Offline Tau

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Magistrum Fallaciae
    • View Profile
Flat Earth Society Honorifics
« on: September 08, 2014, 05:56:32 PM »
Would anyone else be interested in these? Specifically I'm thinking of an Honorary Doctorate to be bestowed by the society upon any member who significantly advances Flat Earth Theory (i.e. if John Davis ever published his book and it was as significant as he claims it is). If it were to happen the Zetetic Council would be in charge of it.

I'm also thinking of something analogous to a peerage for someone who does something significant for FES outside of FET.

Is this a good idea? A terrible idea?
That's how far the horizon is, not how far you can see.

Read the FAQ: http://wiki.tfes.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Rama Set

Re: Flat Earth Society Honorifics
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:07:42 PM »
Would anyone else be interested in these? Specifically I'm thinking of an Honorary Doctorate to be bestowed by the society upon any member who significantly advances Flat Earth Theory (i.e. if John Davis ever published his book and it was as significant as he claims it is). If it were to happen the Zetetic Council would be in charge of it.

I'm also thinking of something analogous to a peerage for someone who does something significant for FES outside of FET.

It is a good idea in that it is nice to recognize the work of your peers.  I would call it something else though, since bestowing an honorary degree usually implies you are an accredited educational institution.  It comes off as presumptuous in that light.  I would think of something along the lines of The Order of Rowbotham, or somesuch.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 09:39:33 AM »
I like the idea.

Offline Hoppy

• Posts 6892
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:51:00 PM »
God is real.

Rama Set

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 04:25:44 PM »

Thork

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »
I will expect mine in the post. That is all.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 03:34:11 PM »
Can I get one for The Book?

Offline Excelsior John

• Excelsior! Flat Earth FTW!
    • View Profile
    • Excelsior! Flat Earth
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »

Grete idea!!! And I wuld be honered to be in it!  :) !
Viva la FES!
Quote from: Yaakov ben Avraham link=https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=59968.msg1544396#msg1544396
Excelsior:...You are clearly a reasonable and intelligent person.