Offline dbamember

• it ain't over 'till it's over...
    • View Profile
shoemaker-levi question.
« on: July 13, 2020, 11:38:01 PM »
A lot of folk here scoff at gravitation, orbital mechanics, and the like. The earth is covered by a dome, a few hundred
miles up, the planets and sun and moon aren't that far away, etc. I was thinking about when the Shoemaker- Levi comet crashed into
Jupiter a few decades ago. We literally watched in telescopes as Jupiter's gravity tore apart the comet and swallowed it. We were able to predict
the orbit, and the impact. Thousands of people all over the world watched and recorded the event with powerful telescopes.
Now, if a telescope in Australia and a telescope in Chile both record the same images, with no parallax difference (Hubble did the same).
this is a rather definitive proof that this object (Jupiter) is very, very far away. How does FES theory cope with that?
Please don't skirt the issue by sending me links that explain nothing- tell me in your own words how it works. Orbital mechanics can predict the orbit and
behavior of any visible object in the night sky, anywhere in the solar system. How does FES even compete with that?

Re: shoemaker-levi question.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2020, 05:28:14 AM »
That’s not how it works around here. You have to prove these observations were made, in the manner you describe, and that no CGI or skullduggery is involved. Good luck with that, you’ll find the bar fairly high.
Once again - you assume that the centre of the video is the centre of the camera's frame. We know that this isn't the case.

Offline GreatATuin

• It's turtles all the way down
    • View Profile
Re: shoemaker-levi question.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 08:34:28 AM »
You might want to check this thread on the same subject: https://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=16272.0

(and a moderator will probably scold you for not searching by yourself first)
Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

you guys just read what you want to read