Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 US Presidential Race
« Reply #1100 on: August 02, 2016, 07:41:17 AM »
Ultimately, I can see what point he might have been trying to make, he just didn't make it very well. I think pretending he didn't go any way to making a point at all is intellectually dishonest. But hey, that's how the left operates in 2016.

>mfw making fun of a thing is being an intellectually dishonest leftist

I can't tell if this weird alt-right movement/meme now has literally everyone memeing dead-serious demeanours and the forgoing of humour and hyperbole while spouting ironic generalizations, if it's not memeing, or if it's always been this way and I just haven't noticed.

For clarity: I don't actually think he literally said what I wrote down, I actually modified his answers for the sake of comedy. Regardless, I find the actual exchange pretty dayum funny.

I'm probably taking this far too personally, but I wouldn't be bothered at all if it weren't for the "intellectual dishonesty" bit and the bizarrely condescending blanket-statement of "but o well that's just how this group i've (seemingly) lumped you in with works". Maybe I didn't make it clear I was going for humour (I thought it was obvious but hey I'm socially retarded), but (seemingly) assuming malicious intent is annoying.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Rama Set

« Reply #1101 on: August 02, 2016, 12:23:53 PM »
Well no one has called Trump Hitler, but he has now literally called Hillary the devil. #MAGA

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: August 02, 2016, 03:34:06 PM »
Well no one has called Trump Hitler

No offense but I don't think that's true.............................................................

Rama Set

« Reply #1103 on: August 02, 2016, 05:22:59 PM »
Well no one has called Trump Hitler

No offense but I don't think that's true.............................................................
...........................oh.................has anyone in the Clinton campaign?

George

« Reply #1104 on: August 02, 2016, 10:52:13 PM »
Hillary drew a thinly-veiled parallel between them a year ago by saying that Trump wanted to round up illegal immigrants and put them in boxcars to take them out of the country.

In other news, Trump has made a new enemy.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: August 03, 2016, 01:33:09 AM »
Do you have proof of this rather bold claim that every foreign power could see it?

And why would Russia admit to breaking international law?

Russia invaded and annexed a portion of a neighboring country. I really doubt they care about releasing hacked emails in regards to international law.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: August 03, 2016, 05:13:39 AM »
Do you have proof of this rather bold claim that every foreign power could see it?

And why would Russia admit to breaking international law?

Russia invaded and annexed a portion of a neighboring country. I really doubt they care about releasing hacked emails in regards to international law.
And note the number of fucks America gave.

Now imagine how President Tump (or even candidate Trump) would feel if Russia hacked his e-mail?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1107 on: August 03, 2016, 09:48:38 AM »

The market performance in the three months leading up to a Presidential Election has displayed an uncanny ability to forecast who will win the White Houseā€¦the incumbent party or the challenger. Since 1928, there have been 22 Presidential Elections. In 14 of them, the S&P 500 climbed during the three months preceding election day. The incumbent President or party won in 12 of those 14 instances. However, in 7 of the 8 elections where the S&P 500 fell over that three month period, the incumbent party lost.

There are only three exceptions to this correlation: 1956, 1968, and 1980. Statistically, the market has an 86.4% success rate in forecasting the election.

« Reply #1108 on: August 03, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »
The astute reader must have noticed the link posted in one of my earlier messages:

http://thesaker.is/inside-the-secret-super-majority-that-decide-election-2016-war-with-russia/

This explains why there was an exception in 1980.

It is this super majority block of voters that will decide the outcome of this election again, especially if the S&P performs poorly until October.

Unless... the GOP decides to speed things up:

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/08/03/panic-stricken-gop-bosses-exploring-trump-exit-strategy/

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: August 03, 2016, 03:31:28 PM »
The astute reader must have noticed the link posted in one of my earlier messages:

http://thesaker.is/inside-the-secret-super-majority-that-decide-election-2016-war-with-russia/

This explains why there was an exception in 1980.

It is this super majority block of voters that will decide the outcome of this election again, especially if the S&P performs poorly until October.

Unless... the GOP decides to speed things up:

http://www.redstate.com/sweetie15/2016/08/03/panic-stricken-gop-bosses-exploring-trump-exit-strategy/
Those who wanted it tried and failed.

Therefore, the GOP will move forward.  Yes they're probably panicking because of all the political no-nos Donald is throwing out but since that's how he got the votes in the first place, they should just let it go, let him yell and scream and speak down on whoever he wants.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

« Reply #1110 on: August 03, 2016, 06:38:42 PM »
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/03/developing.-donald-trump-campaign-freefall.-gop-leaders-planning-trump-exit-video/

An exit would mean that the nomination would go to the second place candidate, and not the VP (it is of interest to note that not only Cruz already picked a VP, the only other candidate to do so, but also failed to endorse Trump).

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: August 03, 2016, 06:41:08 PM »
http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/08/03/developing.-donald-trump-campaign-freefall.-gop-leaders-planning-trump-exit-video/

An exit would mean that the nomination would go to the second place candidate, and not the VP (it is of interest to note that not only Cruz already picked a VP, the only other candidate to do so, but also failed to endorse Trump).
You'll forgive me if I don't trust what looks like a blog.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-allies-plot-candidate-intervention-after-disastrous-48-hours-n622216

THAT, however, is a reliable (ish) news site.

Fuck... what has Trump been doing cause I haven't seen much aside from insulting the father of a fallen soldier and not understanding the first amendment.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:44:25 PM by Lord Dave »

George

« Reply #1112 on: August 03, 2016, 07:21:37 PM »
He also did this.

« Reply #1113 on: August 03, 2016, 08:10:39 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: August 03, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »
He also did this.
Wow...

I heard about the baby too.  Well... anyone else wanna troll Trump Support here?

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: August 04, 2016, 03:26:09 PM »
Looks like America wants a criminal for president.
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: August 04, 2016, 03:29:19 PM »
Looks like America wants a criminal for president.
America thinks all politicians are criminals.

They'd just rather have someone who isn't an asshole to random people too.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: August 04, 2016, 03:36:43 PM »
>voting for criminals
The Mastery.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: August 04, 2016, 03:49:57 PM »
>voting for criminals
It's the American Way.