'. I've yet to come up with a better word for it.

In addition, the earth has several processes creating significant amounts of heat according to RET. The most notable are compaction and radiation. Preliminary results suggest that the heat imparted by Aether would logically be similar to the heat imparted by these RET phenomena.
So you solve the problem by fiat, again. I had hoped for more.
Please post your "preliminary results". I've already posted mine. I do recommend that you stay with SR, vice GR, formulation. You'll need to watch the tanh function's asymptote. You'll need high precision. I suggest Maple or Mathematica. For some help, see: http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=1592.msg30833#msg30833
Don't rely on FEers for history or physics.
[Hampton] never did [go to prison] and was never found guilty of libel.
The ISS doesn't accelerate.

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2014, 07:44:20 PM »
Please verify my interpretation of what you described as the aether of AWT.

The aether is a fluid.
The aether has mass.
The aether has momentum.
The aether is composed of atoms.
The aether accelerates the FE to g and has since the creation of the FE.
The aether imparts its momentum to the FE by its atoms colliding with the FE's atoms.
The aether also balances the gear-controlled, rotating stellar objects, including the sun, moon, planets, and stars--regardless of their position over the FE.
Something else accelerates, or has accelerated, the aether.

Thanks!

Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2014, 09:00:22 PM »

Apologies. You're absolutely right.

Gulliver, if you'd like to discuss all of that further please make a new thread for it.

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2014, 04:41:59 AM »

Um no. GR has had quite a few experimental verifications. To wit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tests_of_general_relativity

Please learn what theory means in science. It is not a guess, it as a model that has strong explicative power as well as predictive capability. GR explained the precession of the perihelion of Mercury's orbit. It then predicted gravitational lensing which was confirmed by the 1915 solar eclipse. Since then there have been many more experiments, listed in the wiki article above.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”  George Carlin

Offline jroa

• Kentucky Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 09:56:55 AM »
the·o·ry
ˈTHēərē,ˈTHi(ə)rē/
noun
noun: theory; plural noun: theories

a supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something, especially one based on general principles independent of the thing to be explained.
    "Darwin's theory of evolution"
    synonyms:   hypothesis, thesis, conjecture, supposition, speculation, postulation, postulate, proposition, premise, surmise, assumption, presupposition; More
    opinion, view, belief, contention
    "I reckon that confirms my theory"
    principles, ideas, concepts;
    philosophy, ideology, system of ideas, science
    "modern economic theory"
        a set of principles on which the practice of an activity is based.
        "a theory of education"
        an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action.
        "my theory would be that the place has been seriously mismanaged"

Rama Set

« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »
de·rail
dēˈrāl/
verb
obstruct (a process) by diverting it from its intended course.
"the plot is seen by some as an attempt to derail the negotiations"

Offline Gulliver

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2014, 02:28:56 PM »
Please learn what theory means in science.

Ghost of V

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2014, 05:47:00 PM »

Please learn what theory means in science. It is not a guess, it as a model that has strong explicative power as well as predictive capability. GR explained the precession of the perihelion of Mercury's orbit. It then predicted gravitational lensing which was confirmed by the 1915 solar eclipse. Since then there have been many more experiments, listed in the wiki article above.

You can't just change the definition of 'theory' on a whim like that, even if you throw the words "in science" after it.  Please see jroa's post if you're confused about what a theory is. And no, your head-canon on what theory means does not matter.

Rama Set

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2014, 06:03:48 PM »

You can't just change the definition of 'theory' on a whim like that, even if you throw the words "in science" after it.  Please see jroa's post if you're confused about what a theory is. And no, your head-canon on what theory means does not matter.

Different words have different meanings depending on the situation.  It is not changing the definition, it is providing context.

Regardless, if you do not have any evidence to provide for AWT, this conversation should likely go elsewhere.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2014, 07:05:54 PM »
You can't just change the definition of 'theory' on a whim like that, even if you throw the words "in science" after it.

The word "theory" has several definitions, depending on the context.  What makes you think that jroa provided the correct one in the context of this discussion?
theory
[thee-uh-ree, theer-ee] /ˈθi ə ri, ˈθɪər i/ IPA Syllables

noun, plural theories.
1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena:
Einstein's theory of relativity.
Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.

2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.
Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate.
Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.

3. Mathematics. a body of principles, theorems, or the like, belonging to one subject:
number theory.

4. the branch of a science or art that deals with its principles or methods, as distinguished from its practice:
music theory.

5. a particular conception or view of something to be done or of the method of doing it; a system of rules or principles:
conflicting theories of how children best learn to read.

6. contemplation or speculation:
the theory that there is life on other planets.

7. guess or conjecture:
My theory is that he never stops to think words have consequences.

Idioms
8. in theory, ideally; hypothetically:
In theory, mapping the human genome may lead to thousands of cures.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2014, 07:14:05 PM »
The word "theory" has several definitions, depending on the context.  What makes you think that jroa provided the correct one in the context of this discussion?

RET and the 'science' that has spawned from it fall into the second definition you listed:

2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact.

This is because your theory contains completely unconfirmed elements that have no real evidence supporting them. See: Dark matter, dark energy, quantum gravity, etc.

Rama Set

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2014, 07:30:28 PM »

RET and the 'science' that has spawned from it fall into the second definition you listed:

This is because your theory contains completely unconfirmed elements that have no real evidence supporting them. See: Dark matter, dark energy, quantum gravity, etc.

Incorrect.  Please stop derailing this thread.

Ghost of V

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2014, 07:32:50 PM »

Where is the evidence for dark matter?

Rama Set

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2014, 07:50:49 PM »

Where is the evidence for dark matter?

Please stop derailing this thread. 

Ghost of V

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2014, 08:01:51 PM »
Please answer the question.

Evidence for AWT has already been given to you to the best of our abilities. The evidence is just as good, if not better, than evidence for dark matter/energy. I am on topic, if you choose to interpret it another way then I'm sorry but that sounds like a personal problem.

Rama Set

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2014, 08:06:33 PM »
Please answer the question.

Evidence for AWT has already been given to you to the best of our abilities. The evidence is just as good, if not better, than evidence for dark matter/energy. I am on topic, if you choose to interpret it another way then I'm sorry but that sounds like a personal problem.

What does Dark Matter/Energy have to do with AWT?  Please link me to any post in this thread that contains evidence.  All I have received is a promise from Tausami to post something at a future date, which I will enjoy reading when he does.

If you wish to debate the evidence for Dark Matter/Dark Energy, then I would happily do so, in another thread.