Saddam Hussein

The Elder Scrolls Online/General Elder Scrolls Discussion
« on: January 23, 2014, 07:33:23 PM »
Let's face it, we still have to have a thread for this.  Anyway, I guess this is the latest update on the game:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder-scrolls-online-voice-cast-is-seriously-impressive/1100-6417293/

Yes, that cast is pretty cool.  Well, some of them are, anyway.  I'm not sure why they bothered listing Jennifer Hale up there with the big names, as if her inclusion is somehow impressive, but whatever.

Anyway, is there anyone here who's actually planning on getting this when it comes out in a few months?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 01:40:01 AM by Saddam Hussein »

Re: The Elder Scrolls Online
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 08:15:31 PM »
No.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »
Nope.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 08:48:11 PM »
Certainly not.
The Mastery.

Offline Tintagel

• Full of Tinier Tintagels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:12 PM »
Well, unlike the rest of these losers, I am.  So there. :P

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 08:49:36 PM »
Enjoy wasting money.
The Mastery.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 08:52:07 PM »
Enjoy wasting money.

Most MMO subscriptions are $14.99 monthly.  That is less than what I would pay for dinner and a movie.  That's 30 days of entertainment vs. 1 evening out.  You make no sense.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2014, 08:54:35 PM »
>entertainment
The Mastery.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2014, 08:57:06 PM »

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2014, 09:00:49 PM »
Ha ha ha.
The Mastery.

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2014, 09:13:50 PM »
Let's face it, we still have to have a thread for this.  Anyway, I guess this is the latest update on the game:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/elder-scrolls-online-voice-cast-is-seriously-impressive/1100-6417293/

Yes, that cast is pretty cool.  Well, some of them are, anyway.  I'm not sure why they bothered listing Jennifer Hale up there with the big names, as if her inclusion is somehow impressive, but whatever.

Anyway, is there anyone here who's actually planning on getting this when it comes out in a few months?

Nah, I don't like MMOs.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 09:35:51 PM »

Nah, I don't like MMOs.

The real question is whether TESO will be able to pull me away from Everquest Next.  I'm thinking the winner will be EQN.  But time will tell. 

(I do like MMOs.)

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2014, 09:46:16 PM »

Nah, I don't like MMOs.

The real question is whether TESO will be able to pull me away from Everquest Next.  I'm thinking the winner will be EQN.  But time will tell. 

(I do like MMOs.)

How do you tolerate a server full of idiots?

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2014, 10:07:50 PM »

Nah, I don't like MMOs.

(I do like MMOs.)

How do you tolerate a server full of idiots?

Well, I'm in a multi-game guild that is full of awesome non-idiots, so for me it's usually just a matter of turning off Global / General chat.  And also by not really doing the PVP thing.

But in the case I play a game my guild isn't in, I'm generally pretty good at finding the smart people.  They're the ones who speak in complete sentences.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:14:16 PM by Tintagel »

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2014, 11:42:05 PM »
I'm convinced there are no MMOs, no matter how well designed, that don't end up sucking as a result of terrible userbases. Based on my general experience of Bethesda fans, I don't think that's going to change, in fact it might even get worse.

Re: Voice cast. Who cares? Bethesda always rams star voice overs in their games and utilises them in an array of terribly underwhelming ways, usually by killing their characters 10 minutes after you meet them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:44:04 PM by Crudblud »

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2014, 12:07:24 AM »
Most MMO subscriptions are $14.99 monthly.  That is less than what I would pay for dinner and a movie.  That's 30 days of entertainment vs. 1 evening out.  You make no sense.

The difference is, with dinner and a movie you get to fuck the guy that's been pretending to be a hawt girl for the last 3 hours.

I'm not quite convinced all these actors wanted to do this. I think its bread and butter stuff, despite video games making much more money than movies. I saw Clease looking at his watch.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2014, 03:38:26 AM »
I'm convinced there are no MMOs, no matter how well designed, that don't end up sucking as a result of terrible userbases. Based on my general experience of Bethesda fans, I don't think that's going to change, in fact it might even get worse.

Re: Voice cast. Who cares? Bethesda always rams star voice overs in their games and utilises them in an array of terribly underwhelming ways, usually by killing their characters 10 minutes after you meet them.

There are MMOs with wonderful communities.  Most of them are older - the original Everquest for instance (dating myself, perhaps?) has a great community.  There are always trolls... but well.  If you're bothered by those, what are you doing on TFES.org? 

I'm with you on voice cast, it's interesting but who cares, really... and I'm actually with you on what the playerbase of TESO is going to be like, at least at launch.  If my "main" guild doesn't go in with a decent presence I'll probably pass, because I know it'll be full of jerks.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2014, 04:04:41 AM »
Enjoy wasting money.

No, most MMO subscriptions are actually free, or else just require a one-time payment (which ESO will still have on top of the subscription fee, I should point out).  It's an outdated business model, and ESO is not following the trend, but instead boldly going where other MMOs have failed miserably before.

Offline Tintagel

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2014, 04:36:08 AM »
Enjoy wasting money.

No, most MMO subscriptions are actually free, or else just require a one-time payment (which ESO will still have on top of the subscription fee, I should point out).  It's an outdated business model, and ESO is not following the trend, but instead boldly going where other MMOs have failed miserably before.

I'll build on Crudblud's point.  It is entirely possible to find great communities inside MMOs themselves. 

However, in MMO forums, and in threads where MMOs are being discussed, you will find predominantly grumpy, joyless specimens of humanity who believe that their experience as a gamer gives them the right to criticize every development decision and pronounce grandiose generalities about a subject which is far more complicated than they know.  This is becoming one of those threads.  I like MMOs, I do not like debating their merits with people who don't.

Perhaps I also enjoy them because I know when to exit conversations before they get frustrating. :)  Bye gang.

Offline Blanko

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 04:41:02 AM »
We should make a FES guild in an MMO.