Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: President Joe Biden
« Reply #920 on: April 07, 2022, 11:34:19 PM »
A long history of stupid decisions doesn't surprise me at all.

Well, that's your opinion based upon your notion that the SPR is only to be used for "when we're getting nuked on one coast and invaded on the other." And as shown, that has not been the bar that needs to be exceeded for its intended use. The Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975, in part, was designed to "give the executive branch additional powers to respond to disruptions in energy supply".

So should we open up the reserves for the existing situation? I would prefer we don't. But an argument can be made that it's well within the parameters of use, historically and by design, and we need not be engaged in homeland fight for survival to do so.

Of course it's my opinion. What do you think adding "well that's just like, your opinion, man" actually adds to the discussion? All facets of politics are collections of opinions. Any possible argument or choice in politics is merely an opinion.

The US making stupid decisions over and over again is nothing new. I'm simply disappointed that Biden is yet another bad decision. I can't wait to see what the next bad decision our two-party system (also a bad decision in and of itself) will generate next.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 08, 2022, 12:02:28 AM »
A long history of stupid decisions doesn't surprise me at all.

Well, that's your opinion based upon your notion that the SPR is only to be used for "when we're getting nuked on one coast and invaded on the other." And as shown, that has not been the bar that needs to be exceeded for its intended use. The Energy Policy and Conservation Act of 1975, in part, was designed to "give the executive branch additional powers to respond to disruptions in energy supply".

So should we open up the reserves for the existing situation? I would prefer we don't. But an argument can be made that it's well within the parameters of use, historically and by design, and we need not be engaged in homeland fight for survival to do so.

Of course it's my opinion. What do you think adding "well that's just like, your opinion, man" actually adds to the discussion? All facets of politics are collections of opinions. Any possible argument or choice in politics is merely an opinion.

Fair point.

The US making stupid decisions over and over again is nothing new. I'm simply disappointed that Biden is yet another bad decision. I can't wait to see what the next bad decision our two-party system (also a bad decision in and of itself) will generate next.

It's not clear to me if all those "decisions" were stupid. I'd have to look at each and see if it was beneficial or detrimental. All I'm saying is that the way it's been used is as intended. It wasn't created solely for doomsday scenarios. The argument can be made for whether its intended use was incorrect to begin with. Maybe it should have been a system designed only for Defcon 1.

Offline J-Man

• "Let's go Brandon ! I agree" >Your President<
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 12, 2022, 05:55:53 PM »
What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 12, 2022, 07:19:13 PM »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 12, 2022, 07:41:52 PM »
Biden the laughing stock of the world now.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/you-know-things-are-bad-when-saudi-state-tv-mocks-biden

Oh no... A comedy show making fun of people...
What, next you'll tell me SNL does it too...
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #925 on: April 13, 2022, 09:26:48 AM »
Biden the laughing stock of the world now.

Believe it or not, political satire as a form of comedy is not limited to the Western World.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 09:30:00 AM by Tumeni »
=============================
Not Flat. Happy to prove this, if you ask me.

Nearly all flat earthers agree the earth is not a globe.

Nearly?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 13, 2022, 03:52:00 PM »
 Mr. poopy pants thought it was ice cream and licked it off, off camera, lmao

What kind of person would devote endless hours posting scientific facts trying to correct the few retards who believe in the FE? I slay shitty little demons.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 13, 2022, 03:58:41 PM »
Liberals BTFO by a literal pigeon  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 13, 2022, 03:59:13 PM »
... thought it was ice cream and licked it off, off camera, lmao

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/did-a-bird-poop-on-biden/

"distiller's grain"

Nearly?

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 14, 2022, 03:23:15 PM »
The President of El Salvador says that the Biden Administration is pro-crime.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 14, 2022, 04:22:21 PM »

Isn't it very UnTrump like to send money to a foreign country to fix their problems?
I call BS, personally.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Rama Set

« Reply #931 on: April 14, 2022, 04:47:41 PM »

Improving social conditions is a long lasting way to fight crime. Turns out disenfranchisement and poverty lead to systemic criminality. Don’t mistake political messages for statements of fact.

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 14, 2022, 04:53:11 PM »

So are you saying the Biden admin is doing something different to what the former admin did? If so, what?

If the former admin was sending them $X to fight crime, and those payments continued after the election, what's the issue? Surely that suggests the recipients are doing something different with the money?

Nearly?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 14, 2022, 05:35:04 PM »
The President of El Salvador
Who you couldn’t have named to save your life, but he’s saying something which fits your agenda so is suddenly worth quoting. Owned dem libs!
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 14, 2022, 06:58:21 PM »
Seems like El Salvador could definitely use some help:

On 26 March 2022, El Salvador recorded 62 murders committed in a single day, the deadliest day in Salvadoran history in 30 years since the end of the civil war.[109] Most of the murders were committed by MS-13 and 18th Street Gang.[110] The following day, the Legislative Assembly voted to enact article 29 of the Salvadoran constitution,[111] declaring a 30-day state of emergency which suspended some constitutional civil liberties and mobilized the military to neighborhoods controlled by the country's criminal gangs.

This might be part of the issue why Bukele is pissed:

U.S. Treasury: El Salvador government negotiated with gangs
MEXICO CITY -- El Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele's government secretly negotiated a truce with leaders of the country’s powerful street gangs, the U.S. Treasury charged Wednesday, contradicting Bukele's denials and raising tensions between the two nations.

The U.S government alleges Bukele's government bought the gangs' support with financial benefits and privileges for their imprisoned leaders including prostitutes and cellphones. The explosive accusation cuts to the heart of one of Bukele’s most highly touted successes in office: a plunge in the country’s homicide rate.

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 16, 2022, 05:07:09 PM »
Biden BS's more than anyone I've ever known.

"Even though President Biden has said the US will accept up to 100,000 Ukrainian refugees, his administration hasn't yet created a pathway for Ukrainians fleeing the war."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/world/gallery/ukrainians-us-mexico-border/index.html

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 16, 2022, 05:49:00 PM »
Biden BS's more than anyone I've ever known.

"Even though President Biden has said the US will accept up to 100,000 Ukrainian refugees, his administration hasn't yet created a pathway for Ukrainians fleeing the war."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/14/world/gallery/ukrainians-us-mexico-border/index.html

What's the issue?

Offline Tumeni

• View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 16, 2022, 08:43:40 PM »

"Even though President Biden has said the US will accept (Future tense. Not present, not past) up to 100,000 Ukrainian refugees, his administration hasn't yet created a pathway for Ukrainians fleeing the war (because that will happen... in the future)."

Nearly?

Offline J-Man

• View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 16, 2022, 09:56:46 PM »
I got a feeling my household just dumped a bunch more cash into Bidens BS ideas.

https://www.zerohedge.com/military/russia-renews-long-range-strikes-kiev-following-disastrous-loss-warship

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 17, 2022, 12:33:27 AM »
What ideas are you referring to?