How do you guys explain the global positioning system.
« on: February 21, 2018, 06:52:09 PM »
See, you guys believe we live under a dome. If we did, it would be impossible to have satellites. The GPS is made up of satellites that use data to find your position on the globe. Therefore, it would not be possible on a flat earth.

Offline Buran

• View Profile
Re: How do you guys explain the global positioning system.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 08:16:23 PM »
See, you guys believe we live under a dome. If we did, it would be impossible to have satellites. The GPS is made up of satellites that use data to find your position on the globe. Therefore, it would not be possible on a flat earth.

Read the wiki and use the search function. This has literally been discussed dozens of times.

Satellites are fake and other methods are used is the general explanation.
Nicole, show me schematics for "Flat Earth."

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:19:52 PM »

Read the wiki and use the search function. This has literally been discussed dozens of times.

Please help with a 1 paragraph summary of how this system we all use actually works.  Currently 4 systems live.

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 08:28:35 PM »

Please help with a 1 paragraph summary of how this system we all use actually works.  Currently 4 systems live.

Please read the above. Why do you think you should be spoon fed?

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 11:27:43 PM »

Clearly you dont understand that nearly every single person in the world uses gps. Explain how it works on a flat earth.

Offline juner

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 02:07:11 AM »
Clearly you dont understand that nearly every single person in the world uses gps. Explain how it works on a flat earth.

Your premise is literally false. Try harder next time.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 04:45:17 AM »
This has been discussed a bunch of times even since I've been looking here, which isn't that long.
But I have searched the Wiki and GPS is not mentioned at all, neither are satellites.
Satellites are used in so many arenas - GPS, Weather satellites, Satellite TV - that if there is a Flat Earth stance on how all this works then it would be good to add it to the Wiki.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 10:54:58 AM »
This has been discussed a bunch of times even since I've been looking here, which isn't that long.
But I have searched the Wiki and GPS is not mentioned at all, neither are satellites.
Satellites are used in so many arenas - GPS, Weather satellites, Satellite TV - that if there is a Flat Earth stance on how all this works then it would be good to add it to the Wiki.

It's true the wiki doesn't talk about GPS per se, but it does discuss the NASA hoax.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 11:05:05 AM »
It's true the wiki doesn't talk about GPS per se, but it does discuss the NASA hoax.
It does. But the satellites which make my TV work were not launched by NASA.
And if that doesn't really work by satellites then they must be "in on it" too, and what's their stake in this?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 12:26:16 PM »

What's it got to do with NASA?  Most of the satellite launches upcoming are not NASA launches. Only some of the satellites already in place are operated by NASA.

Have a look at planewavemedia on YouTube, especially their recent 'tracking' videos, and tell everybody here what you see.  I see a company that has developed telescope tracking software that allows them to track orbital satellites in real time. If there weren't any satellites, they wouldn't have anything to track.
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 02:15:54 PM »
Honestly, don't you guys have anything better to do? Did I say what my opinion was? You guys just troll thru these forums using the same rebuttals against anything you may perceive to be against your point of view. He was asking for a flat earth response to his question, which has been discussed many times, including in a thread that I myself started. Maybe you should go dig that one up and see what I asked and what answers I got.

Obviously, if OP wanted your kind of response he could have gone to google.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 02:59:27 PM »
Honestly, don't you guys have anything better to do?

You've obviously got as much time on your hands as I have. I joined Feb 11, and have 40-odd posts, you joined end of January and have 70-odd.

Why do you find it so unreasonable that I query what GPS and NASA have to do with each other, and draw comparison between your mention of NASA, and the lack of NASA satellites?

If the standard response is going to be "Look in the Wiki" every time, then why have the forum?

Nearly?

Offline Buran

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 03:13:07 PM »
Honestly, don't you guys have anything better to do?

You've obviously got as much time on your hands as I have. I joined Feb 11, and have 40-odd posts, you joined end of January and have 70-odd.

Why do you find it so unreasonable that I query what GPS and NASA have to do with each other, and draw comparison between your mention of NASA, and the lack of NASA satellites?

If the standard response is going to be "Look in the Wiki" every time, then why have the forum?

Except I'm not trolling like you are. Do you really think you're changing anyone's mind?

My opinion is that satellites orbit the earth in space. OP didn't ask for that opinion, he wanted a FE opinion, so I gave him a way to find his answer.

Geesh. Is it really that difficult, honestly.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 03:43:27 PM »
My opinion is that satellites orbit the earth in space.

Why not say that in the first place, then?

OP didn't ask for that opinion, he wanted a FE opinion, so I gave him a way to find his answer.

Your first and second answers read as if you actually hold that FE opinion. Result; you seem to be frustrated with others, when you didn't really make yourself clear in the first place (IMHO) ....

Nearly?