Offline Iceman

• where there's smoke there's wires
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2021, 02:09:49 AM »
I just think it's refreshing having a president that isn't obsessed with his own celebrity.

Definitely true, but we need to start comparing Biden to an actual president. Improving the vaccine acquisition and rollout has been impressive but hes got a lot of work to do.

Anyone who's evaluating Biden on live stream numbers and not a measure of tangible results is missing the point by a wide margin...

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2021, 03:38:19 AM »
In that same event Biden forgot the name of his Secretary of Defense, standing right behind him. He called him 'General', stumbled for his name, came up empty and said:

"The guy who runs that outfit over there."

At least Catturd is capable of being honest with us.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 06:07:35 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2021, 06:44:05 AM »
In that same event Biden .... stumbled for his name, came up empty and said:

Honestly, all you folks seem to do is come up, second-hand, with stuff that DJT already does or did....

Do we need to mention....  "Rudy? Where's Rudy?" (He was right in front of DJT, opposite him at the table)

EDIT - I missed the one where DJT confused 9/11 with Seven Eleven -

"“I was down there, and I watched our police and our firemen, down on 7-Eleven, down at the World Trade Center, right after it came down. And I saw the greatest people I’ve ever seen in action.” April 18, 2016, speech in Buffalo, New York, misidentifying the 9/11 attacks."

There's more;

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/trump-biggest-fatal-gaffes-mistakes-offensive-214289/

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 07:54:16 AM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 09, 2021, 06:54:02 AM »
Have you read transcripts of Trump speeches? If you were less biased you’d see them for the rambling nonsense they are.
The standards you judge people by vary greatly depending on whether you like them and their policies or not.
To give an illustration you may understand, you repeatedly point out the splinter in Biden’s eye having spent the last 4 years ignoring the log in Trump’s.

From an outside point of view, Trump was a complete embarrassment to the US. The rest of the world have spent 4 years laughing at you, the UN literally and openly laughed at Trump when he started spouting his bullshit there. It might play well with MAGA idiots, it didn’t work so well with serious people.

The world is mostly relieved that we now have a grown up in the White House again.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 09, 2021, 11:43:26 AM »
Tom can only project Trump's flaws onto Biden. 
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2021, 08:21:30 PM »
By arguing "but Trump" you are telling us that you believe that Biden is as embarrassing like you believe Trump was. You are saying that Joe Biden is an embarrassment. What kind of defense is that, to argue on the position that Joe Biden is an embarrassing president? Biden is embarrassing independent of anyone and anything else in the world.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2021, 08:36:54 PM »
By arguing "but Trump" you are telling us that you believe that Biden is as embarrassing like you believe Trump was
No. Because I don’t believe that someone stumbling over words is in itself embarrassing.

What I’m saying, as I’m sure you understand, is that you constantly apply completely different standards to people depending on whether you like them or their policies.

Trump was an embarrassment not just because of the rambling speeches, but because of the constant lies and the way he conducted himself. The infamous hurricane incident is an example. Trump Tweeted that it was going to hit Texas. The weather service quickly corrected that. Instead of admitting his mistake, like a grown up would have, he appears in the Oval Office with a map showing the cone - which didn’t include Texas - and Texas added in sharpie. I mean, come on! This is not the action of a well man.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 09, 2021, 09:29:54 PM »
Biden is not Trump. That is like arguing that is okay for someone to commit murder because you think, rightly or wrongly, that another person committed murder. That is not a valid justification. Anyone who commits murder is still a murderer and Biden is still an embarrassment.

Rama Set

« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2021, 09:36:42 PM »
Biden is not Trump. That is like arguing that is okay for someone to commit murder because you think, rightly or wrongly, that another person committed murder. That is not a valid justification. Anyone who commits murder is still a murderer and Biden is still an embarrassment.

“Biden is an embarrassment because I said so”

Another vapid argument from Tom.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2021, 09:40:25 PM »
By arguing "but Trump" you are telling us that you believe that Biden is as embarrassing like you believe Trump was.

Not what is being argued at all. Nobody is accepting that Biden is as bad as Trump, but I/we are stating that you are trying to imbibe Biden with qualities and acts that Trump has already shown in abundance. That is not acceptance of Biden showing those qualities, that is criticism of you for trying to make the equivalence.

EDIT - Trump surpasses (trumps?) Biden a hundred-fold in the 'national embarassment' stakes, even though I can't see what embarassment we can attribute to Biden.  This is especially apparent to those outwith the USA, in all manner of ways;

the false claim of his inaugural crowd size,
the whiny drone of his malformed run-on sentences,
his ongoing obsession with low-flow toilets and other bathroom fittings,
his callous disregard for human life,
the nepotistic appointment of unqualified daughter and son-in-law to positions within the WH,
the blatant lack of desire to actually carry out the job he was elected to (evidenced, amongst other things, by 300+ days of his term spent at his own golf clubs, mostly on the course), and
his near-total disappearance from public view and presidential activity once he had been voted out.....
etc
etc
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 09:56:03 PM by Tumeni »

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2021, 09:53:33 PM »
By arguing "but Trump" you are telling us that you believe that Biden is as embarrassing like you believe Trump was.

Not what is being argued at all. Nobody is accepting that Biden is as bad as Trump, but I/we are stating that you are trying to imbibe Biden with qualities and acts that Trump has already shown in abundance. That is not acceptance of Biden showing those qualities, that is criticism of you for trying to make the equivalence.

The subject of this thread is not Trump. The subject of this thread is Joe Biden. He's an embarrassment. Trying to talk about other people does nothing to take away from Joe Biden's embarrassing behavior.

Are you next going to justify your pedophile prince with the same tactic?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 09:55:18 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2021, 09:54:36 PM »
Are you going next going justify your pedophile prince with the same tactic?
Without a conviction, that's just libel.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2021, 10:01:39 PM »
The subject of this thread is not Trump. The subject of this thread is Joe Biden.

... in which your misplaced accusations against him are being rebutted, a rebuttal which may involve discussion of the previous incumbents' behaviour by point of comparison.

Happy to pick this up in the Trump thread if mods want to move the posts there. I'm easy-going that way.

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #113 on: March 09, 2021, 10:46:29 PM »

The subject of this thread is not Trump. The subject of this thread is Joe Biden. He's an embarrassment. Trying to talk about other people does nothing to take away from Joe Biden's embarrassing behavior.

It’s pretty shallow to consider a confusion in speech as making someone an embarrassment. Very glad I’ve left middle school behavior like that behind.

Are you next going to justify your pedophile prince with the same tactic?

Well that was an awkward pivot.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2021, 09:43:02 AM »
Biden is still an embarrassment.
This is subjective. All you're doing is stating something as an objective fact when it's simply a subjective opinion.

Personally, I find him much less of an embarrassment than the previous president.
It seems many people agree with me. Biden's approval rating is higher than Trump's ever was:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/biden-approval-rating/

And Biden is preferred outside the US in multiple countries:

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/global-views-us-presidential-election

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2021, 10:24:44 AM »
Biden was criticised in the run-up to the election for being 'Sleepy Joe', 'in his basement' and such;

Now in office, his absence from the golf course is actively saving the American taxpayer thousands of dollars each weekend. 

This is not embarassing, this is praiseworthy

Nearly?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2021, 12:12:12 PM »
I just think it's refreshing having a president that isn't obsessed with his own celebrity.
Since when?
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2021, 12:14:47 PM »

Biden is an embarrassment, regardless of what Tom states.

The mental degenerate cannot even hold a news conference.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2021, 12:25:54 PM »

Biden is an embarrassment, regardless of what Tom states.

The mental degenerate cannot even hold a news conference.

You know he has been doing Q&As with press regularly?  He just hasn't done it in the WH press room.  Did you know that?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2021, 12:37:55 PM »
Biden is an embarrassment, regardless of what Tom states. The mental degenerate cannot even hold a news conference.

In these times, that is not an embarassment, it's a praiseworthy act. Safety first.

For a "mental degenerate", he performed rather well straight out of the blocks, with a full programme on inauguration day, and not much slacking since.

Nearly?