Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #3860 on: May 15, 2019, 02:16:39 PM »
This is a purposeful misrepresentation of those situations and you know it. The "don't sell a cake to faggots" business was in fact being forced to produce a certain type of art. The bakery was more than willing to sell a cake to the faggots, the problem was that the faggots wanted a specific faggot cake. The lawsuit was about whether or not a business can be forced to produce certain kinds of art. The answer is apparently that they can be forced to do so.

No, that case was very much centered around the free exercise of religion. You personally might have looked at it from the perspective of being forced to produce certain kinds of art, but it's not what the bakery argued or the courts ruled on. And the Supreme Court did eventually side with the bakery:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masterpiece_Cakeshop_v._Colorado_Civil_Rights_Commission

I suggest you read the opinions of the actual Justices who made the decision, rather than just reading the overview, as you are so fond of doing.

For example: "Phillips’ creation of custom wedding cakes is exactly the kind of “expressive” conduct protected by the First Amendment." The Supreme Court ruled on it from the perspective of being forced to create certain types of art. Read the opinions written by the Justices and stop being a shitty e-lawyer.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: May 15, 2019, 07:21:27 PM »
becasue the know Warren is an absolute shitbag anyway who lied about being a Native American to gain entry into a list of law professors for Harvard.

This has been debunked time and time again:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/01/facts-behind-elizabeth-warren-and-her-native-ameri/

Warren has undoubtedly been dopey on this issue, and she should absolutely have never taken Trump's bait last year and tried to "prove" her ancestry, but there is literally zero evidence of her supposed heritage playing any role in her career or hiring prospects. Like the idea that John Kerry was a fraud who never earned his military decorations, this is a lie that has cemented its way into the public consciousness, and it's the main reason why Warren shouldn't be running. She will never, never shake this.

I suggest you read the opinions of the actual Justices who made the decision, rather than just reading the overview, as you are so fond of doing.

For example: "Phillips’ creation of custom wedding cakes is exactly the kind of “expressive” conduct protected by the First Amendment." The Supreme Court ruled on it from the perspective of being forced to create certain types of art. Read the opinions written by the Justices and stop being a shitty e-lawyer.

That quote is more of a paraphrase, and it came from Thomas's concurrence. Evidently he agreed with the idea that this was more about artistic expression than free exercise of religion. I'll grant that I could have looked into the case more closely to see where your argument came from, but to say that it was decided on those lines is enormously misleading at best. Not that it really matters, as the Court kept the ruling so narrowly confined to how the commission treated the bakery that the overall issues remain legally unsettled.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: May 15, 2019, 10:05:38 PM »

I suggest the snowflakes section themselves off from the rest of society, form their own thing, build their own shit on their own terms, and see how long it lasts...

There's some anger there sir. It would work well with a tiki torch and a MAGA hat.

I didn't actually mention the AG but since you bring it up, yes, he's a corrupt lying sack like everyone else in the administration. He knew exactly what he was doing when he buried Mueller's summaries and substituted his own. Even Trump fell for his lies. Did you notice in the days after the report was released that Trump was crowing "Total Exoneration!" and he was going on about what a great job Mueller had done on the 'exhaustive and thorough report." But a few days later when people actually read the report and found out that's not what it said then Trump went back to "witch hunt," "total hoax" and Mueller is out to get him.

Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

totallackey

« Reply #3863 on: May 16, 2019, 10:32:25 AM »
becasue the know Warren is an absolute shitbag anyway who lied about being a Native American to gain entry into a list of law professors for Harvard.

This has been debunked time and time again:

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/dec/01/facts-behind-elizabeth-warren-and-her-native-ameri/

Warren has undoubtedly been dopey on this issue, and she should absolutely have never taken Trump's bait last year and tried to "prove" her ancestry, but there is literally zero evidence of her supposed heritage playing any role in her career or hiring prospects. Like the idea that John Kerry was a fraud who never earned his military decorations, this is a lie that has cemented its way into the public consciousness, and it's the main reason why Warren shouldn't be running. She will never, never shake this.
No, it hasn't been debunked.

Her name was on the list of Harvard and it identified her as Native American.

Which she isn't...

Jesus...

totallackey

« Reply #3864 on: May 16, 2019, 10:39:19 AM »

I suggest the snowflakes section themselves off from the rest of society, form their own thing, build their own shit on their own terms, and see how long it lasts...

There's some anger there sir. It would work well with a tiki torch and a MAGA hat.

I didn't actually mention the AG but since you bring it up, yes, he's a corrupt lying sack like everyone else in the administration. He knew exactly what he was doing when he buried Mueller's summaries and substituted his own. Even Trump fell for his lies. Did you notice in the days after the report was released that Trump was crowing "Total Exoneration!" and he was going on about what a great job Mueller had done on the 'exhaustive and thorough report." But a few days later when people actually read the report and found out that's not what it said then Trump went back to "witch hunt," "total hoax" and Mueller is out to get him.
I never brought up the AG...Rama Set did.

The whole fucking report is available for fucking free...

Fuck Mueller's summaries.

The facts of the fucking report?

No fucking collusion (not a fucking crime anyway).

No fucking charges of obstruction.

End of fucking story...

And like I wrote...snowflakes section is stage fucking left.

Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: May 16, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »
No charges of obstruction is not the same as no obstruction or attempts at obstruction.
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: May 16, 2019, 03:39:13 PM »
Her name was on the list of Harvard and it identified her as Native American.

Which she isn't...

Jesus...

I assumed that when you said "gain entry into a list of law professors for Harvard" you meant get hired by Harvard. But yes, it is true that Harvard put her on a list of minority-status professors. Doesn't seem like much of a motive to pretend to be Native American, but it is true, for whatever that's worth.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: May 16, 2019, 05:57:06 PM »
No charges of obstruction is not the same as no obstruction or attempts at obstruction.

Hillary was never charged for any crime either.  Thus, she's innocent.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: May 16, 2019, 09:27:03 PM »

Very lawyerly how you specified 'charges of obstruction' rather than 'obstruction', you could probably be Trump's attorney and do a better job than Giuliani is doing.

If fact, if you repeat that line over and over, very loud with a red face and bugged out eyes, you could be Guiliani.

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

totallackey

« Reply #3869 on: May 17, 2019, 10:12:43 AM »
Obviously it is.

If obstruction actually took place, he would have been charged, post haste.

Rama Set

« Reply #3870 on: May 17, 2019, 11:17:47 AM »
Obviously it is.

So glad you aren’t a lawyer.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: May 17, 2019, 01:37:53 PM »
Obviously it is.

If Hillary Clinton murdered people/committed conspiracy/broke the law, she would have been charged, post haste.  Guess Trump owes her an apology, eh?
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: May 17, 2019, 05:09:40 PM »
Obviously it is.

No he wouldn't. He officially wouldn't. The report, which I'm guessing no one has read, clearly states that his investigation is adhering to the justice department guidelines that they can't indict a sitting president.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: May 18, 2019, 05:38:34 AM »
Trump has laid out a new immigration plan.

And I'm ok with it.

Of all the policies he could throw out there, this one is fairly tame and puts America more in line with other nations.

totallackey

« Reply #3874 on: May 18, 2019, 07:23:06 AM »
Obviously it is.

No he wouldn't. He officially wouldn't. The report, which I'm guessing no one has read, clearly states that his investigation is adhering to the justice department guidelines that they can't indict a sitting president.
And if the report "clearly states," a sitting president "can't," be indicted you would provide the exact page number where that is written.

For obstruction to take place, something legitimate needs to be going on that can be obstructed.

This whole fucking thing is a goddamn sham.

Somebody pony up a single verified claim that Trump won the goddamn election due to some fucking Russian trolls on the internet.

"Bueller...Bueller...Bueller???"

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: May 18, 2019, 08:21:10 AM »
Obviously it is.

And if the report "clearly states," a sitting president "can't," be indicted you would provide the exact page number where that is written.
Volume 2, page 1.

The Office of Legal Counsel (OLC) has issued an opinion finding that “the indictment or criminal prosecution of a sitting President would impermissibly undermine the capacity of the executive branch to perform its constitutionally assigned functions” in violation of the constitutional separation of powers.”
[/Quote]

For obstruction to take place, something legitimate needs to be going on that can be obstructed.
[/Quote]
This is the logic the AG made.  But that's dangerous to say.  Because it means that... Lets say me and a friend are at a protest against Trump and we're loud and screaming mean things.  Trump then calls the cops and the cops start arresting people, including my friend.  I jump in the way and together, we escape.
No crime was committed, according to the AG, as being loud at a protest isn't a crime.  Thus, I couldn't obstruct justice.

Here's another.  Bill Clinton was impeached for obstruction of justice BUT no crime was committed.  Thus, he should never have been impeached, right?  No crime, no obstruction of justice.

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• View Profile
« Reply #3876 on: May 18, 2019, 07:20:07 PM »

Somebody pony up a single verified claim that Trump won the goddamn election due to some fucking Russian trolls on the internet.

Page 1 of the report ...

"The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and
systematic fashion."

If you don't believe the sweeping and systemic interference from the Russians had any effect on the outcome of the election, it's ok. The Russians learned a lot in 2016 and with the help of the Republicans will do much better this time. Perhaps the North Koreans will want to get involved also. Since it makes no difference, let Chinese get in on it too.

With enough help from dictators around the globe Trump can win!

Rama Set

« Reply #3877 on: May 18, 2019, 07:33:48 PM »
Its true that no one can say that Russian interference won the election for Trump.  What it likely did was exacerbate the polarization of the American public and this almost certainly contributed a non-zero amount of votes to Trump.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3878 on: May 19, 2019, 02:46:47 AM »
It probably helped him get the nomination.  Because nothing helps a candidate win then making a bunch of people super angry then giving them a candidate who makes angry threats on their behalf.

Rama Set

« Reply #3879 on: May 19, 2019, 12:08:35 PM »
It probably helped him get the nomination.  Because nothing helps a candidate win then making a bunch of people super angry then giving them a candidate who makes angry threats on their behalf.

Apparently the Internet Research Agency started posting pro-Rubio material during the primaries and then switch to Trump.