Poll

Typhoid Mary refused to believe she carried typhus and continued to work as a cook and nanny

This is okay, she should not have been forcibly isolated.
0 (0%)
The govt should be able to stop people from infecting others.
4 (80%)
Germs aren't real
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: February 09, 2021, 10:04:05 PM

Offline jimster

• View Profile
Typhoid Mary
« on: January 31, 2021, 10:04:05 PM »
Typhoid Mary was forcibly isolated after causing multiple outbreaks of typhus, yet refusing to believe it and continuing to work as cook and nanny.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Mallon

I think this is the same question as "can the govt force you to wear a mask?"
I am really curious about so many FE things, like how at sunset in Denver, people in St Louis see the dome as dark with stars, while people in Salt Lake City see the same dome as light blue. FE scientists don't know or won't tell me.

Re: Typhoid Mary
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 01:34:06 AM »
Typhoid mary is propoganda.  Which is why we know about it at all (sensationalist media).

When things go wrong / people get sick, people expect a scapegoat.  Which the media/state delivers to the bloodthirsty monsters/mob, without any concern for justice whatsoever.  "Just kill the rosenburgs and get back to work", they say. Other times it's "the china flu", as blaming the cause of your ills on an existing "enemy" works particularly well.

Establishing causality is notoriously difficult.  Doing so in a medical context with a pathogen, or perhaps a carrier, is even more so.  No such causality was established with mary, she was simply the one who took the blame (repeatedly).

Offline Dr Van Nostrand

• There may be something to this 'Matrix' stuff...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 05:36:20 PM »
Typhoid mary is propoganda.  Which is why we know about it at all (sensationalist media).

When things go wrong / people get sick, people expect a scapegoat.  Which the media/state delivers to the bloodthirsty monsters/mob, without any concern for justice whatsoever.  "Just kill the rosenburgs and get back to work", they say. Other times it's "the china flu", as blaming the cause of your ills on an existing "enemy" works particularly well.

Establishing causality is notoriously difficult.  Doing so in a medical context with a pathogen, or perhaps a carrier, is even more so.  No such causality was established with mary, she was simply the one who took the blame (repeatedly).

First off, who is the media?
The media is whoever you decide it is.

Second, if you get your world view from the media, you will never know the truth and be screwed up the rest of your life.

If you have no friends, no job, no professional connections in other Industries, if you never go outside, you can make up and believe anything you want and blame everything else on the media.

Those of us in the real world have seen the crowded emergency rooms. We've seen what it's doing to the doctors and nurses we know. We've known people who died and others that got sick.

Just stay in your basement where you are safe from Russian cyber attacks, air pollution, pandemics and Truth.
Round Earther patiently looking for a better deal...

If the world is flat, it means that I have been deceived by a global, multi-generational conspiracy spending trillions of dollars over hundreds of years.
If the world is round, it means that you’re just an idiot who believes stupid crap on the internet.

Offline jimster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 07:09:07 PM »

After reading your quote, I went back and read several independent accounts of Mary Mallon. They had no typhus, then they had it. People tracked it down and they identified Mallon as the common factor. They forced her to give samples and she tested positive. This all seems reasonable to me. Do you think Mallon is fictitious, falsely accused, or what? This is well documented by govt, medical people, newspapers, etc. Nothing about missing records, conflicting accounts, etc. The isolated her and the breakouts stopped.
I am really curious about so many FE things, like how at sunset in Denver, people in St Louis see the dome as dark with stars, while people in Salt Lake City see the same dome as light blue. FE scientists don't know or won't tell me.

Offline JSS

• Math is math!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 08:26:33 PM »

Do you believe anything at all, or is the entire world a vast conspiracy to you?  I have to wonder what event in your life made you decide everyone is plotting against you.

Do you have any actual proof of this particular one, or just saying this is so because you are saying it?