Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Was the sandy hook shooting a hoax
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 11:39:58 AM »
A more believable conspiracy is the gun manufacturers/stock holders are bribing, drugging, blackmailing, or doing something to cause people to flip out.  The result being a surge of gun purchases every time a mass shooting occurs.

Keep'em scared, keep'em armed, keep yourself rich.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 12:48:04 PM »
Then let me be clear - the scepticism I hold for the idea that SH was a hoax? Take that and multiply it by however many massacres you think are included in this increasingly bizarre conspiracy.
Well, that's a bit circular. You don't think Sandy Hook was staged because of other shootings. You don't think other shootings have been staged because of other other shootings. It seems to me that you'd be a very confused man if you ever entered a theatre.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
You're right. You win. Well done...

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 05:01:27 PM »
It's hard to lose when your opponent is an actual straw man. Unless you're a crow.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is round. Prove I'm wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2018, 06:51:16 AM »
To be honest, I used to believe Sandy Hook was a conspiracy too. Until I looked at counter arguments and took a six month course on police procedures.
Isaiah 40:22 "It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth"

Scripture, science, facts, stats, and logic is how I argue

Evolutionism is a religion. Can dumb luck create a smart brain?

Please PM me to explain sunsets.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2018, 11:35:52 AM »
To be honest, I used to believe Sandy Hook was a conspiracy too. Until I looked at counter arguments and took a six month course on police procedures.

Yes, the first step in questioning any conspiracy is to actually listen to the people telling you it's a conspiracy.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

JohnAdams1145

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2018, 10:36:21 AM »
Yeah there were far too many witnesses at the Las Vegas shooting for them to all be involved in the conspiracy. Clearly mass shootings do take place.

What happened to being a good Zetetic? What's the simplest explanation here?

Offline Skeptic

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2018, 09:15:54 AM »
Grief is a very simple process that everybody experiences in exactly the same way.

Wrong. I speak from experience. I'm autistic and don't experience emotions the same way as most do at all, because my brain is damaged. I've lost both my grandparents and two best friends; never felt any denial over it, because there was no denying that it happened. I didn't feel angry, because there wasn't anyone to be angry at. I didn't try bargaining, because I knew they were never coming back, so there'd be no point to bargaining with anyone for them to come back from the dead. I didn't feel depressed, because I knew they were going to die sooner or later. People die all the time. The only stage of "grief" I felt was Acceptance, because life is busy, I have things to do, and that's all I could do. Move on. Some called me a monster for my reaction (or lack thereof, rather). That just made me feel Confused, because clearly I'm a human being.

I just don't experience emotions the same way other people do, and my face just has a flat-affect to it just about 24/7. I don't understand a lot of things people seem to take for granted. Jokes, sarcasm, metaphores, social niceties and norms, et cetera. They all just kind of go over my head.

I'd even propose that nobody experiences emotions the exact same way as the next person. People are different from one another. There's no two exactly alike because we all have different experiences in life, so we're all wired differently to one degree or another, some moreso than others. I recall a saying that goes something like "You have to laugh to keep from crying." Not quite sure what that means, but I think I've witnessed it a couple times. I remember finding it really weird.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2018, 10:18:40 AM »
Grief is a very simple process that everybody experiences in exactly the same way.

Wrong. I speak from experience. I'm autistic and don't experience emotions the same way as most do at all, because my brain is damaged. I've lost both my grandparents and two best friends; never felt any denial over it, because there was no denying that it happened. I didn't feel angry, because there wasn't anyone to be angry at. I didn't try bargaining, because I knew they were never coming back, so there'd be no point to bargaining with anyone for them to come back from the dead. I didn't feel depressed, because I knew they were going to die sooner or later. People die all the time. The only stage of "grief" I felt was Acceptance, because life is busy, I have things to do, and that's all I could do. Move on. Some called me a monster for my reaction (or lack thereof, rather). That just made me feel Confused, because clearly I'm a human being.

I just don't experience emotions the same way other people do, and my face just has a flat-affect to it just about 24/7. I don't understand a lot of things people seem to take for granted. Jokes, sarcasm, metaphores, social niceties and norms, et cetera. They all just kind of go over my head.

I'd even propose that nobody experiences emotions the exact same way as the next person. People are different from one another. There's no two exactly alike because we all have different experiences in life, so we're all wired differently to one degree or another, some moreso than others. I recall a saying that goes something like "You have to laugh to keep from crying." Not quite sure what that means, but I think I've witnessed it a couple times. I remember finding it really weird.

He was being sarcastic.

Offline Skeptic

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2018, 08:21:35 PM »

He was being sarcastic.

Oh...my bad.

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2018, 12:30:32 AM »
I'm little surprised you all think that Obama and the DNC faked sandy hook. There is a lot of evidence that sandy hook was real but it was an Illuminati cover up. That's why so much evidence is on lockdown or has vanished. That is why you cant find footage. The parents of one of the victims have suspected ties to the Illuminati. The Illuminati will shoot your kid in their own school, cover it up, and make the world argue over whether it is fake or not. They are the ultimate puppet masters. wake up everyone, we've been asking the wrong questions

Offline Dither

• The night above the dingle starry,
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2018, 07:06:54 AM »
Just an honest appraisal here, but I really dislike the person I become, when I set out to decide wether or not the lastest mass shooting is a random act by a lone nutter, or a false flag designed for who knows what purpose. Its just too upsetting and there's way too many of these events happening at the moment so I've switched off and ostriched the last few. (Head in the sand, na na na na na)
A lie will make it around the world before the truth has time to put on its shoes.