Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
Why am I falsely accused of spreading lies?
« on: January 13, 2017, 01:19:51 AM »
In a post related to "Conspiracy" I included
Ski is pretty high in "The Flat Earth Society".

SexWarrior replied with this:

<< above quote >>
Please refrain from spreading lies. Ski is a member of another organisation, not this one. Thanks!
Now I do not like being falsely accused of lying (nor of "spreading lies")

I did not say "this one", I said "The Flat Earth Society" and Ski is a member of "The Flat Earth Society".

So, SexWarrior Stop making false accusations!

Look at how long each organisation has been in existence:

The Flat Earth Society (Flat Earth Society) The Flat Earth Society
Early members:
Daniel                    2005-02-14
John Davis            2006-12-06
Lord Wilmore     2006-04-16
Raa                       2006-10-07
Colonel Gaydafi 2007-02-26

So apparently "The Flat Earth Society (Flat Earth Society)" has been in operation for almost 12 years.

But,
The Flat Earth Society (TFES)
Early members:
Parsifal        2012-03-13
SexWarrior 2012-03-15
Snupes       2012-03-16
jroa             2013-08-30

so apparently "The Flat Earth Society (TFES)" has been in operation for less than 5 years.

Now, I am making no claims as to which is the better society, this on is "better" moderated, but has virtually no activity.
The other tends to be too much "Rafferty's rules" at times - but that has nothing to do with the case.

There seems no doubt that "The Flat Earth Society (theflatearthsociety.org)" has been in operation for much longer than "The Flat Earth Society (tfes.org)".
Hence would certainly seem to have the prior claim to the name "The Flat Earth Society".

All I claim is that I was perfectly correct in stating that "Ski is pretty high in 'The Flat Earth Society'", though on reflection I could have said, "in 'The other Flat Earth Society'".

But to be accused of "spreading lies" for that is going too far.
If you two Flat Earth Societies can't get on, nor even decide on unique names, don't take it out on me!
Stop being childish and sort it all out.

<< left out half topic! >>
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:23:03 AM by rabinoz »

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
Re: Why am I falsely accused of
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 01:22:36 AM »
I simply requested that you stop lying. If you didn't want to conflate the two groups, why didn't you just phrase it unambiguously?

I have no idea what you're trying to achieve through an S&C thread here. I broke no rules.

Now, I am making no claims as to which is the better society, this on is "better" moderated, but has virtually no activity.
See, here you go lying again. People don't talk to you because of they way you treat your fellow human being. That doesn't translate into "virtually no activity".

If you don't want to be accused of lying, just, y'know, refrain from lying.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:26:02 AM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
Re: Why am I falsely accused of spreading lies?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 01:27:49 AM »
Nobody has taken any moderation action against you. Someone merely replied to your post in a way you don't like. There's really nothing the forum administration can do about this (well, except moderate people's free speech, which I'm sure you understand would be counterproductive here).

I suggest growing a thicker skin.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol