Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #9380 on: January 14, 2022, 02:44:04 AM »
Wow, you’re pretty scared to say what you think. Cool story.

I think that Covid is essentially just the flu, and that there are other ways to deal with the flu that makes the vaccine unnecessary. But the vaccine=irredeemable isn't really the anti-vax stance.

Dr. Robert Malone is a well known vaccine critic and a leading figure in the movement, and he recommends the vaccine for people over 65 with comorbidities. See the previous video @ 0:25:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 05:12:53 AM by Tom Bishop »

Rama Set

« Reply #9381 on: January 14, 2022, 04:13:13 AM »
Wow, you’re pretty scared to say what you think. Cool story.

I think that Covid is essentially just the flu, and that there are other ways to deal with the flu that makes the vaccine unnecessary. But the vaccine=irredeemable isn't really the anti-vax stance.

Dr. Robert Malone is a well known vaccine critic, and he recommends the vaccine for people over 65 with comorbidities. See the previous video @0:25:

Amazing that you’ve written so much but totally avoided the questions asked of you. I get it, it’s uncomfortable confronting conflicts in your internal belief systems.

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: January 14, 2022, 09:10:30 AM »
Ironically a parliamentary system is what we might be headed to in practice.

The delegates elect a president, the general election is really just a suggestion.  It's easy to picture republican controlled states just saying fuck it, we're appointing delegates that vote for our guy no matter what.
That's not really a parliamentary system. A parliamentary system would be one in which the leader of the US is not only elected by Congress, but subject to congressional approval throughout their tenure. This provides, in healthy democracies, a way for the leadership to be indirectly accountable to the electorate (via their elected representatives) at all times, not just on election day. Of course, this would not by itself make a huge difference in the US because of the existing extreme polarisation, but I think the blame for that polarisation rests at least in part with the existing presidential system.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 09:12:19 AM by xasop »
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: January 14, 2022, 10:53:16 AM »
Actually if you watch the video I linked earlier Trump appears to agree with the host that there are risks with the vaccine
Of course there are.
But only in the same way that there are risks taking aspirin, or virtually any medicine.
There are risks in driving.
Or crossing the street.
There is virtually no risk free activity in life.

Are you pretending that you and Trump agree about the vaccine? Your rhetoric has been to highlight the risks, to overstate them, to say how experimental it is, to doubt it's efficacy.
Trump has consistently urged people to get the vaccine, said it's safe and effective.

The trouble for Trump is he is taking credit for Operation Warpspeed, so of course he has to take credit for the vaccine (I think he is justified in taking credit, for the record).
Unfortunately his devoted followers are prone to conspiracy theories and a mistrust of the mainstream. Which has worked pretty well for him in believing his lies about election fraud, but it also means they're believing lots of lies about the vaccine too. So it's a bit of a dilemma for Trump. He wants to take credit for something but in doing so he alienates his own fanbase.

Your reaction is interesting, you seem to be attempting to square the circle and claim that you and Trump are aligned when you're clearly contradicting each other. #OrwellWasRight #DoubleThink

I think that Covid is essentially just the flu
Then you are wrong. How did we end up in a world where people believe that stuff like this is a matter of opinion?
Covid has a significantly higher mortality rate than seasonal flu at every age range. The ICU doctor I spoke to last summer told me that the previous winter his unit was full of people in a way he'd never seen before and many of who died. And he told me that many of the people in his unit were relatively young, people in their 40s and 50s. This is not just the seasonal flu.
That said, I do think some have over-stated the risk for young people. There's a sensible middle ground between "we all need to hide under our beds" and "it's just the flu, nothing to worry about".
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: January 15, 2022, 09:57:20 PM »
https://www.newsweek.com/mike-lindell-claims-banks-want-cut-ties-him-over-reputation-risk-1669781?amp=1

He's just being paranoid, right? I mean, why would any organization not want to be associated with a delusional lunatic trying to dismantle our democracy?
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: January 16, 2022, 02:37:32 PM »
Actually if you watch the video I linked earlier Trump appears to agree with the host that there are risks with the vaccine, which is why he states young and healthy people should not take it.
Of course there are.
But only in the same way that there are risks taking aspirin, or virtually any medicine.
Or crossing the street.

Aside from driving, depending on age, none of those are things young and healthy people shouldn't do.

The ICU doctor I spoke to last summer

Considering that this is perhaps the fifth time you brought up your conversation with an ICU doctor you once had as your source of knowledge we can safely dismiss you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 03:01:40 PM by Tom Bishop »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: January 16, 2022, 03:17:09 PM »
Aside from driving, depending on age, none of those are things young and healthy people shouldn't do.
Irrelevant.

Considering that this is perhaps the fifth time you brought up your conversation with an ICU doctor you once had as your source of knowledge we can safely dismiss you.
Why? Because he’s not saying what you want?

I know it’s on brand of you to dismiss sources which don’t back up what you want to believe, but why is this ICU’s doctor’s experience not valid? He’s been on the front line of this. You haven’t, nor have I.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Rama Set

« Reply #9387 on: January 16, 2022, 04:04:00 PM »
Actually if you watch the video I linked earlier Trump appears to agree with the host that there are risks with the vaccine, which is why he states young and healthy people should not take it.
Of course there are.
Or crossing the street.

The ICU doctor I spoke to last summer

Dismissing first hand accounts. Very Zetetic.

To sum up, Tom doesn’t believe the institutional data and, he doesn’t believe personal accounts unless it is the data and/or accounts that he presents, then “YOU’RE NOT A DOCTOR!” 

« Reply #9388 on: January 16, 2022, 07:54:56 PM »
It's ultimately immaterial what a failed former US president has to say about COVID vaccines,
particularly as he had zero medical qualifications in order to do so, and initially thought—just
like a miracle!—the virus would simply disappear of its own accord.  Estimates of course vary,
but some clinicians have said that Trump's delays and dismissals of the virus's effects were
responsible for upwards of 100,000 avoidable COVID deaths.

The fact that his father Fred paid for Donald's B.S., Economics at Wharton, plus the fact that he
was a draft dodger should've sounded alarm bells from day one of his presidential candidacy.
Trump is an arrogant coward, and an uneducated buffoon, who appeals solely to the gun-toting,
redneck cowboys with double-digit IQs.

If he truly believes he can make a successful run for the presidency in 2024, then I can only presume
he's suffering from early onset dementia. 

Or, just maybe, the 3 Big Macs and fries every day will see him off LOL.

Rama Set

« Reply #9389 on: January 16, 2022, 08:02:09 PM »
It’s not irrelevant what Trump says because a large number of people may act on his words.

« Reply #9390 on: January 16, 2022, 08:52:57 PM »
It’s not irrelevant what Trump says because a large number of people may act on his words.

That's true, but I guess the definition of what a "large number" of people means.  The US has an
eligible voting population of around 240 million individuals, so even if we hypothesised that 10 million
of those voters followed him—absolutely—like a messiah, it wouldn't make all that much difference
to the outcome of a presidential election; certainly not enough to switch that outcome. 

Bear in mind too that only 66% of US eligible voters cast a ballot in the 2020 election, mainly I'd guess
because nobody seriously believed an arrogant, buffoonish real estate salesman and game show host
could become the POTUS in any real world.   2024 will be vastly different as far as voter turnout goes,
as they've now realised it's serious business, and how close Trump came to a second term has woken
them up.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #9391 on: January 16, 2022, 09:15:38 PM »
Correct, but Kangaroony is right that Trump has no medical qualifications to pontificate about this.

What’s funny is watching Trump fans, who hang on his every word, spend all year falling in to anti vax conspiracy theory rabbit holes and then trying to reconcile that with Trump’s clear pro vaccine stance.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9392 on: January 16, 2022, 09:47:42 PM »
Correct, but Kangaroony is right that Trump has no medical qualifications to pontificate about this.

What’s funny is watching Trump fans, who hang on his every word, spend all year falling in to anti vax conspiracy theory rabbit holes and then trying to reconcile that with Trump’s clear pro vaccine stance.

The reconciliation is "I'm anti-Mandate.  So I'm not going to do it because i'm being forced to!"
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline crutonius

• Just a regular guy. No funny business here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9393 on: January 17, 2022, 05:18:47 PM »
I thought the reconciliation is that whenever Trump is praising the vaccine then it's really a body double doing that.

Offline stack

• View Profile
« Reply #9394 on: January 20, 2022, 10:03:08 PM »
Rudy seems to be in more trouble...I guess the intent was to stack pro-Trump electors into the States in contention so that if Pence somehow were to kick the certification votes back to the States on 1/6, they would have a majority pro-Trump vote.

As Giuliani coordinated plan for Trump electoral votes in states Biden won, some electors balked

On Dec. 14, 2020, the day of the electoral college vote, Republican electors convened in the capitals of five states that Joe Biden had won. They declared themselves “duly elected and qualified” and sent signed certificates to Washington purporting to affirm Donald Trump as the actual victor.

The Trump electors gathered in plain sight, assisted by campaign officials and Trump attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani, who said publicly that the rival slates were necessary and appropriate. Internally, Giuliani oversaw the effort, according to former campaign officials and party leaders who, like some others interviewed for this report, spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations. One of the people familiar with the plan said Giuliani was assisted at times by an anchor from the right-wing network One America News.

When the electoral college votes were cast, Trump’s allies claimed that sending rival slates to Washington echoed a move by Democrats in a close race in Hawaii six decades earlier. They said they were merely locking in electors to ensure they would be available if courts determined that Trump had won any of those states. Republican electors in two additional states, Pennsylvania and New Mexico, sent certificates, but those documents explicitly stated that they were to be considered only if the election results were upended.

In ways that were not publicly known until months later, however, the rival slates were leveraged as evidence in last-ditch efforts to give Vice President Mike Pence the ability to reject Biden’s victory when he presided over the electoral vote count in the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021.

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9395 on: January 21, 2022, 02:44:43 AM »
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:56:05 AM by Tom Bishop »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9396 on: January 21, 2022, 06:15:24 AM »

Congratulations.  You just saw a news report on test data.  You know, data used to ensure that a system works properly?
All those values are invalid. 

And none should be in the live system.  Of course they never state its in the live system or if partition 1 is live data or test data.

But still, good job Tom.  Your detective skills are truely Keystone material.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9397 on: February 01, 2022, 08:39:06 AM »
From NPR News
Georgia district attorney calls for FBI security help after Trump's rally comments https://www.npr.org/2022/01/31/1077093027/georgia-district-attorney-calls-for-fbi-security-help-after-trumps-rally-comment?sc=18&f=1001

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9398 on: February 01, 2022, 04:54:10 PM »
Congratulations.  You just saw a news report on test data.

It doesn't say that it's test data. I doubt that anyone would make a presentation to the Wisconsin Assembly about test data.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9399 on: February 01, 2022, 05:26:24 PM »
Congratulations.  You just saw a news report on test data.

It doesn't say that it's test data. I doubt that anyone would make a presentation to the Wisconsin Assembly about test data.
1. Yes, yes they would.
2. Nowhere in that short clip did they mention where they were or where this info was comming from.
3. The poster of said video is not a member of the wisconson assembly. (And is not verified either.)

So pay tell, how you know this is being done there and do you have the entire presentation rather than the minute and a half?

(Oh and wow, you took a long time to reply.... And only when I posted something new.  Amazing.)