Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
$$$ inflation $$$ Say it ain't so Joe
« on: September 22, 2022, 04:50:58 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/inflation-costing-average-american-family-11500-year

(Inflation Costing Average American Family $11,500 This Year)

Opps I guess Joes a stupid liar.

Meanwhile, President Joe Biden insisted earlier this week in an interview on CBS’ “60 Minutes” that inflation “hasn’t spiked” in recent months and remains “basically even.”

+++++++
Personally I've made some changes along the household expenses to prevent such financial instability. My guess is I couldn't dodge 5% of the increases on average. Social Security COLA and higher interest rates once the business turmoil slows will allow many of us to claw back the 5%
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

BillO

Re: $$$ inflation $$$ Say it ain't so Joe
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2022, 05:32:28 PM »
https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/inflation-costing-average-american-family-11500-year

(Inflation Costing Average American Family $11,500 This Year)

Opps I guess Joes a stupid liar.

Meanwhile, President Joe Biden insisted earlier this week in an interview on CBS’ “60 Minutes” that inflation “hasn’t spiked” in recent months and remains “basically even.”

+++++++
Personally I've made some changes along the household expenses to prevent such financial instability. My guess is I couldn't dodge 5% of the increases on average. Social Security COLA and higher interest rates once the business turmoil slows will allow many of us to claw back the 5%

Well, to begin with I would not trust anything I read from that user contributed site without checking it out further.  It seems zero fact checking is done on the stories.

Secondly, even calculating past inflation is an extremely difficult thing to do and cannot be done with absolute certainty.  You can't just compare the price of an "item" 20 years ago to the price of the "item" today and substract one from the other, divide by the number of intervening years then declare an average inflation rate.  It just does not work that way.  The first and foremost reason is that the "item" you had 20 years ago will almost certainly NOT be the same "item" you have today.  There are many other considerations too .. hundreds of them.

Thirdly, predicating future inflation is just not possible.  You have a better chance of predicting the weather for January 31st 2022 than you do of predicting what the inflation rate will be then.

You can believe whatever you want to confirm your bias, that's on you, but don't you owe it to yourself to check stuff like this out before using it to denigrate someone?  Or is that the good, bible thumping, Christian way?  Make blind unsubstantiated accusations against your neighbors and spread possible lies about them?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 04:36:43 PM »
you know nothing :)

http://www.shadowstats.com/alternate_data/inflation-charts

Unfunded liabilities make the debt hundreds of trillions. This rock is broke and coming in for a reset.
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Rama Set

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2022, 05:43:06 PM »

Unfunded liabilities make the debt hundreds of trillions. This rock is broke and coming in for a reset.

An unfunded liability is literally nonsensical in the context of nation states.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2022, 06:03:52 PM »

It is nonsensical to believe nation-states can exist within the context of unfunded liabilities.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 06:29:43 PM by Action80 »
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Rama Set

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2022, 06:49:27 PM »

It is nonsensical to believe nation-states can exist within the context of unfunded liabilities.

I am Total Lackey and think reversing people’s words makes me very smart

The US produces their own funds. You know that right? Please tell me you know that.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2022, 11:03:10 PM »
The US produces their own funds. You know that right? Please tell me you know that.

Please explain how the US "produces their own funds".

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2022, 11:58:16 PM »

I am Total Lackey and think reversing people’s words makes me very smart

For you to think the US "produces its own funds," is laughable, to say the least.

Pro-tip, they do not.

That should give you a clue as to why nation-states cannot exist with unfunded liabilities.

Corporations, on the other hand, certainly can.

But corporations do not fit the definition of a nation-state.

Banks and financial institutions do, however.

Left you another clue.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 01:18:14 AM »
That should give you a clue as to why nation-states cannot exist with unfunded liabilities.

I think Social Security and Medicare have unfunded liabilities yet the US is still a nation-state. How does that work if nation-states can't exist with unfunded liabilities?

Rama Set

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 02:12:25 AM »

You fucking dolt, they have a mint.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 05:58:48 AM »

I think Social Security and Medicare have unfunded liabilities yet the US is still a nation-state. How does that work if nation-states can't exist with unfunded liabilities?
Could have something to do with how you define a nation-state.

You are under the impression a nation-state with unfunded liabilities is still capable of "charting its own course," as it were.

I am under no such impression, understanding fully whoever has funded that debt, is the one dictating the actual course.

The US does indeed have a mint.

But that mint is in fact, also an unfunded liability, and can only operate if funds are borrowed from an outside source to allow it to function.

The mint does not produce its own funds to facilitate operation.

You are trying to claim perpetual motion exists here, when in fact, it exists no where.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2022, 06:56:42 AM »

How do you define a nation-state?

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2022, 07:51:05 AM »

How do you define a nation-state?
I used the words "charting its own course." I would include that as part of the definition, along with other things, but seeing how the general OP is pretty aligned with the concept of economics, no need to get into the others; however, in addition, if you like, we can also add the US is truly no longer homogenous in any sense of the word.

Since the US government does not solely direct (in fact, it has no current role) its monetary policy, it does not meet the definition of a nation-state.

So, overall, the current state of inflation is not really inflicted upon any citizens of any country by the people occupying governmental positions of authority, including Joe Biden. It is facilitated by these people at the behest of those responsible for establishing the monetary policies (i.e., central banks).

A country owning its central bank would continue to meet my understanding of the definition of a nation-state.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 10:07:31 AM by Action80 »

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2022, 01:35:47 PM »
Some fun visualizations ?  Tough to wrap your head around just how far we pushed to complete financial ruin. This is why a digital currency will be developed to replace our broken system of thieves. You will abide, by force...

https://demonocracy.info/infographics/usa/us_debt/us_debt-unfunded_liabilities.html

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2022, 02:12:25 PM »

I don't see the relevance and I look forward to bringing "produces their own funds" to its logical conclusion where you realize that the US government cannot do that.

Let's use something simple: a gold coin. Say the US government wants to mint a gold coin. Where does it get the gold?

Rama Set

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2022, 02:49:16 PM »

I don't see the relevance and I look forward to bringing "produces their own funds" to its logical conclusion where you realize that the US government cannot do that.

Let's use something simple: a gold coin. Say the US government wants to mint a gold coin. Where does it get the gold?

It’s a complete mystery. No one knows how to acquire gold. I hope you figure it out.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2022, 03:16:26 PM »

It’s a complete mystery. No one knows how to acquire gold. I hope you figure it out.
Everyone knows how to acquire gold.

So do you.

So, where do you get your gold, if you were to want some?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2022, 03:28:58 PM by Action80 »

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »
Gold is becoming in short supply. Once Basel lll reclassified it as a tier 1 asset, countries began purchasing again. Russia China and India have really never let up. Does the US even have their 8000 tons or did it get sold and now Biden is selling off the remaining asset of oil reserves to finish us off? 

Roughly 23 Trillion in US Fed cash circulating, about $3,300 every man, women and child on the surface. That's cash not wealth, we know most don't have that in US green funny money. Gold is another peeps don't have. 3/4 of an ounce for each human ever mined but most have zip.

So your family of 4 should have $13,200 in US fiat and 3 oz of Gods coin.

Rama Set

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2022, 05:02:17 PM »

Everyone knows how to acquire gold.

So do you.

So, where do you get your gold, if you were to want some?

If everyone knows, why don’t we just move on to the next part of the discussion?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2022, 05:18:15 PM »
Gold is taboo, today it's trading (1oz Gold Eagle) @ spot + $210 which is really steep but the coin shops who were lucky to get this weeks supply maybe 35 coins aren't going to lose money on something that is manipulated in price via the comex gangsters. 10 yrs ago these coins were spot+50.

Gold in US is going to skyrocket when the dollar crashes and it will. Saudi's will price oil in a gold back yuan and dump uncle sam. I've also said the dollar will skyrocket in price as the world closes out contracts of all kind in dollars. They need to buy dollars to pay off these contracts and rewrite in a new currency. IMO this is what we are seeing today. It's just too expensive to do bus in $$$ now. So where will this $$ go? To the reserve banks who inturn will buy Gold (tier 1) for the dollars sending Gold up up up like were seeing the $$$ today. When all this debt comes home the US crashes...

Watch and learn little Bitchez