Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #1120 on: September 11, 2022, 06:27:41 PM »
Also, I want to expand a bit: if it were rigorously, scientifically shown that a specific group of people are, say, 70% more likely to do violence in their lifetime, is it the government's duty to marginalize them? If some X feature of a person (outside of their control) is shown to predispose them to murder people, should that person be marginalized (or even aborted before they are born)?

Are you suggesting that such a race would be genetically predisposed to violence, or are you describing something that might exist in the real world?

Further, would you agree or disagree that aborting a fetus detected to have down syndrome is reasonable?

Sure, why not? As long as it's not late term.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: September 11, 2022, 08:53:15 PM »
Humans (and a lesser extent dogs) are too complex, mentally, to follow set behavoral patters based on race.  Simply put, such patterns don't exist.

By what evidence do you state this? In order to say this, you must vigorously research the subject. However, vigorous research on racial patterns is taboo and avoided. I don't see how there exists such a large amount of research to say definitively "the pattern does not exist".
True but we have alot of research of psycholoigcal behavior of humans.  As a mixed group, presumably, with seemingly no negative effect on the results.
Tho I will admit that race would be a very hard variable to control as culture influences how we percieve race.  So even if you had two children, one black one white, growing up in the exact same family environemnt, they'll have vastly different experiences with regards to the rest of the world: Media representation, schools, racist people, news, etc... 
So I'd shudder to wonder how you could make any kind of research on the subject.

Wild animals, however, are another matter.  Some domesticated one as well like cows or sheep.  Very predictable and its easy to say that "Yes this is a cow and its dosile" because cows have been bred that way and nearly all cows are docile as a reault

How is a human that much more complex than an animal when such a vast majority of our DNA is shared between them?
Because it is.
A mouse and a human are very different both psychologically and physcially.  As far as we know, a mouse can't form language or complex thought.  It has no artistic capability.  No desire to build a society, just operate on instinct.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: September 12, 2022, 05:34:58 PM »
Are you suggesting that such a race would be genetically predisposed to violence, or are you describing something that might exist in the real world?

I didn't say anything about race, my example could be any number of features outside of a person's control (which does include race, but not exclusively). This includes physical and mental disabilities.

Sure, why not? As long as it's not late term.

Generally speaking, the "why not" is an aversion to eugenics.

True but we have alot of research of psycholoigcal behavior of humans.  As a mixed group, presumably, with seemingly no negative effect on the results.
Tho I will admit that race would be a very hard variable to control as culture influences how we percieve race.  So even if you had two children, one black one white, growing up in the exact same family environemnt, they'll have vastly different experiences with regards to the rest of the world: Media representation, schools, racist people, news, etc... 
So I'd shudder to wonder how you could make any kind of research on the subject.

The point is that, as you've said, there's no way to scientifically verify that race does or doesn't show a pattern. There's a lot of variables involved that we cannot account for (in an ethical manner).

Because it is.
A mouse and a human are very different both psychologically and physcially.  As far as we know, a mouse can't form language or complex thought.  It has no artistic capability.  No desire to build a society, just operate on instinct.

Why is building a society not "operating on instinct"?

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: September 24, 2022, 12:50:28 AM »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Rama Set

« Reply #1124 on: September 24, 2022, 03:05:31 AM »

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: September 24, 2022, 03:19:21 AM »
It's really sad how you guys would rather twist lines out of context and deliberately misinterpret them rather than argue in good faith and criticize Biden for his actual faults and weaknesses.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 24, 2022, 08:27:45 AM »
It's really sad how you guys would rather twist lines out of context and deliberately misinterpret them rather than argue in good faith and criticize Biden for his actual faults and weaknesses.

The good things that he's doing outweigh any minor gaffes and mis-speaks. To borrow a self-help book title from years back - "Don't sweat the small stuff". 

The alternative at the moment is fluctuating between Trump and de Santis, which to my mind is a wholly unacceptable alternative.   
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 24, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »
So sad this country is being run by Bidens handlers. Where's the potty? my diapers are soaked.

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 24, 2022, 03:40:13 PM »
So sad this country is being run by Bidens handlers. Where's the potty? my diapers are soaked.

Or he really had to leave.  Schedule and all.
This could have also been unscripted.  Ie. That guy thanking him wasn't on the plan so he didn't expect it.

Or he really had to pee.  Because who here hasn't tried to escape when ya gotta pee?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 24, 2022, 05:50:14 PM »
So sad this country is being run by Bidens handlers. Where's the potty? my diapers are soaked

Nearly?

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 25, 2022, 10:04:14 AM »
People's obsession with Trump's dump truck of an arse is peak politics
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 25, 2022, 03:25:20 PM »

Wouldn't have mentioned without the previous posts. Why aren't you asking the others why they were "obsessed" with Biden's lavatorial functions?

Nearly?

Rama Set

« Reply #1132 on: September 25, 2022, 04:02:15 PM »

Wouldn't have mentioned without the previous posts. Why aren't you asking the others why they were "obsessed" with Biden's lavatorial functions?

You are the literal god of whataboutism

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 25, 2022, 08:04:07 PM »
Why aren't you asking the others why they were "obsessed" with Biden's lavatorial functions?
Because it's just one person, and he's completely unhinged. Not worth anyone's time.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 25, 2022, 10:18:09 PM »
Why aren't you asking the others why they were "obsessed" with Biden's lavatorial functions?
Because it's just one person, and he's completely unhinged. Not worth anyone's time.

Well, unfortunately that implies you think I'm "worth the time", but if you want to take the attitude that I'm not, and simply walk on by when you see my name, that's fine with me.

Nearly?

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 26, 2022, 01:59:35 AM »
You know he's not going to just ignore your posts. And it's not just you in this case, anyway. I too am fascinated by Trump's enormous ass. He's definitely lost weight since leaving office, but his butt seems to be as robust as ever. Remarkable.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 27, 2022, 07:08:04 AM »
Well, unfortunately that implies you think I'm "worth the time"
You really ought to try and process what you read sometime. I commented on the people who are obsessed with Trump's butt, and not the one person that keeps trying to make haha funny poop jokes.

I don't know why you've decided that everything I say is about you, but it isn't.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 27, 2022, 06:34:49 PM »
I don't know why you've decided that everything I say is about you

It's called narcissism.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: October 05, 2022, 04:09:13 PM »

Biden is such a poopy pants loser, back door deals..try sending in Hunter

https://twitter.com/shellenbergermd/status/1577680926816903168

In 2020, Democrats blocked Trump's proposal to buy American oil at $24 a barrel.

Yesterday, a Biden official disclosed a secret offer to buy OPEC+ oil at $80 a barrel in exchange for not cutting production.

Biden's efforts backfired. The US is weakened.

=====
The White House is furious.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/white-house-panics-prices-rebound-mulls-gasoline-export-ban-blasts-opec-hostile-acts
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 04:12:24 PM by J-Man »

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: October 05, 2022, 07:39:34 PM »

Biden is such a poopy pants loser, back door deals..try sending in Hunter

https://twitter.com/shellenbergermd/status/1577680926816903168

In 2020, Democrats blocked Trump's proposal to buy American oil at $24 a barrel.

Yesterday, a Biden official disclosed a secret offer to buy OPEC+ oil at $80 a barrel in exchange for not cutting production.

Biden's efforts backfired. The US is weakened.

=====
The White House is furious.

https://www.zerohedge.com/commodities/white-house-panics-prices-rebound-mulls-gasoline-export-ban-blasts-opec-hostile-acts

Yep.  $30 billion dollars which was not in the stimulus package because the democrat minoroty manages to stop the majority republicans from putting it in.
Man, Democrats are POWERFUL.  Even as a minority, they control all.

But given the Strategic reserve was 95 billion barrels short of 714 billion barrels (aka capacity), wasn't a big deal.  And really, did you WANT oil prices to go up?