Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1120 on: August 04, 2016, 05:44:41 PM »
Looks like America wants a criminal for president.

What crime was she charged with? ???
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: August 04, 2016, 07:10:22 PM »

You don't need to have been charged with a crime in order to be a criminal.
The Mastery.

Rama Set

« Reply #1123 on: August 04, 2016, 10:49:45 PM »

[/quote
Oh no!  She must have committed a crime. Which one?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: August 05, 2016, 01:32:18 AM »

Well, I know that I live in the greatest country in the world and you don't, but over here we have this nifty rule that someone is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: August 05, 2016, 02:09:18 AM »
If a you steal something without getting caught and charged with the crime, you're still a criminal.
The Mastery.

Rama Set

« Reply #1126 on: August 05, 2016, 02:22:43 AM »
If a you steal something without getting caught and charged with the crime, you're still a criminal.

Oh cool, what did she steal? Your trust?

Offline Roundy

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 05, 2016, 05:34:42 AM »
Maybe it's his heart.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 05, 2016, 09:21:16 AM »

I never said she stole anything. I was just trying to demonstrate that it's possible for a person to have commited crimes without having been charged with one.
The Mastery.

Rama Set

« Reply #1131 on: August 05, 2016, 11:33:25 AM »

I never said she stole anything. I was just trying to demonstrate that it's possible for a person to have commited crimes without having been charged with one.

So why is she a criminal?

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 05, 2016, 01:43:52 PM »
Did CTR infiltrate FES as well? Hillary's law-breaking is not up to question, as per FBI's own findings and Comey's admission. She's violated, at the very least, the following statutes:

18 USC §793
18 USC §1924
18 USC §798
18 USC §2071

Rama Set

« Reply #1133 on: August 05, 2016, 02:44:34 PM »
Did CTR infiltrate FES as well? Hillary's law-breaking is not up to question, as per FBI's own findings and Comey's admission. She's violated, at the very least, the following statutes:

18 USC §793
18 USC §1924
18 USC §798
18 USC §2071

The same FBI found no criminality to her behavior.  If anyone can say she is not a criminal it is them.  I don't agree with her behavior, but these are the official findings.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 05, 2016, 02:48:53 PM »
It is not the FBI's job to tell prosecutors whether they should or should not prosecute someone. The fact that they did only suggests that they might be interested in covering her ass. It is not an indication of anything good, by any measure.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 05, 2016, 03:10:54 PM »

18 USC §793
18 USC §1924
18 USC §798
18 USC §2071

The same FBI found no criminality to her behavior.  If anyone can say she is not a criminal it is them.  I don't agree with her behavior, but these are the official findings.
Didn't they simply say that they didn't recommend filing charges?  Not the same as saying there's no criminality, just that there isn't any point in filing charges.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #1136 on: August 05, 2016, 04:25:15 PM »
It is not the FBI's job to tell prosecutors whether they should or should not prosecute someone. The fact that they did only suggests that they might be interested in covering her ass. It is not an indication of anything good, by any measure.

The FBI did not tell the DoJ to do anything.  A recommendation is something different, and it is not uncommon for the law enforcement to provide feedback in these cases.

Didn't they simply say that they didn't recommend filing charges?  Not the same as saying there's no criminality, just that there isn't any point in filing charges.

They also said that cases similar to hers usually were not prosecuted because, "All the cases prosecuted involved some combination of: clearly intentional and willful mishandling of classified information; or vast quantities of materials exposed in such a way as to support an inference of intentional misconduct; or indications of disloyalty to the United States; or efforts to obstruct justice. We do not see those things here." (https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system)

To me it appears that she was careless, and that she should have taken greater care, but considering the recommendations of the FBI, the rationale given for the recommendation and the lack of charges brought against her, to call her a criminal is assuming quite a lot and is an opinion rather than any sort of substantial fact.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 05, 2016, 04:51:28 PM »
to call her a criminal is assuming quite a lot and is an opinion rather than any sort of substantial fact.
Well, yes, she's never gonna get prosecuted because she's Hillary Clinton and the USA is an oligarchy (I mean that quite literally, too). Opinions are all we'll ever get on this matter, unless Berniebots/BLM/Alex Jones unite and start a revolution to overthrow the system.

I would also argue that saying "no reasonable prosecutor would do <x>" is a bit more than a recommendation. Obviously it's not a command or anything of the sort, but it's an inappropriately strong statement coming from someone who was in no position to make it.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 04:56:10 PM by SexWarrior »
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Rama Set

« Reply #1138 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:43 AM »
I wonder if the sexual assault lawsuit against Trump is going to gain any traction in the media.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 07, 2016, 10:20:59 AM »
So Julian Assange spoke to the Green Party last night.

Nothing interesting or new, despite rumors to the contrary.