Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
Re: Now Playing (the Video Game Version)
« Reply #220 on: March 20, 2014, 09:03:37 AM »
I don't get the hype around handheld consoles and their games.

Same reason as any other game, I guess? For Link between Worlds, the fact that it was a new Zelda was enough. For Super Smash Bros. It takes me back to the many happy hours I spent playing Melee with my brother and friends.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #221 on: April 01, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »
In between bouts of DS2, I have begun playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, a game that Blanko - fine, I won't say he recommended it, but he endorsed it, at any rate.  It's a lot of fun so far.  I guess I'll say more about it when I play more of it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #222 on: April 01, 2014, 05:18:59 PM »
They just don't seem worth the money to me.

Get a PSP. It will change your life. It's a walking emulator.

Jailbreaking required for maximum fun.

Offline beardo

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 01, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »
No.
The Mastery.

Ghost of V

« Reply #224 on: April 02, 2014, 05:40:57 PM »
I beat MGS V: Ground Zeroes last night. It was an interesting experience to say the least.

Offline Pete Svarrior

• e
  • Planar Moderator
  • (◕˽ ◕ ✿)
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 02, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »
Blanko [...] endorsed it
omg it must be shit and poorly designed
Read the FAQ before asking your question - chances are we already addressed it.
Follow the Flat Earth Society on Twitter and Facebook!

If we are not speculating then we must assume

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 02, 2014, 05:58:37 PM »
I beat MGS V: Ground Zeroes last night.

Well that goes without saying, anyone who's had it for fifteen minutes has beaten it. :P
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Ghost of V

« Reply #227 on: April 02, 2014, 06:33:38 PM »
I beat MGS V: Ground Zeroes last night.

Well that goes without saying, anyone who's had it for fifteen minutes has beaten it. :P

That's an exaggeration. There's actually a lot of optional content that pushes the game well beyond the 5 hour mark if you want to 100% it. Still not much, but it's something. Regardless, I really liked it and I don't feel like I wasted $30. Most people who complain about the length did no optional content and skipped cutscenes. Actually, when I bought it from Gamestop (don't make fun of me), the cashier told me not to buy the game because of the length and I pretty much said something along the lines of "fuck you I do what I want". Then he gave me the case without the disc (new my ass) and I couldn't bring it back until the next day to get the actual game. >_<

I'm in the mood now to give Peace Walker another go.

Also, can't get this song out of my head...

« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 06:38:39 PM by Ghost of V »

Offline Ghost Spaghetti

• Don't look in that mirror. It's absolutely furious
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 03, 2014, 08:00:11 AM »
I watched my brother complete it, I assumed it was just a demo for Phantom Pain, I didn't realise you had to pay full price for it.

Ghost of V

« Reply #229 on: April 04, 2014, 04:40:10 PM »
I watched my brother complete it, I assumed it was just a demo for Phantom Pain, I didn't realise you had to pay full price for it.

$30.

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #230 on: June 19, 2014, 01:45:34 PM »
I've played through Saints Row: The Third and now I'm playing Saints Row IV.  They're good.

I'm also playing Far Cry 3 on the side.  It's good, except for the annoying UI and the incredibly generic, borderline-racist story.  Speaking of which, Ubisoft must have paid attention to all that criticism, because the story for Far Cry 4 is apparently going to be the exact opposite:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/16/far-cry-4-is-far-cry-3s-worst-enemy/

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52264/The-GTA-Online-I-m-Not-a-Hipster-Update-Is-Now-Available

We know many fans have been eagerly awaiting the release of the Online Heists that we had planned to release for you this spring, and they are taking more time to create than originally anticipated. We are very sorry for the delay, and are working hard to bring them to you as soon as we can.

::)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 02:14:43 PM by Saddam Hussein »

Offline Crudblud

• A Moist Delectable Gentleman
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2014, 05:55:40 PM »
Chrono Trigger

Among the greatest JRPGs ever created along with Final Fantasy VI, praise I know some will scoff at. I haven't played it in a few years and it's fun getting back into the hectic pace of the fully active combat system, the crazy group attacks and often unforgiving enemies. It's also notable that the story manages to do time travel without becoming a convoluted mess. And it has a great soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda.

Ghost of V

« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2014, 05:57:03 PM »
Chrono Trigger

Among the greatest JRPGs ever created along with Final Fantasy VI, praise I know some will scoff at. I haven't played it in a few years and it's fun getting back into the hectic pace of the fully active combat system, the crazy group attacks and often unforgiving enemies. It's also notable that the story manages to do time travel without becoming a convoluted mess. And it has a great soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda.

I'd consider Chrono Trigger one of my favorite JRPGs. It changed the genre forever and its still amazingly fun to play after all these years... Chrono Cross is good too, but not nearly as awesome as CT. Of course, this is all coming from someone who prefers Final Fantasy V over both of them.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »
Chrono Trigger

I'd consider Chrono Trigger one of my favorite JRPGs. It changed the genre forever and its still amazingly fun to play after all these years... Chrono Cross is good too, but not nearly as awesome as CT. Of course, this is all coming from someone who prefers Final Fantasy V over both of them.

The only thing I remember about Cross is the combat system is really confusing. I'll have to try it again some time.

Ghost of V

« Reply #234 on: June 23, 2014, 06:02:24 PM »
Chrono Trigger

The only thing I remember about Cross is the combat system is really confusing. I'll have to try it again some time.

That's the biggest flaw with Chrono Cross by far. It gets easier the more you play, and the game is especially easy once you figure out how to exploit the system. The best thing about CC is toward the end when it ties into Chrono Trigger (after about 30-40 hours of gameplay).

Offline spoon

• Foxy wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 23, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »
I just played Banjo Kazooie for the first time in probably 9 years. I got more emotional than I have been in probably months.
inb4 Blanko spoons a literally pizza

Saddam Hussein

« Reply #236 on: June 23, 2014, 09:03:21 PM »
JRPGs aren't good.  Don't play them.

Offline Snupes

• Planar Moderator
  • Counting wolves in your paranoiac intervals
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 23, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »
I want to love and really give Chrono Trigger a chance since it gets endless praise for being God's gift to gaming, but the various times I've tried to start it I can never really get too into it. I generally get around...I don't know, I know you get the frog guy in that one castle and I beat that area and play for a while after, but I never get pulled in.

I will say, the music is amazing. Probably the thing I liked most each time I played.
There are cigarettes in joints. You don't smoke it by itself.

Offline Crudblud

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 23, 2014, 10:28:51 PM »
I want to love and really give Chrono Trigger a chance since it gets endless praise for being God's gift to gaming, but the various times I've tried to start it I can never really get too into it. I generally get around...I don't know, I know you get the frog guy in that one castle and I beat that area and play for a while after, but I never get pulled in.

I will say, the music is amazing. Probably the thing I liked most each time I played.
The first few hours are admittedly a slow burn, but once the time travel mechanic opens up, which is not all that far into the game, shit gets real.

Offline rooster

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2014, 12:16:34 AM »
I just got Psychonauts on Steam so it looks great. I'm seeing details I've never noticed before.