Threats To The Firmament
« on: October 15, 2017, 02:22:24 PM »
In my musings, I have discovered a new concern regarding North Korea. The flat Earth folks tell us that the Bible describes a dome over the Earth (the vault of heaven) that divides the "waters above from the waters below". Obviously there is the dreary possibility of a fracture in the dome resulting in the "waters above" gushing through the hole and inundating the flat Earth located below it. NASA knows about the dome, so it has faked all of its vehicle launches to eliminate the possibility of a drastic accident resulting in a flood of  Biblical proportions. Any launches that are not fake have been designed to stay well below the dome to insure our safety.  You can plainly see the problem.  The North Koreans don't believe in the Bible, so they obviously are not aware of the dome and the " waters above". Now, so far they have not been particularly successful in flying their rockets, however they might get lucky and launch a rocket that runs pretty well. A slight miscalculation of its trajectory could result in it going straight up and colliding with the dome. If it is armed with a nuclear warhead and assuming it is not a dud, it could easily breach the dome and cause a flood second only to the Biblical catastrophe recorded in the Holy Scriptures.

I suppose the question is, What can be done to prevent this potential disaster? If you have any suggestions, feel free to respond in the comments.

devils advocate

Re: Threats To The Firmament
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 04:38:53 PM »
god would not let it happen. Problem solved. A creator powerful enough to make all that is credited to him is not about to be outwitted by a fat little shit-haircut sporting "rocket man" is he? Chill out  ;D

Pretty Sophisticated Gizmo
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 08:45:07 PM »
I am quite interested in acquiring some information regarding the Sun / Moon relationship as it exists in the Flat Earth model. Apparently the Sun and Moon revolve independently of one another above the Firmament. Their speeds must be different in order to somehow allow for the various phases of the Moon. It is also suggested that there is a third object positioned between the two and the surface of the earth.  It is apparently an opaque disk that makes eclipses of both the Sun and  the Moon possible by moving in front of each of them from time to time.

I understand all of that, but I am having some difficulty getting my head around what kind of mechanism it would take to maintain this operation in sync. I am trying to visualize what it would look like and what kind of power source would be required to drive it. Furthermore, if this machine has been operational since the time of creation, how, when, and by whom has any maintenance been performed? I’m sure there is a simple explanation for all of these concerns. Unfortunately, I am not having much luck working out the details. Can anyone help me?

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
Re: Pretty Sophisticated Gizmo
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 09:56:11 PM »
I am quite interested in acquiring some information regarding the Sun / Moon relationship as it exists in the Flat Earth model. Apparently the Sun and Moon revolve independently of one another above the Firmament. Their speeds must be different in order to somehow allow for the various phases of the Moon. It is also suggested that there is a third object positioned between the two and the surface of the earth.  It is apparently an opaque disk that makes eclipses of both the Sun and  the Moon possible by moving in front of each of them from time to time.

I understand all of that, but I am having some difficulty getting my head around what kind of mechanism it would take to maintain this operation in sync. I am trying to visualize what it would look like and what kind of power source would be required to drive it. Furthermore, if this machine has been operational since the time of creation, how, when, and by whom has any maintenance been performed? I’m sure there is a simple explanation for all of these concerns. Unfortunately, I am not having much luck working out the details. Can anyone help me?

The "non-firmament" FE'ers say that the sun, moon, stars and planets are pushed around by "Celestial currents" - assuming that by giving something a name, they've thereby proven something!

So the answer goes into the large pile of things that are best labelled "Magic -- Please don't ask about this!".

The Moon phases thing remains a problem though - if the moon is lit by the sun (as it is in RET) then:

1) The "flashlight sun" only shines light in a downward cone (or else it would never get dark on the Flat Earth) - so how does any light reach the moon?
2) If the moon is anywhere below about 10,000 miles - you'd clearly see different phases from different parts of the planet simultaneously.   This doesn't happen.  Everyone on Earth sees the moon with the same exact phase.   Hence the Moon has to be MUCH further away.

I read somewhere that some FE'ers believe that the moon is lit by myriads of small glowing animals (think "Fireflies"?) which migrate across the surface in a cyclic pattern every 28 days.   I guess that solves (1) but it opens up a whole new can of worms!

This is such a monumentally crazy idea!   Sadly, none of the FE'ers here seem to like that hypothesis.

Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »
Thanks Geek, I kind of like the firefly idea. Those little bugs have always been among my favorites. If they are responsible for me being able to see the phases of the Moon, I will have still another reason for liking them. I was however looking for a “mechanism” rather than a “life form” to be responsible for the Moon phases. A mechanism would only require an occasional drop of oil and a new battery. Fire flies would require food and water on a daily schedule, and some one would have to clean up after them regularly. If for no other reason, the mechanism would be preferable.

Offline 3DGeek

• Path of photon from sun location to eye at sunset?
    • View Profile
    • What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 01:48:17 PM »
Thanks Geek, I kind of like the firefly idea. Those little bugs have always been among my favorites. If they are responsible for me being able to see the phases of the Moon, I will have still another reason for liking them. I was however looking for a “mechanism” rather than a “life form” to be responsible for the Moon phases. A mechanism would only require an occasional drop of oil and a new battery. Fire flies would require food and water on a daily schedule, and some one would have to clean up after them regularly. If for no other reason, the mechanism would be preferable.

Plus, the firefly hypothesis STILL doesn't explain why the phase of the moon is the same throughout the world...the ONLY way to explain that is if the moon is a quarter million miles away and orbiting around us instead of 3,000 miles above us and drifting around in some double-loop spiral thing.
Hey Tom:  What path do the photons take from the physical location of the sun to my eye at sunset?

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:09:07 PM »
Thanks Geek, if the firefly model is true, and they are far enough  away so that everyone sees the same phase at the same time, they must be “LED Flies” in order to be bright enough to be seen at such a distance. They are probably equipped with tiny Lithium Ion batteries and wireless recharging circuits. Otherwise there would be so many wires going every which way that the resulting tangle would prevent the freedom of movement required to accurately align the LED Flies into the various phases.