Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #5820 on: June 25, 2020, 06:42:47 AM »
Stop being so f*cking selfish about it.

Give me and a bunch of countries billions of dollars for our tech

Nobody said what's in the second quote. Why are you quoting yourself, as though someone else said this?
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5821 on: June 25, 2020, 06:43:40 AM »
"If ever there was a reason to improve the country's educational systems ..."

https://imgur.com/gallery/nODjPzR

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5822 on: June 25, 2020, 09:03:08 AM »
Had you lived here you would know that the the democratic party was the majority for a long time and infests all levels of government, corporations, and society and directly relates to Trump's rebellious movement. "I don't like the swamp" is a valid answer.
It is a valid answer and maybe this is where me not being American doesn't help. Maybe I don't understand what "the swamp" is, I thought he was talking about corruption - putting his relatives in senior posts and sacking anyone who doesn't agree with him doesn't shout "swamp draining" to me. His pledge to do that was one of his catch phrases, you said that you liked that about him and yes, that is valid thing to like but you can't just like him saying it, he's president 4 years, has he done it? If so, how?

You also say that leaving the Paris Climate agreement was good for America, but bad for everyone else. Why should America do something that's not in its self interest?

It's good for America's economy in the short term. It's bad for the whole world in the longer term. And this may be a surprise to most Americans but the US is in the world, it doesn't exist in isolation. Now, the US could say "Why should we bother doing anything while China and India are pumping out pollution and greenhouse gases like there's no tomorrow". Fair point, but it's a bit like saying "why should we not drop litter outside our house when all our neighbours are dropping litter outside theirs? The obvious answer being litter is a bad thing which affects everyone, it blows around so even if you're not dropping any there will still be some outside your house and if you do your bit then there's still less litter overall.
Now. If Trump had said that the Paris agreement was a bad one for the US and he thought there was a better way of the US getting their house in order and encouraging other countries to do the same then I'd have had some sympathy with that. But he didn't. He's a climate change denier who sees no reason to do anything, especially if the anything will affect the economy. He's an old, rich man, even if he's wrong about climate change (spoiler: he is) it won't affect him, so sod everyone else. And it's rich of you to speak of "selfish foreigners" when your and your president's attitude is the epitome of selfishness. And, again, the reason people who aren't in the US take an interest in US politics is that the US is a big and powerful country, things that happen there affect the rest of the world.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

totallackey

« Reply #5823 on: June 25, 2020, 09:53:11 AM »
You also say that leaving the Paris Climate agreement was good for America, but bad for everyone else. Why should America do something that's not in its self interest?

It's bad for the whole world in the longer term.
What evidence do you have of this?
And this may be a surprise to most Americans but the US is in the world, it doesn't exist in isolation. Now, the US could say "Why should we bother doing anything while China and India are pumping out pollution and greenhouse gases like there's no tomorrow". Fair point, but it's a bit like saying "why should we not drop litter outside our house when all our neighbours are dropping litter outside theirs?
The United States has the cleanest industrial technology in the world, by far.

Offline ChrisTP

• View Profile
« Reply #5824 on: June 25, 2020, 10:21:00 AM »
Tom is wrong most of the time. Hardly big news, don't you think?

totallackey

« Reply #5825 on: June 25, 2020, 10:43:16 AM »
The internet is a marvelous thing.

I suggest you use it.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5826 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:43 AM »

The internet is a marvellous thing. I suggest ....

Nearly?

totallackey

« Reply #5827 on: June 25, 2020, 11:11:48 AM »

The internet is a marvellous thing. I suggest ....
Let me know when the internet offers spot on predictions of the future.

It is marvelous for current events and history, but predicting "the longer term," seems to be a failing of current computer technology and humans in general.

Wouldn't you agree?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 11:31:18 AM by totallackey »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5828 on: June 25, 2020, 11:14:11 AM »

Umm... I AM an American.

Could have fooled me.
Apparently I did, despite you having known of for 10 years.  Perhaps you need to lurk more?  Or perhaps your assumed knowledge is flawed?  Or maybe you're easily fooled.  Either way: you need to check your facts.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5829 on: June 25, 2020, 10:34:58 PM »
.@realDonaldTrump to @seanhannity on monuments:

“Every night we’re going to get tougher and tougher, and at some point there is going to be retribution because there has to be. These people are vandals, but they’re agitators, but they’re really, they’re terrorists in a sense.”

Nearly?

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5830 on: June 26, 2020, 02:04:07 AM »
It's good for America's economy in the short term. It's bad for the whole world in the longer term. And this may be a surprise to most Americans but the US is in the world, it doesn't exist in isolation.
I can't agree more with the sentiment that not enough people in this country pay attention to our environmental/ecological impact on the world. It's truly sad. I wish I could do more on this subject, to educate people around me that this is a dire threat to the survival of the entire world!

This is the main issue that I have with Donald J. - mother-f'ing- Trump . If he could make some positive change for the environment, I could overlook a lot of other issues I have with the guy.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:06:54 AM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5831 on: June 26, 2020, 09:52:31 AM »
Tangentially related to the POTUS, but... on their way to their virtual town hall, Hannity boarded Marine One before Trump, and saluted the guard as he boarded.

Maybe there's some obscure protocol being followed, but  ... he's not in the military, he's not their superior, he holds no position of authority over them, so ... should they have saluted him at all? I'm not clear on who saluted first, whether he was returning their salute, or he was returning theirs, but am I the only one to find this inappropriate?

From the twitterverse;

"Hannity does not warrant being rendered a salute, but the Marines may be following protocol.  Not sure.  However, Hannity has no business returning a salute.   Especially having NEVER served.  Somebody who better knows WH protocol should weigh in."

"Are the Marines saluting Sean Hannity?",
"That seems inappropriate but I don’t know what the protocol is supposed to be here", and
"Worse, he apparently saluted them back. (And he’s never served)"

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5832 on: June 26, 2020, 12:00:12 PM »
In the midst of a global pandemic, with the presidential election months away, the Justice Dept has asked the Supreme Court to invalidate the Affordable Care Act.

What fresh madness is this?

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #5833 on: June 26, 2020, 01:55:00 PM »
In the midst of a global pandemic, with the presidential election months away, the Justice Dept has asked the Supreme Court to invalidate the Affordable Care Act.

What fresh madness is this?

Unsurprising madness.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #5834 on: June 26, 2020, 02:44:32 PM »
Trump seems to be doing everything he can to make sure as many people as possible die from COVID-19 before he leaves office. Just consider:

--He is convincing people not to wear masks at a time when his own health experts and everyone else in the world says they're essential to slowing the spread of the virus;

--He's pushing for reopening at a time when we're seeing our worst surge in cases yet;

--He's holding superspreader events with thousands of people crammed into a small space, in places where the virus is hitting worst;

--He wants there to be less testing, despite his own health experts and everyone else in the world saying that adequate testing is essential to slowing the spread of the virus.

Once you recognize that Trump is trying to murder the American people with the coronavirus, his repealing of an act that provides coverage to many Americans who need it during the worst health crisis of our lifetimes suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Who knows what his motivation is? Revenge against a populace who refused to universally embrace and love him? Some kind of Lex Luthor-like supervillain complex? The ol' Rick Sanchez explanation: he just does it because he can? Who knows? But his actions are making one thing very clear: he wants record numbers of the American people to die this year, and is doing everything in his power to make that happen.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 02:46:47 PM by Roundy »
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5835 on: June 26, 2020, 03:01:04 PM »
Trump seems to be doing everything he can to make sure as many people as possible die from COVID-19 before he leaves office. Just consider:

--He is convincing people not to wear masks at a time when his own health experts and everyone else in the world says they're essential to slowing the spread of the virus;

--He's pushing for reopening at a time when we're seeing our worst surge in cases yet;

--He's holding superspreader events with thousands of people crammed into a small space, in places where the virus is hitting worst;

--He wants there to be less testing, despite his own health experts and everyone else in the world saying that adequate testing is essential to slowing the spread of the virus.

Once you recognize that Trump is trying to murder the American people with the coronavirus, his repealing of an act that provides coverage to many Americans who need it during the worst health crisis of our lifetimes suddenly makes a lot of sense.

Who knows what his motivation is? Revenge against a populace who refused to universally embrace and love him? Some kind of Lex Luthor-like supervillain complex? The ol' Rick Sanchez explanation: he just does it because he can? Who knows? But his actions are making one thing very clear: he wants record numbers of the American people to die this year, and is doing everything in his power to make that happen.

He's just trying to weed out the dems, cuz the rona only kills dems - obviously.

Edit:

OMG... the arguments from these morons who want to be free and it's their right to not wear a mask.... it's embarrassing.  Completely incoherent arguments about wearing a mask is "the devils law", "it makes you sick", "it's dogma"..... *major eye roll*

and these are the people voting for number 45.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 03:06:14 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: June 27, 2020, 10:43:56 AM »
... and these are the people voting for number 45.

In the early days of his presidency, I saw him often abbreviated to P45.

In the UK, a P45 is a standard form, issued to an employee for tax and record purposes when they leave their employer ...

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: June 28, 2020, 03:27:06 PM »
Golfing two days running for P45, total of six rounds this month, despite all that's going on in the country...

Nearly?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: June 28, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »
Golfing two days running for P45, total of six rounds this month, despite all that's going on in the country...

Better golfing than leading.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y