Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Monkeypox- the best way to attack LGBTQ
« on: August 15, 2022, 03:32:07 PM »
https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/08/gop-operative-wants-lgbtq-community-put-isolation-camps-protection/?ICID=ref_fark

TLDR:
Couple people who won nominations in Arizona think we should go all nazi on any LGBTQ person to stop the spread of Monkeypox.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Clyde Frog

• [kʰlaɪ̯d fɹɒg]
    • View Profile
Re: Monkeypox- the best way to attack LGBTQ
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 03:59:56 PM »
Rounding up "undesirables" and putting them into camps has never led to a bad outcome, right?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 05:29:48 PM »
I'm sure it's better that we continue to allow a tiny subsection of the population to spread diseases without repercussion. I'm sure it's merely coincidence that the same population of people that spread HIV are now spreading a totally-not-sexually-transmitted disease around yet again. It's truly mysterious. The disease itself must be a bigot. Better yet, let's do the same thing we did with HIV: blame the CIA! The CIA made it because they hate the gays!

It's obviously not purely a homosexual disease since lesbians seem unaffected. I think it has more so to do with a subsection of gay men who have absolutely zero health standards when it comes to sticking their dicks into each other's asses. This, unsurprisingly, spreads disease. It, unsurprisingly, causes people to attach the notion of disease spread with gay men. Obviously, isolation camps for gays are not the solution, but there needs to be some response to a disease that is being spread across the country by a few very specific kind of people.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2022, 05:33:29 PM »
Gay men just get laid a lot more often than straight men. If straight guys could get sex as easily they would. Unfortunately straight women just aren't as dtf because they're women and not obsessed with sex.

No, the solution is obviously not punishing a whole group of people because some of them are having a lot of sex. The solution is making the fucking vaccine more widely available.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2022, 06:00:45 PM »
Men really need to learn to wear condoms.

Unfortunately straight women just aren't as dtf because they're women and not obsessed with sex.
hmm

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2022, 07:28:58 PM »
Honestly, Roundy is right, with the usual provisos of "not all men", "not all women", etc. Consequently, the solution is not to round up all gay people, but rather to launch a National Sex Register and round up all people who have sex too often.
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 09:37:17 PM »

I'm not entirely clear on this but I don't think a condom would do much to stop this since skin to skin contact is enough to spread it.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2022, 09:54:22 PM »

I'm not entirely clear on this but I don't think a condom would do much to stop this since skin to skin contact is enough to spread it.
Full body condom.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 01:59:50 AM »
A couple of these will do...Ankles may be a problem though...

BillO

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 05:11:38 AM »
Sorry, are we in CN here?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 05:51:02 AM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6469755/

Been a around a while and the last outbreak was contained in 2017.  5 years later, American dumbasses break that.

The virus is primarily transmitted by direct contact with infectious secretions from animals via handling of infected animals or consumption of poorly cooked bush meat.

Note the lack of butt sex.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 11:33:19 AM »
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6469755/

Been a around a while and the last outbreak was contained in 2017.  5 years later, American dumbasses break that.

The virus is primarily transmitted by direct contact with infectious secretions from animals via handling of infected animals or consumption of poorly cooked bush meat.

Note the lack of butt sex.
Ah, come on...It does not state which body part is handling the animal.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 01:30:10 PM »
American dumbasses break that.

This outbreak originated in Europe...

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2022, 02:54:07 PM »
American dumbasses break that.

This outbreak originated in Europe...

Really?
Huh.  All I hear is America.  Didn't know any other country had an outbreak.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2022, 03:20:03 PM »
Really?
That's because you're quick to hate on Americans any chance you get.

An ongoing outbreak of monkeypox, a viral disease, was confirmed in May 2022. The initial cluster of cases was found in the United Kingdom, where the first case was detected on 6 May 2022 in an individual with travel links to Nigeria (where the disease is endemic). The outbreak marked the first time monkeypox has spread widely outside Central and West Africa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_monkeypox_outbreak

This is the article the wiki references: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/05/monkeypox-outbreak-covid-pandemic/629920/
« Last Edit: August 16, 2022, 03:21:51 PM by rooster »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2022, 04:36:08 PM »
Really?
That's because you're quick to hate on Americans any chance you get.

An ongoing outbreak of monkeypox, a viral disease, was confirmed in May 2022. The initial cluster of cases was found in the United Kingdom, where the first case was detected on 6 May 2022 in an individual with travel links to Nigeria (where the disease is endemic). The outbreak marked the first time monkeypox has spread widely outside Central and West Africa
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_monkeypox_outbreak

This is the article the wiki references: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2022/05/monkeypox-outbreak-covid-pandemic/629920/

Probably.

Or its because I read mostly American news and such.  Being American and all.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2022, 04:52:52 PM »
It’s probably the latter.
When I’ve been in the US and seen the news it is like the rest of the world doesn’t exist.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2022, 04:55:08 PM »
Probably.

Or its because I read mostly American news and such.
The Atlantic is American news. Or maybe you're suggesting Rushy and I get our info from overseas?

Being American and all.
I know you're American.

When I’ve been in the US and seen the news it is like the rest of the world doesn’t exist.
He does not live in America.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2022, 06:04:25 PM »
He does not live in America.
Ah. Fair enough.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2022, 07:42:44 PM »
Probably.

Or its because I read mostly American news and such.
The Atlantic is American news. Or maybe you're suggesting Rushy and I get our info from overseas?
I don't read The Atlantic.  Mostly facebook and NPR.

Well, I'm happy to admit to being wrong and I appologize for blaming an American for something an idiot UKer did.