New to the flat earth??? Please explain....
« on: February 18, 2018, 06:32:15 AM »
Recently I have been interested in the flat earth movement and have done a fair amount of research and I agree with many theories that the flat earth model reveal. However I want to learn far more and I'm wondering if it is possible to hear other peoples research so that I compile knowledge to learn more.  :)

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
Re: New to the flat earth??? Please explain....
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 10:37:58 AM »
I see many FE-ers either telling others to "Do their own research", or that they have "done their research", but I can never coax any detail from them on what they've done.

Are you prepared to tell us what your research entailed?  What you did, when you did it, what the results of any experimentation were, where the results are/were documented ...?

=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:11:24 PM »
I see many FE-ers either telling others to "Do their own research", or that they have "done their research", but I can never coax any detail from them on what they've done.

Are you prepared to tell us what your research entailed?  What you did, when you did it, what the results of any experimentation were, where the results are/were documented ...?

Is it possibly because no one has actually completed any research? I usually can’t shut up whenever I prove something that goes against mainstream theory. A lot of the considerations out there seem to be baseless and focused on subjective information rather than empirical data. Of course, we had to sift through the wild theories, however, why would we push individuals trying to learn away to find their own information rather than teaching them what we’ve learned?

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 04:02:50 PM »

Their research generally consists of watching youtube videos. That's about it. Of all the videos I've watched, I've yet to see one that isn't obviously wrong. That's the problem with backyard scientists/theorists - they have no clue what they are doing.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 03:50:58 AM »
Question
The universe started as a big bang? true or false
Answer
No one knows because its a theory.

Every assumption of space and space travel is a theory from every so called professional out there.

theory (n.)

1590s, "conception, mental scheme," from Late Latin theoria (Jerome), from Greek theoria "contemplation, speculation; a looking at, viewing; a sight, show, spectacle, things looked at," from theorein "to consider, speculate, look at," from theoros "spectator," from thea "a view" (see theater) + horan "to see," which is possibly from PIE root *wer- (3) "to perceive."

Explain a "theory" as an "absolute" to backup the big bang theory.
Not one person on the planet can so why do you cherish their words as fact?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 07:10:21 AM »
Question
The universe started as a big bang? true or false
Answer
No one knows because its a theory.

As is UA and Celestial Gravitation and a load of other things in Flat Earth Theory...

But understand what a theory is in science, whatever the root of the word is.. It's not just some vague idea.
It's a model which explains observations and can predict certain things.
The big bang is the best model we have now which explains the observations of red shift and noticing how galaxies are moving apart.
Could it be amended or replaced? Of course. As new observations are taken it tests the model and can potentially mean a new model is required entirely.
So the geocentric model - earth at the centre of everything - was challenged by retrograde motion of planets. Various attempts were made at fixing that and in the end it was realised that a heliocentric model fixed the problems and explained those observations.

Relativity is a theory and observations and experiments keep on giving confidence that the theory is correct. Gravitaitonal lensing has been observed, time dilation (proven by experiment and accounted for in GPS calculations) and recently gravitational waves have been detected.

A sun sinking slowly below the horizon can be explained by a spinning ball (or, to be fair, by a sun going under a plane, but then it would be dark everywhere so that causes other problems). What it can't be explained by is a sun rotating round the centre of a flat plane no matter how much you shout "perspective".
Long shadows at sunset prove that the sun is physically close to the horizon.

Every assumption of space and space travel is a theory from every so called professional out there.

Space travel is not a theory, it is a documented fact. Your only counter argument is to shout "fake" at everything and claim it's all a conspiracy. You can do that about anything.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »

Space travel is not a theory, it is a documented fact. Your only counter argument is to shout "fake" at everything and claim it's all a conspiracy. You can do that about anything.

This is where the issue gets complicated because I don't believe a fart out of their ass never mind a word out of their mouth. Follow the money.

Conspiracy just means two or more people getting together to make an evil plan.
So you are part of a conspiracy targeting flat earth believes with the attention of belittling and grandstanding to show intellectual superiority. The issue with that is its not working for you.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 08:04:03 PM »
This is where the issue gets complicated because I don't believe a fart out of their ass never mind a word out of their mouth. Follow the money.

Assuming by "they" you mean the various space agencies, then do you believe those who monitor the work OF the space agencies? Those who are independent of them?

Nearly?

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2018, 08:14:50 PM »

Assuming by "they" you mean the various space agencies, then do you believe those who monitor the work OF the space agencies? Those who are independent of them?

There is no independent anything when it comes to space. It takes massive amount of energy to keep the game going. All for one and one for all.

SylvanCyborg

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 11:04:44 PM »
I'm not convinced by many apects of the 'official' FE theory, if there even is one. For example, I see no reliable evidence that space exists at all, at least not in the specific way it's assumed to be by popular theories.

When I see some FE people just trying to make a drop in replacement for RE, it seems to me counter productive. It's much better to just admit "I don't know" than have theories that can't be tested.

What we all agree on in FE is that earth is not a sphere. From there we diverge into many different camps.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:17:17 PM by SylvanCyborg »

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 05:06:59 AM »
I've researched the dome theory and the theory that there may be more flat earths beyond a plane of ice beyond the antarctic. One question i have that i haven't been able to find an answer to online is the topic of how thick the flat earth actually is. if anyone could please explain id really appreciate that.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 05:47:53 AM »
Conspiracy just means two or more people getting together to make an evil plan.
So you are part of a conspiracy targeting flat earth believes with the attention of belittling and grandstanding to show intellectual superiority. The issue with that is its not working for you.
Why is convincing people the world is a globe an "evil" plan. Not that I am trying to do that really. I'm fascinated by the fact that people still believe in a flat earth in this day and age. It's a sad reflection on this post truth world we live in now. But if you want to believe it then go nuts. I'm just interested in the debates and what the flat earth responses are to the glaring holes in their theory.

I believe in a globe earth, you believe in the flat earth. Who is part of the conspiracy. You or me?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 08:19:30 PM »
There is no independent anything when it comes to space. It takes massive amount of energy to keep the game going. All for one and one for all.

So .... do you know who I was referring to when I referred to those who monitor the work of the space agencies?  Or are you just going to tar everyone with the same brush without knowing?

Nearly?

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2018, 09:34:46 PM »
I believe in a globe earth, you believe in the flat earth. Who is part of the conspiracy. You or me?

Both of us because we are both casting seeds of doubt.
If we don't believe each other then we don't trust each other then me and you both lose.
United we stand, divided we fall.

Offline retlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »

So .... do you know who I was referring to when I referred to those who monitor the work of the space agencies?  Or are you just going to tar everyone with the same brush without knowing?

I can't read your mind sorry for that.
The Vatican most likely trumps whom every your thinking off anyway.

The biggest space monitor on earth is "Lucifer" run by Jesuits.

Vatican Owned Infrared Camera Named Lucifer LBT Telescope On Mount Graham, Arizona

On March 14, 1891, Pope Leo XIII issued a “Motu Propio”, a personal decree, that re-established the Vatican Observatory. In it he explained the apologetic need for supporting a scientific institution at that time, and also outlined the previous history of papal support for astronomy.
http://www.vaticanobservatory.va/content/specolavaticana/en.html

The Observatory of the Roman College was first established in 1774 by the power of the Holy see.
Since they were the first they have first claim on space.

Sovereignty is held by the Queen and the Queen got her power form the Archbishop of Canterbury whom got his power from the pope whom got his from the Holy see.

All governments are run by the Vatican like it or not, that is the way it is.

That is the reason why the world is pushing out the church.
To hide the power structure.
They used the church to build up a monopoly and then they dismantle the church to hide their tracks.

That is why the pope is making such outlandish remarks these days.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 11:09:06 PM »
One telescope out of many. So what? That wasn't who I was referring to as "monitoring the space agencies" (and their activities). The telescopes on Mount Graham look at stars and galaxies, not orbital craft.

Nearly?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 11:24:41 PM »
Neither the thumbnail, nor any image that I can find in that YT video shows the LBT ...

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 12:45:09 PM »

Both of us because we are both casting seeds of doubt.
If we don't believe each other then we don't trust each other then me and you both lose.
United we stand, divided we fall.
But we can't both be right, can we? We are fundamentally disagreeing about the shape of the earth. There is an objective truth about this.
It isn't flat because you think it is, nor is it a globe because I think it is.
The only way for us to be "united" about this is for one of us to change our opinions and neither of us are going to.
But people don't have to agree about everything to get along.