Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Distance Experiment Idea?
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2017, 06:55:18 PM »
From our experience, its when the results do not agree with your model, you stop posting about it.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2017, 07:01:54 PM »
From our experience, its when the results do not agree with your model, you stop posting about it.
Yeah - that's been my experience here too.  As soon as I find evidence that contradicts the Flat Earth model - all of the FE'ers stop posting to that thread.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2017, 07:12:44 PM »
Yeah - that's been my experience here too.  As soon as I find evidence that contradicts the Flat Earth model - all of the FE'ers stop posting to that thread.

You guys don't post evidence. Just look at all of the requests for sun observation data you have been unable to provide, despite that we are being constantly told that such data is mountainous. Even in this thread the "evidence" that was posted was just a flight prediction, not a log, which was supposed to combat a map which does not exist. You guys aren't doing a very good job.

« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2017, 12:25:24 PM »

You guys don't post evidence. Just look at all of the requests for sun observation data you have been unable to provide, despite that we are being constantly told that such data is mountainous. Even in this thread the "evidence" that was posted was just a flight prediction, not a log, which was supposed to combat a map which does not exist. You guys aren't doing a very good job.
If 'evidence' was provided to you, what would you do with it?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2017, 03:34:06 PM »
You just fell short of saying that you'd accept this as evidence.

Will you accept such a demonstration as "proof" - if you will, then I'll do the work.   If you won't, then it's a waste of my time.

* I pick four cities.
* I find widely published flight times and distances between them.
* I construct a quadrilateral from those distances.
* I calculate whether the diagonals "fit" to within a reasonable degree of error.

If they do, then I'd be forced to admit that the earth was flat.

If they do not - then you'd be forced to admit that it's not.

So...what's your answer - would you accept this methodology?

I would recommend flight logs from actual flights. Flight time predictions will vary and major airliners have reported that 25% of flights are delayed. Choose locations that do not use jetstreams. I look forward to your findings, as most of us here do not hold that the airlines are involved in any sort of conspiracy.

Acceptance will depend on how thorough and transparent your investigation is. Some may have questions. I would suggest providing links to all sources and showing all math.

Here is one thats in the air now.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LAN801

This one is against the jet stream.  Try to comment Tom.

LAN Airlines 801
LAN801 / LA801
EN ROUTE AND ON TIME
Arriving in 1 hour 21 minutes
SCL
SANTIAGO, CHILE
AKL
AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND
took off from
Comodoro Arturo Merino Benitez Int'l - SCL
arriving at  TERMINAL I
Auckland - AKL
TUESDAY 01-AUG-2017
12:06AM -04
(on time)
WEDNESDAY 02-AUG-2017
04:53AM NZST

Do you have a citation for this sweeping generalisation?

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2017, 03:37:55 PM »

No, what I posted was an actual flight in the air at the time I posted.  This from a totally reliable source that I use when I fly and when I am meeting someone at an airport.  Please provide a flat earth map that shows a possible flight from Santiago Chile to Auckland New Zealand that takes 12:47 and flies 6005 miles.  You are the self-proclaimed expert here.  Help us out.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/LAN801

Offline TomInAustin

• Round Duh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2017, 03:40:35 PM »

Please prove you don't do the same thing by replying to my PROOF of actual flights in the air as I posted.  See above.

Offline Smokified

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2017, 02:39:32 AM »

Uhm....actually these guys post a lot of evidence.  You just either choose not to respond or to deflect the conversation into something completely irrelevant. There is also the fact that you simply refuse to acknowledge any data that clearly proves your silly little fake world wrong.

You can use the satellite images and the scale provided by Google Earth, and then travel those distances to verify the accuracy.  Pretty simple. 

The reason a map of the flat earth doesn't exist is because the earth is not flat.  Also very simple.