Offline AATW

• View Profile
Re: Coronavirus Vaccine and You
« Reply #360 on: July 27, 2021, 07:27:37 AM »
So you're wrong then. You said that it does not reduce infection or transmission.
No I didn't.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline Tom Bishop

• Zetetic Council Member
  • Flat Earth Believer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 27, 2021, 07:30:01 AM »
Incorrect. You claimed that the vaccine doesn't stop you from catching Covid right here:

The vaccine doesn't stop you catching Covid

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 27, 2021, 07:35:56 AM »
Holy shit! Now you're dishonestly cherry picking from my post. What does the rest say?
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: July 27, 2021, 12:42:00 PM »
The vaccines are Highly Effective™

According to the Royal Navy,
each ship will have a total crew of 679, only increasing to the full complement of 1,600 when the air elements are embarked.
The best vaccines have an effectiveness of around 90%. 90% of a crew of 1600 is 1440, leaving 160 people who would be expected to get sick. As it turns out, 100 is less than 160.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: July 27, 2021, 03:21:19 PM »
^Imagine living in a world where an appeal to numbers makes you right and a greater good could possibly exist.

Are you against facts, and are you promoting selfishness?  Because thats what this statement looks like to me.
I am for facts, more so than you.

Your decided and evident tendency has been historically to believe in and merely echo the majority (i.e., lazy), much like your peanut sitting next to you.

As far as selfishness, I am responsible for me.

No one else is responsible for me.
To be honest I am getting pretty bored of this place.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: July 27, 2021, 03:28:56 PM »
^Imagine living in a world where an appeal to numbers makes you right and a greater good could possibly exist.

Are you against facts, and are you promoting selfishness?  Because thats what this statement looks like to me.

He was a Trump supporter. This tracks.

He's also admitted to being incredibly greedy and selfish in the past (see my sig). So yeah, this is what we're dealing with. This is why we're seeing surging numbers now. Selfish people like Lackey who say fuck the greater good, it's every man for himself. That's what makes it so easy to blame him, his attitude is (at this point) expressly one of extreme selfishness.
Your sig is an indicator of poor reading comprehension.

There is no such thing as the greater good.

Every person is solely responsible for themselves and themselves alone.

I don't want your idiocy anywhere around me.

Like I said, keep blaming me for something that hasn't happened.

I will firmly blame you and the others here for something that has happened, the deaths of my brother-in-law and my sister.

You and the like-minded here, promoting the BS approach in response to this virus.

You are all promoting a lie.

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: July 27, 2021, 03:44:26 PM »
Well, thanks to the Delta surge, the CDC is recommending vaccinated people to start wearing masks indoors again. Thanks, lackey.  ::)
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

Rama Set

« Reply #367 on: July 27, 2021, 03:46:07 PM »

He's also admitted to being incredibly greedy and selfish in the past (see my sig). So yeah, this is what we're dealing with. This is why we're seeing surging numbers now. Selfish people like Lackey who say fuck the greater good, it's every man for himself. That's what makes it so easy to blame him, his attitude is (at this point) expressly one of extreme selfishness.

I will firmly blame you and the others here for something that has happened, the deaths of my brother-in-law and my sister.

You and the like-minded here, promoting the BS approach in response to this virus.

The only BS in the approach was trying to appease both interests. You’re too bitter about your families deaths to admit that. Lockdowns are not BS, but half-assed ones are.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: July 27, 2021, 03:56:12 PM »
Well, thanks to the Delta surge, the CDC is recommending vaccinated people to start wearing masks indoors again. Thanks, lackey.  ::)
They're vaccinated.

Protected.

The mask will protect them and you at the nearly 70 percent failure rate it had the first time.

I will continue to say "you're welcome," every time you thank me for something.

Offline Action80

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: July 27, 2021, 04:01:08 PM »

The only BS in the approach was trying to appease both interests. You’re too bitter about your families deaths to admit that. Lockdowns are not BS, but half-assed ones are.
Full lockdowns are BS too.

Online Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: July 27, 2021, 04:05:42 PM »

I am for facts, more so than you.
Yet you dismiss using numbers as evidence.  Hmmm...  Tell me... Do facts come from inside your head?  Like a mysterious voice?

Your decided and evident tendency has been historically to believe in and merely echo the majority (i.e., lazy), much like your peanut sitting next to you.
Are you the kinda guy who'd jump off a bridge if the majority thought it was a dumb thing to do?

As far as selfishness, I am responsible for me.

No one else is responsible for me.
True, we are responsible for our own actions... Usually. 
However, you are using it in a very selfish way: that you don't have any responsibility to others. Its counter to this thing called society.  For example: if I want to blast loud music next door to your home, would you call the cops?  Because its not the cops job to make you happy, is it?  Its YOUR responsibility to ensure you aren't disturbed by loud music, not mine and not the police.

So what would you do?

If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: July 27, 2021, 04:13:00 PM »
Full lockdowns are BS too.
They have been very effective in Australia who have locked down hard and quickly.
Over here the government have done it so half arsed and so late - after cases were already spiralling out of control - to render them basically useless.

Offline Dr David Thork

• https://onlyfans.com/thork
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: July 27, 2021, 07:06:08 PM »
They have been very effective in Australia who have locked down hard and quickly.
No they haven't. Australia has had problems enforcing them. Just doing a thing isn't the same as doing it well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/25/covid-sydney-police-punish-anti-lockdown-protesters

^This is hardly efficiency. Australians are out punching horses, rather than staying at home locked up.

Rate this post.      👍 6     👎 1

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: July 27, 2021, 08:05:03 PM »
No they haven't.

They've had 922 deaths. We've had over 129,000.
Your witness...

Offline xasop

• Administrator
  • Professional computer somebody
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: July 27, 2021, 08:10:59 PM »
Your witness...
In January and February — just before vaccines started to become generally available, but after the appearance of some more infectious strains — the northern hemiplane had our flu season while Australia was in the middle of summer. There are multiple factors at work here, and while I do agree that lockdowns likely played a big part in reducing the impact, there's more to it than just a difference in lockdown policy.
when you try to mock anyone while also running the flat earth society. Lol

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 27, 2021, 08:14:58 PM »
No they haven't.

Yes they have.
I don't believe our 129,000 number. Died 'with' covid makes this number utter bullshit. We'll never know how many people died 'of' covid, but I suspect it is an embarrassingly small number considering the economic havoc wreaked to prevent the spread.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 08:29:50 PM by Toddler Thork »

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 27, 2021, 08:18:12 PM »
Your witness...
In January and February — just before vaccines started to become generally available, but after the appearance of some more infectious strains — the northern hemiplane had our flu season while Australia was in the middle of summer. There are multiple factors at work here, and while I do agree that lockdowns likely played a big part in reducing the impact, there's more to it than just a difference in lockdown policy.
This is obviously really complicated and you're right, there are multiple factors - Australia have a low population density, they're less of an international hub than the UK. But their numbers are orders of magnitude better than ours and I know from friends who live there that they lockdown at the first sign of a rise in infections. They seem to have handled this significantly better than our idiots.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 27, 2021, 08:21:10 PM »
I don't believe our 129,000 number. Died 'with' covid makes this number utter bullshit. We'll never know how many people died 'of' covid, but I suspect it is an embarrassingly small number considering the economic havoc reeked to prevent the spread.
[/quote]

Here are the excess deaths over the average over the last winter - this is from all causes and is compared with the average

So something was killing a lot more people than the average.

Offline Dr David Thork

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 27, 2021, 08:31:58 PM »
How about cancelling all their operations and cancer treatements?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/31/patients-in-limbo-after-cancelled-cancer-surgery-as-covid-delays-nhs-care

The NHS has probably killed 129,000 people. I'm not sure covid has.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 27, 2021, 08:36:49 PM »
How about cancelling all their operations and cancer treatements?
There will be certainly be a long term impact of this. And there's a debate to be had about whether it was worth it.
But no, that doesn't explain the immediate rise in deaths. One bloke the article quotes - who, you may note, is alive - says as much:

“The surgery was rebooked for 5 January but was again cancelled the day before. My oncologist told me that all [non-emergency] surgery is now cancelled indefinitely,” said the man, who asked to remain anonymous.
“Without this surgery my cancer may grow, spread or become untreatable, in which case I will be dead within the next few years.”