Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: The US Northeast is Too White
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2018, 11:38:16 PM »
What do they have to offer us now? Not what did they have 2000 years ago.
Oil.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2018, 01:35:16 AM »
Oil.
They aren't bringing that over here with them.

Its clear they offer nothing to our society when they arrive. Thank you for confirming this with your complete incompetence.
Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2018, 01:45:27 AM »
Oil.

Its clear they offer nothing to our society when they arrive. Thank you for confirming this with your complete incompetence.

Thork, you know better than to make personal attacks up here. Don't do it again.

« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2018, 01:59:14 AM »

MM years ago*

10/10

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2018, 02:01:03 AM »
Oil.

Thork, you know better than to make personal attacks up here. Don't do it again.

???

Markjo has not been reading the replies. He keeps saying the same things disregarding the responses. The whole point is a superior nation invading brings tech and other benefits. And he keeps waffling on about things that happened 2000 years ago ... like that's some benefit ... or oil ... they don't bring that with them, do they?

If someone is incapable of doing something, does that make them competent? You can't slander someone with the truth. He's incapable of following a thread.  >:(

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2018, 02:08:22 AM »
Oil.

???

Markjo has not been reading the replies. He keeps saying the same things disregarding the responses. The whole point is a superior nation invading brings tech and other benefits. And he keeps waffling on about things that happened 2000 years ago ... like that's some benefit ... or oil ... they don't bring that with them, do they?

If someone is incapable of doing something, does that make them competent? You can't slander someone with the truth. He's incapable of following a thread.  >:(

If you want to rant about how people are incompetent, you have to do it in the designated ranting forum. If you want to question my warning, you have to do it in the designated complaining forum. I mean the Suggestions & Concerns forum. Anyway, the point is that you're walking on thin ice here, Thork. If you really want Markjo to stop, then just block him or something. It's a forum. You don't have to respond to his posts if you think they're not worthy of your great unfathomable intellect.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2018, 02:35:55 AM »
Oil.

So the Romans invading 2000 years ago is relevant but the Arabs reeducating Europe 1000 years ago isn't?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2018, 04:59:54 AM »
Oil.

So the Romans invading 2000 years ago is relevant but the Arabs reeducating Europe 1000 years ago isn't?

Yes, because he's making an argument for the benefits of conquest. The Romans, British, etc. brought certain innovations with them when they conquered. If we didn't already have Arabic numerals or the scientific discoveries the Arabs made during the Middle Ages, then you could make a case for Arab conquest, but we do, so they no longer get to use that as an incentive, so to speak. Like, this whole discussion is ridiculous, and there's obviously a lot that Thork doesn't understand about how immigration and demographic shifts work, but he's been pretty clear about this point, and you'd have to just be skimming his posts to still not understand his logic.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline timterroo

• domo arigato gozaimashita
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2018, 02:14:56 AM »
Umm... where did I say that racism wasn't about race? Where can you actually pull that quote from?

Racism is fueled by culture and society more so than biology.

It's impossible for "racism" to involve something that isn't inherently biological. Racism is only, exclusively, about race, which means it only involves biology. No culture or society involved. You don't become a different race by moving to a different country.

Therefore, saying "racism is fueled by culture and society" makes no sense, and simply stems from a complete misunderstanding of what race is.

This picture (and caption) really says it all..... Race is about much more than simple biology. We don't classify "race" based solely on biology, as this picture demonstrates, that would be impossible. Culture defines race much more so than biology. In fact, in Africa, someone who is African American, would be considered "white". In America, they are considered "black". Is that not interesting?

Edit by Rushy: don't attach enormous images without making them smaller.

Edit by timterroo: At least let it be large enough to read it....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 12:20:19 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2018, 03:50:49 AM »
This picture (and caption) really says it all..... Race is about much more than simple biology. We don't classify "race" based solely on biology, as this picture demonstrates, that would be impossible. Culture defines race much more so than biology. In fact, in Africa, someone who is African American, would be considered "white". In America, they are considered "black". Is that not interesting?

Over a month and you still don't understand what race is. Incredible. In fact, you seem to even think "African American" is a race! The absolute state of American education.

Also, in the future, add width=200 to your images. I don't care to have my entire screen space taken up by a single page of a book you've completely misunderstood.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2018, 12:15:08 PM »

Over a month and you still don't understand what race is. Incredible. In fact, you seem to even think "African American" is a race! The absolute state of American education.

Also, in the future, add width=200 to your images. I don't care to have my entire screen space taken up by a single page of a book you've completely misunderstood.

Your ignorance is astounding and your stubbornness is closing off your mind ... did you even read the text? Do you even care? Now that you have shrunk the image, you cannot read it so good job silencing free thought. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

BTW: I don't have a problem understanding race, it is you who seem to not understand. Or you are just trying to argue for the sake of argument, but if that's the case, at least come back with an argument....

Your narrow view of race might have been ok during the hunter gatherer days when there weren't billions of people interbreeding with each other, but within the past few centuries, that view has been upgraded to account for a vast expanse of cultural variation. Race as we know it is based mostly on culture, and racism itself has fueled a mindset of segregation which causes people like yourself to think very ethnocentricly.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 02:31:39 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2018, 09:18:46 PM »
Your ignorance is astounding and your stubbornness is closing off your mind ... did you even read the text? Do you even care? Now that you have shrunk the image, you cannot read it so good job silencing free thought. Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Your understanding of race is apparently as good as your understanding of how this website works. Anyone can click the image to see the full size at any time, it's not permanently shrunken to its visible size. I'm sure this is hard for you to imagine, but the convenience of other users should come before your own post. No one should have to deal with an enormous image taking up their browser space.

BTW: I don't have a problem understanding race, it is you who seem to not understand. Or you are just trying to argue for the sake of argument, but if that's the case, at least come back with an argument....

Actually, you seem to still think race and ethnicity are the same thing, hence why you mentioned the phrase "African American" despite that not actually being a race.

Your narrow view of race might have been ok during the hunter gatherer days when there weren't billions of people interbreeding with each other, but within the past few centuries, that view has been upgraded to account for a vast expanse of cultural variation. Race as we know it is based mostly on culture, and racism itself has fueled a mindset of segregation which causes people like yourself to think very ethnocentricly.

Again, I'm not the one who said "African American", so I think my view of race is much broader and actually much more knowledgeable than yours is. At what point, I wonder, will your delusion of being more educated than everyone else here fade away. Probably around the same time you actually graduate from an institution of higher education, I would bet. This is just as bad as the time you insisted that you understood math more than anyone here but couldn't remember what a derivative is.

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2018, 07:28:21 AM »
Umm... where did I say that racism wasn't about race? Where can you actually pull that quote from?

It's impossible for "racism" to involve something that isn't inherently biological. Racism is only, exclusively, about race, which means it only involves biology. No culture or society involved. You don't become a different race by moving to a different country.

Therefore, saying "racism is fueled by culture and society" makes no sense, and simply stems from a complete misunderstanding of what race is.

This picture (and caption) really says it all..... Race is about much more than simple biology.

Lol no it's only biology. In animals we refer to "races" as subspecies. We don't with humans because people get offended although we fit all the criteria.

Different cultures, sure.

« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2018, 07:31:14 AM »
"Society made is different."

"No, God made us different."

Second time posting this today, sorry.

God-bless you Ali.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2018, 02:13:23 PM »

This picture (and caption) really says it all..... Race is about much more than simple biology.

Lol no it's only biology. In animals we refer to "races" as subspecies. We don't with humans because people get offended although we fit all the criteria.

Different cultures, sure.

Gentlemen, I know this is difficult to understand given that you have been taught your whole lives that race is a categorization of an individual's biology; however, this understanding is narrow and archaic. This is also why you are participating in this forum, is it not? - To expand your view and think outside the indoctrination you were born into?

Since the expansion of transportation, humans have been able to travel, change cultures, create new societies, and breed with these other cultures and societies. Someone who is considered "white" in one culture, may be considered "black" in another culture. Someone who is considered "Mongoloid" in Europe, might not be considered "Mongoloid" in China. Hence society classifies people arbitrarily based on an ethnocentric understanding of their world - based on society and culture, not biology.

Here are the traditional "races" that I'm assuming you are referring to:

Caucasoid (White) race.
    Negroid (Black) race.
    Capoid (Bushmen/Hottentots) race.
    Mongoloid (Oriental/ Amerindian) race.
    Australoid (Australian Aborigine and Papuan) race.

Let's assume these are solely based on biology.

Now, an African male and European female meet and have a baby. What "race" is this baby? Are they caucasoid? Negroid? Well, that depends if you are in Europe or if you are in Africa. The 'race' of this baby is now based on where that individual lives - what society and culture they belong to. If we assume race is based solely on biology, we now have a discrepancy - A person's biology does not change, yet somehow their race does?

If race were based solely on biology, this would not and should not be possible. I guess there must be other factors that go into a person's race other than biology.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:18:21 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2018, 03:27:16 PM »
Gentlemen, I know this is difficult to understand given that you have been taught your whole lives that race is a categorization of an individual's biology; however, this understanding is narrow and archaic. This is also why you are participating in this forum, is it not? - To expand your view and think outside the indoctrination you were born into?

Since the expansion of transportation, humans have been able to travel, change cultures, create new societies, and breed with these other cultures and societies. Someone who is considered "white" in one culture, may be considered "black" in another culture. Someone who is considered "Mongoloid" in Europe, might not be considered "Mongoloid" in China. Hence society classifies people arbitrarily based on an ethnocentric understanding of their world - based on society and culture, not biology.

Here are the traditional "races" that I'm assuming you are referring to:

Caucasoid (White) race.
    Negroid (Black) race.
    Capoid (Bushmen/Hottentots) race.
    Mongoloid (Oriental/ Amerindian) race.
    Australoid (Australian Aborigine and Papuan) race.

Let's assume these are solely based on biology.

Now, an African male and European female meet and have a baby. What "race" is this baby? Are they caucasoid? Negroid? Well, that depends if you are in Europe or if you are in Africa. The 'race' of this baby is now based on where that individual lives - what society and culture they belong to. If we assume race is based solely on biology, we now have a discrepancy - A person's biology does not change, yet somehow their race does?

If race were based solely on biology, this would not and should not be possible. I guess there must be other factors that go into a person's race other than biology.

The correct racial classification for a person who had one black parent and one white is a Mulatto. Simply saying "I don't know what this race is and therefore you don't either" once again shows how ignorant you are. You literally, LITERALLY have unlimited access to the shared compendium of humanity's knowledge and apparently you haven't figured out how to use it yet.

However, personally, I go by the one-drop rule. If you drop a piece of mud into pure water it becomes muddy water, regardless of how much or how little mud you've stirred into it.

Offline timterroo

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2018, 03:54:42 PM »

The correct racial classification for a person who had one black parent and one white is a Mulatto. Simply saying "I don't know what this race is and therefore you don't either" once again shows how ignorant you are. You literally, LITERALLY have unlimited access to the shared compendium of humanity's knowledge and apparently you haven't figured out how to use it yet.

However, personally, I go by the one-drop rule. If you drop a piece of mud into pure water it becomes muddy water, regardless of how much or how little mud you've stirred into it.

There you go again, putting words into my mouth.

I simply said that a person's classification can change depending on where they live, which makes the term (and concept of) race arbitrary, and dependent on society and culture.

You can try to classify all white/black mixed people as "mulatto" if you like, but I assure you there will be trouble - for instance, what do you call someone who has African, European, and Chinese heritage? Or someone with latino, European and African decent? How about a mix of all the so-called races? What are they called?

You also did not answer my question:

If someone's race can change depending where they live, how is it solely based on biology when biology does not change?

Keep strawmanning me all you like, but it only further demonstrates your inability to look outside your indoctrinated view of the world.

P.S. - My ability to google "race" has nothing to do with this discussion. Please try to stay on topic.

P.P.S. -

Congratulations, you have unwittingly demonstrated the social ambiguity of racial classifications. You "personally" view someone who is black/white mix as black. This isn't how every society or individual classifies a black/white person.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 04:07:27 PM by timterroo »
"noche te ipsum"

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2018, 04:15:16 PM »
If someone's race can change depending where they live, how is it solely based on biology when biology does not change?

The name for their biology can change, their biology cannot. You can't swap from white to black just by moving to another country. You can't become another race merely by traveling.

Congratulations, you have unwittingly demonstrated the social ambiguity of racial classifications. You "personally" view someone who is black/white mix as black. This isn't how every society or individual classifies a black/white person.

I never once claimed race was objectively agreed upon. The only thing I ever said was race was biological and you kept trying to say it isn't.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2018, 05:30:13 PM »
Race isn't really a thing. You don't get races of dog. You get breeds because they are bred. You don't get races of deer, you get species. You don't get races of anything ... accept people. Which shows it's made up political lingo to avoid calling it what it is.

In taxonomic rank the lowest order is species.

However we are a bit closer to each other than some other species. Turns out there is a rank below species.
Quote from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subspecies
In zoology, under the International Code of Zoological Nomenclature, the subspecies is the only taxonomic rank below that of species that can receive a name.

There is no such thing as race in classification. But, calling people a sub-species makes them sound inferior because we used the prefix 'sub', meaning under or less.

And that would never do in a happy clappy Marxist utopia. So we have this made up word 'race'. Which means shit all to anyone ... and deliberately so.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2018, 06:08:36 PM »
You don't get races of anything ... accept people.

I think if we could just accept people like you suggest, then this thread wouldn't need to exist. Excellent point, Baby Thork.