i made a short video on it:

https://youtu.be/OmoTgt82PVs

i think i explain it better here:

« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:13:30 AM by farolero »

Re: so the sun actually doesnt move, nothing moves as parmenides taught us
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 03:47:49 PM »
i suppose i could define time from the equation s=vt taking v as the velocity of an object under no external forces

so next would be define whats space

a space is defined as the distance between two objects but lets imagine there are just two objects alone in the whole universe

distance is relative to ones size and how can i define distance if i dont define size

for example if i slowly double the size of both objects APPARENT distance will be half than before

i hope you see where im going how can i define the distance dimention if i dont define the size dimention?

we are just assuming as theres no RELATIVE change in size theres no change in size at all in space but we can not not is theres a change that relativily doesnt change

so there wouldnt actually be 5 dimentions to acount for?
x,y,z, time and SIZE

what is more what if parmenides, zenos teacher was righ and motion was illusory?

could you explain APPARENT motion as a symultaneous change of size between two separated objects?

of course if two objects grow symultaneously they wont notice theyre growing because relatively they dont change size with respect to each other but their apparent distance is decreasing

you may argue then how is it posible an object goes past other as we know it happens in the real world because however big this objects grow their centers never cross

but this is where zenos dichotomoy enters the game

so the objects doubles size so apparent distance halves, they double size again and apparent distance halfs again

but lets suppose that as they double their size to keep conservation of momentum true they half theyr time rate

then they would apparently be separated 1 meter in one second half meter in half second quarter of meter in quarter of second and at second 2 they will have cross and at second 3 they have gone past by the opposite ways but how is this posible?

imagine a cuadriculated space with 5 dimensions:

x rotation y rotation z rotation change in size and time

youre on the coordinates (0,0,0) and  go past an object in the coordinates (0,2,0)

what happens exactly with time and space?

theres a light clock at those coordenates you want to go to

we assume the light clock doesnt move but just change size

when it doubles its size the light beam has double distance to run but the period remains constant which means the beam is twice as faster than before so its time rate has halved

the light clock keeps doubling size as its time rate halves and as i explained before on this way at second two you reach it, but what happens next?

if after crossing the clock you look back accounting before crossing it the light beam was going to the right what sense is it going after you cross it, the opposite sense to the left,so time has reversed

so whats going on here? that time is relative to size, the bigger the size the slower the time but relativily the time period is always the same

if the time is going negative means that instead of growing you are shrinking and if you multiply -1*(-1) you get the same than if you multiply 1*1

and this is actually whats going on, you advance towards and object and it grows you walk away from an object and it shrinks

so wouldnt relativity of space time allow us to consider space motionless?

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 09:41:17 PM »
I think the point is more philosofical than physical.

In physics its irrelevant weather you take space as equal to vt with constant v and constant t than you take v as tending to infinite and t tending to zero.

Apparently i claim in the equation s=vt v tends to infinite and t to zero and once v reaches infinity and time zero they change sense and infinite then tends to zero and zero tends to infinite with the sign reversed. This is some transfinite maths i wonder if theres a model for.

Are two particles trully moving or they just change size simultaneously with  a fake sensation of motion?

I think the most interesting part is philosophical

Can our mind decieve us about the nature of the universe?

When an object gets close to you does it really translate or is it just growing and you assume things by your minds construct

philosophically speaking you could say space is equal to one unit so one=v as it tends to infinite * t as it tends to zero

but iclaim they reach those extreme values and then reverse with a reversed sign

so 1= 0*8=-8*-0

and this would be valid for any value instead of 1

if you take 1 youre taking a grid in space of one unit but that formula would be true for any number even zero

so you could take a grid in which all axes are located at (000)

so this would be the oneness parmenides meant though i see more likely a twoness time and spaceplaying all the time with infinity and zero

so there are just two numbers in the whole universe there are just two real things and real numbers the rest are constructions of the mind missguided by appearance

zero and infinite

who are you, myself i think im zero

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 05:17:02 PM »
I'll have what you're having please

Offline fliggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 09:47:36 PM »
I'll have what you're having please

I wont. Who wants to be as confused and contradictory as Mr Magoo here?