Offline Action80

• View Profile
Re: $$$ inflation $$$ Say it ain't so Joe
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2022, 05:19:36 PM »
The US produces their own funds. You know that right? Please tell me you know that.

Please explain how the US "produces their own funds".

You fucking dolt, they have a mint.

I don't see the relevance and I look forward to bringing "produces their own funds" to its logical conclusion where you realize that the US government cannot do that.

Let's use something simple: a gold coin. Say the US government wants to mint a gold coin. Where does it get the gold?

It’s a complete mystery. No one knows how to acquire gold. I hope you figure it out.
Everyone knows how to acquire gold.

So do you.

So, where do you get your gold, if you were to want some?

If everyone knows, why don’t we just move on to the next part of the discussion?
Okay, the next part of the discussion is how you obtain it.

They are not giving it away, to my knowledge.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2022, 05:38:23 PM »

How does one obtain anything that is not given away?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Rama Set

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2022, 05:50:48 PM »
The US produces their own funds. You know that right? Please tell me you know that.

I don't see the relevance and I look forward to bringing "produces their own funds" to its logical conclusion where you realize that the US government cannot do that.

Let's use something simple: a gold coin. Say the US government wants to mint a gold coin. Where does it get the gold?

It’s a complete mystery. No one knows how to acquire gold. I hope you figure it out.
Everyone knows how to acquire gold.

So do you.

So, where do you get your gold, if you were to want some?

If everyone knows, why don’t we just move on to the next part of the discussion?

It’s truly a mystery. Best of luck figuring out this most enigmatic of problems.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2022, 05:56:29 PM »
It’s truly a mystery. Best of luck figuring out this most enigmatic of problems.
I have it figured out.

You exchange something of equal value.

Given the US is not currently holding anything of real value, they go deeper into debt (aka unfunded liability).

This leads back to the first post you made.

Just utter BS to believe a nation-state can exist with unfunded liability.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2022, 06:06:02 PM »

Going to take this as a sign that you figured out saying the US "produces their own funds" is complete nonsense...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 06:08:54 PM by Rushy »

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2022, 06:13:11 PM »
Going to take this as a sign that you figured out saying the US "produces their own funds" is complete nonsense...

Rama Set

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2022, 10:20:46 PM »

Mints don’t make mints as you well know. The US, if it needs cash can literally print it.

Rama Set

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2022, 10:24:11 PM »

Given the US is not currently holding anything of real value, they go deeper into debt (aka unfunded liability).

You’ve written a lot of stupid things and this is one of them. How you can think the US holds nothing of value is comepletely beyond me.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2022, 10:29:14 PM »
Mints don’t make mints as you well know. The US, if it needs cash can literally print it.

Oh geez, they can just invent funds out of thin air! Wow! Better tell the US treasury that. No one needs bonds anymore, you just print money!

Seriously, is this your understanding of economics and currency systems? Do you actually, genuinely believe that the method by which the US government acquires and expends wealth is by printing money? Do you think that other world governments do that as well? That is not how that works, that's not how any of this works...

I'm going to try this simplification process again: what entity is responsible for generating the money supply in the US? (Hint: it isn't the government)

Edit: actually, I'm tired of this weird meme of you pretending to not know what I'm getting at. If you genuinely do not know the basics of money supply economics, visit here: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/081415/understanding-how-federal-reserve-creates-money.asp
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 10:31:15 PM by Rushy »

Rama Set

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2022, 11:56:14 PM »
I understand that they can just print money and if push comes to shove they can just do that to pay a debt. Lots of countries have done it and it’s ended terribly every time.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2022, 12:11:19 AM »
I understand that they can just print money and if push comes to shove they can just do that to pay a debt. Lots of countries have done it and it’s ended terribly every time.

Except they can't (in other words, you still don't understand it!). Governments don't have control over the printing of money (despite owning the printers themselves). This is for the obvious reason that a government alone cannot be trusted with the management of money supply.

Money itself is not wealth, but a very liquid representation of it. A government cannot pay off its debts with its own currency by printing more of it (as this fundamentally makes no sense and you already know it). Every time the Fed injects more cash, the nominal debt of the US government increases. The debt would always be higher than the amount of cash injected to pay it off and therefore you can never do so, nor has it ever been done that way in history.

Please read more of my link and, I don't know, read a book about monetary policy maybe? Understanding the basics of how modern financial systems work should really be required education but somehow it always falls through the gaps. Probably because a great many people benefit by ensuring you understand as little about the financial system as possible.

Rama Set

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2022, 12:24:28 AM »
You pointed me to a bunch of policies and procedures none of which prohibited the proscribed action and then somehow decided being a smug prick was the best way to frame it. Enough internet for me today.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2022, 12:43:38 AM »
You pointed me to a bunch of policies and procedures none of which prohibited the proscribed action and then somehow decided being a smug prick was the best way to frame it. Enough internet for me today.

How else should I react to you relishing in your own ignorance? It's like you actively enjoy knowing as little as possible about the subject then declaring the government can do something they cannot do at all. It's clear you didn't even bother reading the very basic introduction to money supply generation that I linked for you!

Good god, man, at least pretend you're embarrassed and you'll learn more about it. Stop doubling down on MAGA-tier "hurr durr government print money!" economics.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2022, 01:35:16 AM »
I wasn't expecting this tonight but here it comes. British Pound take a dooozey of a hit. Dollar might see 130-140 before this is all over?
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2022, 01:40:25 AM »
Rama, the dollar is NOT anything but a private banks fiat currency. They are called the Federal Reserve Bank.

"The Federal Reserve Cartel – Eight Families own the USA #BIS, IMF, World Bank"

"They are the Goldman Sachs, Rockefellers, Lehmans and Kuhn Loebs of New York; the Rothschilds of Paris and London;

the Warburgs of Hamburg; the Lazards of Paris; and the Israel Moses Seifs of Rome."

https://hannenabintuherland.com/usa/the-federal-reserve-cartel-the-eight-families-who-own-usa-dean-henderson-herlandreport/

If you don't own some Gold/Silver/Food/Guns&Ammo  you're going to get an ass whooping.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2022, 03:40:13 AM »
Rama, the dollar is NOT anything but a private banks fiat currency. They are called the Federal Reserve Bank.

What's the difference between $ and BTC?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2022, 02:09:50 PM »

Okay, this isn't true, either. The Federal Reserve is not a private bank. It's an independent board organized by the government that interacts with private member banks.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 02:15:36 PM by Rushy »

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2022, 05:30:44 PM »
Rushy forgot to even look at a bill "Federal Reserve Note", u own nothing, it's temporarily being lent to u.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2022, 07:57:07 PM »

You’ve written a lot of stupid things and this is one of them. How you can think the US holds nothing of value is comepletely beyond me.
Do you own anything that is currently in hock?

The US owns nothing currently, including land. It is all in hock.

You should have saved your nonsensical post to begin with.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2022, 07:58:20 PM »

Okay, this isn't true, either. The Federal Reserve is not a private bank. It's an independent board organized by the government that interacts with private member banks.
Wrong, real wrong.

The Fed is a totally private banking institution that allows the government to appoint members to its board. Seven board members or governors for 12 independent regions.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2022, 08:07:03 PM by Action80 »