Why?
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »
So the one question that i have not seen awnsered is WHY.

Why is it definitive the earth is flat  (if pictures, videos, large corporations (e.g. NASA, Space X, etc), and  people  (e.g. Elon Musk etc) dont count for a round earth they can't work for a flat one eather)

Why would the world keep it a secret  (I know this has come up before but if money was the primary factor it would be easier to say the earth is flat and save yourself the cost of keeping it secret. You could horde a lot more money that way.)

And Why is the scientific method discounted for proving things if some of its major parts are experimenting and recording the OBSERVATIONS of that experiment and then explaining how you achieved that for other people to test and make sure it works elsewhere.
Wisdom is not acquired save as the Result of Investigation
-Sara Teasdal

Offline KevAmiga

• Round and round we go.
    • View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 08:36:19 PM »
"Why would the world keep it a secret"

"They" couldn't even if they wanted to. There would be no point, financially or otherwise to make something like FE up.. its just a small group of people who are arguing the point.

I cant help thinking that, there's someone who started this whole FE thing who is now laughing at all of this, OR everyone who uses their eyes, sees the RE and post's here is being laughed at by the FE gang... one or the other is true, i'm just trying to figure out which :)

Offline Scroogie

• View Profile
Re: Why?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2018, 01:01:17 AM »
So the one question that i have not seen awnsered is WHY.

And Why is the scientific method discounted for proving things if some of its major parts are experimenting and recording the OBSERVATIONS of that experiment and then explaining how you achieved that for other people to test and make sure it works elsewhere.

The scientific method, and science in general, is only discounted when it counters FE beliefs. Any branch of science or any scientific theory which an FEer feels can be used to bolster their theory will be adopted. For example, many FEers are greatly enamoured with the general theory of relativity as they feel it tends to substantiate their wacky universal acceleration theory. This juxtaposition of science and wackiness is included somewhere in the TFES Wiki.

Let us not forget - all fields of science are interrelated. Each field is not necessarily directly related to each of the other fields, but the whole is interrelated. One simply cannot correctly discount a field they find philosophically objectionable while adopting another they find agreeable. It simply don't work that way. The creationists have tried that; for all I know they still are, to no effect, and certainly to no useful benefit to mankind.

Meanwhile our friends the FEers must reject cosmology, astrophysics, many earth sciences, optics, probably plate tectonics and more, while the religious fundamentalists in the group must also reject evolution, archaeology, paleontology, and biology, at a minimum.

Here's an interesting paradox which fundamentalist FEers have found themselves in. I no longer pay any attention to creationist claptrap, but at one time (and possibly still to this day) creationists adopted the second law of thermodynamics as being supportive of their beliefs. At the same time, another aspect of thermodynamics completely destroys an FE belief in the manner in which the atmosphere is contained on the flat earth, preventing it from simply flowing off the edges of the earth and into space. The old bromide "You can't have one without the other." seems appropriate here.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 01:34:36 AM by Scroogie »