kasai

Now I myself am a Flat-Earther, and as this being my first post on the forums, I would like to debunk curvature since every round-earther says, "The Earth is too big to notice a curvature", which makes no since. If the Earth is 25,000 miles in circumference there must exist a curvature drop of 8 inches, times the mile when you square the mile. 1 mile should equal an 8 inch curvature drop, which would be 1 squared times 8 which would equal 8. 2 miles for instance, 2 miles squared (2x2) equals 4 then times 8 would equal 32 inches of curvature. 3 miles, 3 squared times 8 would equal 72 inches in curvature and so on. So yes you should be able to notice a curvature within our horizon, which is indeed flat. Bill Nye in a video has said, the bottom of a ship will disappear first meaning there is a curvature, but if you go to a beach and watch a ship disappear than pull of you binoculars and zoom in past the horizon you should see the ship. If there was a curvature, you shouldn't be able to see the ship because the curve would have already gone over it. Ladies and Gentleman its all about perspective. I rest my case. The curvature has been debunked.

Why they would keep this a secret?

Boom Antarctic Treaty

The Antarctic Treaty
The Antarctic Treaty and related agreements, collectively known as the Antarctic Treaty System (ATS), regulate international relations with respect to Antarctica, Earth's only continent without a native human population. For the purposes of the treaty system, Antarctica is defined as all of the land and ice shelves south of 60°S latitude. The treaty entered into force in 1961 and currently has 53 parties.[2] The treaty sets aside Antarctica as a scientific preserve, establishes freedom of scientific investigation and bans military activity on the continent. The treaty was the first arms control agreement established during the Cold War. Since September 2004, the Antarctic Treaty Secretariat headquarters has been located in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Articles of Treaty
Article 1 – The area is to be used for peaceful purposes only; military activity, such as weapons testing, is prohibited but military personnel and equipment may be used for scientific research or any other peaceful purpose;
Article 2 – Freedom of scientific investigations and cooperation shall continue;
Article 3 – Free exchange of information and personnel in cooperation with the United Nations and other international agencies;
Article 4 – The treaty does not recognize, dispute, nor establish territorial sovereignty claims; no new claims shall be asserted while the treaty is in force;
Article 5 – The treaty prohibits nuclear explosions or disposal of radioactive wastes;
Article 6 – Includes under the treaty all land and ice shelves but not the surrounding waters south of 60 degrees 00 minutes south;
Article 7 – Treaty-state observers have free access, including aerial observation, to any area and may inspect all stations, installations, and equipment; advance notice of all activities and of the introduction of military personnel must be given;
Article 8 – Allows for good jurisdiction over observers and scientists by their own states;
Article 9 – Frequent consultative meetings take place among member nations;
Article 10 – All treaty states will discourage activities by any country in Antarctica that are contrary to the treaty;
Article 11 – All disputes to be settled peacefully by the parties concerned or, ultimately, by the International Court of Justice;
Articles 12, 13, 14 – Deal with upholding, interpreting, and amending the treaty among involved nations.

The main objective of the ATS is to ensure in the interests of all humankind that Antarctica shall continue forever to be used exclusively for peaceful purposes and shall not become the scene or object of international discord. Pursuant to Article 1, the treaty forbids any measures of a military nature, but not the presence of military personnel or equipment for the purposes of scientific research.

Legal System
Antarctica currently has no permanent population and therefore it has no citizenship nor government. All personnel present on Antarctica at any time are citizens or nationals of some sovereignty outside Antarctica, as there is no Antarctic sovereignty. The majority of Antarctica is claimed by one or more countries, but most countries do not explicitly recognize those claims. The area on the mainland between 90 degrees west and 150 degrees west is the only major land on Earth not claimed by any country.[19] Until 2015 the interior of the Norwegian Sector, the extent of which had never been officially defined,[20] was considered to be unclaimed. That year, Norway formally laid claim to the area between its Queen Maud Land and the South Pole.[21]
Governments that are party to the Antarctic Treaty and its Protocol on Environmental Protection implement the articles of these agreements, and decisions taken under them, through national laws. These laws generally apply only to their own citizens, wherever they are in Antarctica, and serve to enforce the consensus decisions of the consultative parties: about which activities are acceptable, which areas require permits to enter, what processes of environmental impact assessment must precede activities, and so on. The Antarctic Treaty is often considered to represent an example of the common heritage of mankind principle.

United States Law
The law of the United States, including certain criminal offences by or against U.S. nationals, such as murder, may apply to areas not under jurisdiction of other countries. To this end, the United States now stations special deputy U.S. Marshals in Antarctica to provide a law enforcement presence.[24]
Some U.S. laws directly apply to Antarctica. For example, the Antarctic Conservation Act, Public Law 95-541, 16 U.S.C. § 2401 et seq., provides civil and criminal penalties for the following activities, unless authorized by regulation or statute:
the taking of native Antarctic mammals or birds
the introduction into Antarctica of non-indigenous plants and animals
entry into specially protected or scientific areas
the discharge or disposal of pollutants into Antarctica or Antarctic waters
the importation into the U.S. of certain items from Antarctica

And with all of these facts, your gonna trust these random guys you don’t know that are walking around with a PHD and listen to people from an American Space Agency tell you the Earth is flat yet all they have is composited images of Earth that is changed like every year. No.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 07:09:46 PM by kasai »

Offline Parallax

• Disciple of Dr Rowbotham
    • View Profile
Re: Flat Earth Math, and what you should see, shall the Earth be round
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2018, 04:19:41 PM »
Dr Rowbotham proved that the earth is a flat plane with the Bedford level experiment. He also explained why ships hulls disappear before the mast.

kasai

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2018, 04:24:00 PM »
Dr Rowbotham proved that the earth is a flat plane with the Bedford level experiment. He also explained why ships hulls disappear before the mast.
Agreed.

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 04:26:49 PM »
Agreed.
It's funny actually, round d earth heretics say that the ship's hull disappearing 'proves' that earth is flat, but look through binoculars, like you've said and... there is the hull. If earth was round and you looked through binoculars, you wouldn't be able to see the hull.

kasai

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 04:32:18 PM »
Agreed.
It's funny actually, round d earth heretics say that the ship's hull disappearing 'proves' that earth is flat, but look through binoculars, like you've said and... there is the hull. If earth was round and you looked through binoculars, you wouldn't be able to see the hull.
I find it very funny that schools show Bill Nye, and Bill Nye's claim was that the hull disappears due to curvature, but when doing this experiment it doesn't, because it's all perspective. Another reason round-earthers are being brainwashed through media.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 05:40:36 PM »
Agreed.
Nah.

Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 05:46:50 PM »
More recently we have proved the earth is round.

Offline Frocious

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 05:52:02 PM »

And by actual Doctors, no less!

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 06:17:40 PM »
Agreed.
Nah.
It's called a vanishing point. Obviously you are unaware that the further something gets, the smaller it is.

Who has? Corrupt governments hiding the truth? NASA keeping stock of its massive yearly budget? There is no proof, its flat. The maths don't add up to a round world.

And by actual Doctors, no less!
You keep saying that, Dr Rowbothams work was revolutionary, proved by the fact people like you are debating it now rather than ignoring what you are claiming to be a load of rubbish.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 06:22:02 PM by Parallax »

Macarios

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 06:18:47 PM »
Now I myself am a Flat-Earther, and as this being my first post on the forums, I would like to debunk curvature since every round-earther says, "The Earth is too big to notice a curvature", which makes no since. If the Earth is 25,000 miles in circumference there must exist a curvature drop of 8 inches, times the mile when you square the mile. 1 mile should equal an 8 inch curvature drop, which would be 1 squared times 8 which would equal 8. 2 miles for instance, 2 miles squared (2x2) equals 4 then times 8 would equal 32 inches of curvature. 3 miles, 3 squared times 8 would equal 72 inches in curvature and so on. So yes you should be able to notice a curvature within our horizon, which is indeed flat. Bill Nye in a video has said, the bottom of a ship will disappear first meaning there is a curvature, but if you go to a beach and watch a ship disappear than pull of you binoculars and zoom in past the horizon you should see the ship. If there was a curvature, you shouldn't be able to see the ship because the curve would have already gone over it. Ladies and Gentleman its all about perspective. I rest my case. The curvature has been debunked.

You are right about some RE-ers being wrong.
One can see the curvature, but not the curvature of horizon.
Horizon is at the same distance all the way around, and looks like horizontal hula-hoop around your head at the eye level.
Curve can be seen not in the horizon, but in the line that connects you with the horizon.
After the horizon that line drops below it.

About "8 inch per number of miles squared", what it calculates is drop below observer's local horizontal, not below the line of sight.
Line of sight is going lower, unless your eye is directly at the sea level.
If your eye is 6 feet above, your horizon will be at 3 miles away.
Your 32*8 inch will only be below horizontal line drawn from your standing point, not below your line of sight.
And it is only "accurate enough" for distances less than some 100-ish miles.
See the diagram at the bottom of this page:
https://www.metabunk.org/curve/
There you can see the difference between "drop" and "hidden".

"Dr" Rowbotham did it few times, but each time he waited for convenient refraction, based on temperature distribution on air layers.
When Wallace circumvent that with poles above the water, Rowbotham's "proof" fell apart.
Henry Yule Oldham later repeated the experiment, showing that on Old Bedford there is curve.
The noted naturalist and qualified surveyor Alfred Russel Wallace accepted the wager. Wallace, by virtue of his surveyor's training and knowledge of physics,
avoided the errors of the preceding experiments and won the bet. The crucial steps were to (1) set a sight line 13 feet (4 m) above the water, and thereby reduce the effects
of atmospheric refraction and (2) add a pole in the middle that could be used to see the "bump" caused by the curvature of the earth between the two end points.
(from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment)

It's funny actually, round earth heretics say that the ship's hull disappearing 'proves'

Yes. The word "heretics" is the key here. Some people try to return the Dogma.
And some don't even understand the difference between three models:
1 - Flat model - abandoned 2500 years ago
2 - Geocentrism - Biblical model (ask priests in church), abandoned 400 years ago
3 - Heloicentrism

that earth is flat, but look through binoculars, like you've said and... there is the hull. If earth was round and you looked through binoculars, you wouldn't be able to see the hull.

To bring hull back, the boat has to be small enough to look like disappearing behind horizon while still being close enough.
Big ocean liner can't be brought back into view this way.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 06:24:51 PM »
It's called a vanishing point. Obviously you are unaware that the further something gets, the smaller it is.
One time I did wonder why a frisbee kept getting bigger, then it hit me...
Amazingly, I have managed to work out by now that objects get smaller as they go away from me.
What they don't do, on a flat plane, is disappear from the bottom first.
Your claim was that a ship's hull can be restored, the video I posted shows that to be bunk. The sailing boat disappears hull first over the curve of the earth till you can only see the top of the sail.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"

Offline StinkyOne

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »

You should just stop - you are destroying flat Earthism. A vanishing point is a term used in art, but you are obviously unaware of that. Tell me, if it is so far away that it is starting to vanish, why does it only vanish in one dimension? Shouldn't it also vanish horizontally? lol, this is too easy.

You keep saying that, Dr Rowbothams work was revolutionary, proved by the fact people like you are debating it now rather than ignoring what you are claiming to be salad of rubbish.

You are aware Rowbotham wasn't a Dr., right? He was, however, a conman since he called himself a Dr. and ran some life-extending gimmick.
I saw a video where a pilot was flying above the sun.
-Terry50

Offline Parallax

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2018, 06:29:23 PM »
One time I did wonder why a frisbee kept getting bigger, then it hit me...
Amazingly, I have managed to work out by now that objects get smaller as they go away from me.
What they don't do, on a flat plane, is disappear from the bottom first.
Your claim was that a ship's hull can be restored, the video I posted shows that to be bunk. The sailing boat disappears hull first over the curve of the earth till you can only see the top of the sail.
Read the chapter from Dr Rowbothams book, he does experiments to prove that the earth is flat. I'd explain it here, but you need the diagrams. And it would do you some good to read the work of a revolutionary figure.

kasai

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2018, 06:32:43 PM »

You should just stop - you are destroying flat Earthism. A vanishing point is a term used in art, but you are obviously unaware of that. Tell me, if it is so far away that it is starting to vanish, why does it only vanish in one dimension? Shouldn't it also vanish horizontally? lol, this is too easy.

You keep saying that, Dr Rowbothams work was revolutionary, proved by the fact people like you are debating it now rather than ignoring what you are claiming to be salad of rubbish.

You are aware Rowbotham wasn't a Dr., right? He was, however, a conman since he called himself a Dr. and ran some life-extending gimmick.
So your saying one needs to be a doctor and they're automatically right? I don't need someone with a PHD walking on this Earth telling me that the Earth is round. A PHD is not needed to see a flat earth. I don't know about you but mainstream science has been brain washing us for years telling our children we travel around a ball, and there is this magical force call gravity pulling us down. I don't need to be a Dr., and neither does Dr. Rowbotham need to be a doctor to understand that the Earth is flat. Doctor is a title, it doesn't make you a god. Stop treating doctors and people with PHDS like gods, they're regular human beings. Mainstream science has brainwashed you.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2018, 06:39:25 PM »
I don't know about you but mainstream science has been brain washing us for years telling our children we travel around a ball, and there is this magical force call gravity pulling us down.

Why? Why would they do that?
And I think the point about Rowbotham is Parallax - who is clearly a troll - keeps calling calling Rowbothan "Dr" presumably to give him some credibility when he has none.

kasai

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2018, 06:42:37 PM »

You are right about some RE-ers being wrong.
One can see the curvature, but not the curvature of horizon.
Horizon is at the same distance all the way around, and looks like horizontal hula-hoop around your head at the eye level.
Curve can be seen not in the horizon, but in the line that connects you with the horizon.
After the horizon that line drops below it.

About "8 inch per number of miles squared", what it calculates is drop below observer's local horizontal, not below the line of sight.
Line of sight is going lower, unless your eye is directly at the sea level.
If your eye is 6 feet above, your horizon will be at 3 miles away.
Your 32*8 inch will only be below horizontal line drawn from your standing point, not below your line of sight.
And it is only "accurate enough" for distances less than some 100-ish miles.
See the diagram at the bottom of this page:
https://www.metabunk.org/curve/
There you can see the difference between "drop" and "hidden".

"Dr" Rowbotham did it few times, but each time he waited for convenient refraction, based on temperature distribution on air layers.
When Wallace circumvent that with poles above the water, Rowbotham's "proof" fell apart.
Henry Yule Oldham later repeated the experiment, showing that on Old Bedford there is curve.
The noted naturalist and qualified surveyor Alfred Russel Wallace accepted the wager. Wallace, by virtue of his surveyor's training and knowledge of physics,
avoided the errors of the preceding experiments and won the bet. The crucial steps were to (1) set a sight line 13 feet (4 m) above the water, and thereby reduce the effects
of atmospheric refraction and (2) add a pole in the middle that could be used to see the "bump" caused by the curvature of the earth between the two end points.
(from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bedford_Level_experiment)

It's funny actually, round earth heretics say that the ship's hull disappearing 'proves'

Yes. The word "heretics" is the key here. Some people try to return the Dogma.
And some don't even understand the difference between three models:
1 - Flat model - abandoned 2500 years ago
2 - Geocentrism - Biblical model (ask priests in church), abandoned 400 years ago
3 - Heloicentrism

that earth is flat, but look through binoculars, like you've said and... there is the hull. If earth was round and you looked through binoculars, you wouldn't be able to see the hull.

To bring hull back, the boat has to be small enough to look like disappearing behind horizon while still being close enough.
Big ocean liner can't be brought back into view this way.

Your link shows a dip in the horizon, the horizon is clearly flat when looking at it. 3 miles say 10 feet of VISIBLE curvature or your link, It's clearly not there though when looking at the horizon.

kasai

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2018, 06:46:40 PM »
I don't know about you but mainstream science has been brain washing us for years telling our children we travel around a ball, and there is this magical force call gravity pulling us down.

And I think the point about Rowbotham is Parallax - who is clearly a troll - keeps calling calling Rowbothan "Dr" presumably to give him some credibility when he has none.
I don't know why, but I do know that the same people that are telling you that the Earth is round are also the same people telling you that Climate Change is real.

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2018, 06:50:46 PM »

I don't know why, but I do know that the same people that are telling you that the Earth is round are also the same people telling you that Climate Change is real.
And why would they be lying about Climate Change?
Maybe you should stop reading "Tin Foil Hat Monthly", fella.

Offline xenotolerance

• byeeeeeee
    • View Profile
    • flat Earth visualization
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2018, 06:53:30 PM »
Pretty sure kasai and parallax are alts, possibly the same person as Treep, who I had suspected was SexPlanet. Not super important

Anyway the OP is incorrect; as stated already, curvature is observed in the line from a person to the horizon, and in the fact that the horizon appears at all. The rest is waste

I refer anyone who hasn't read it to the Burden of Proof thread linked to in my signature. Kasai and parallax illustrate the problem super well: after a brief disagreement about curvature, the argument tilts towards science being untrustworthy and people being brainwashed, but none of it actually matters, at all. It's a pointless diversion from the actual problem: We have photos of the planet that show its true shape, and these cats deny the photos are real.

Discussing curvature and perspective is neat and fun, but if you want to talk brainwashing, let's get to the point

Macarios

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2018, 07:05:22 PM »
Your link shows a dip in the horizon, the horizon is clearly flat when looking at it. 3 miles say 10 feet of VISIBLE curvature or your link, It's clearly not there though when looking at the horizon.

Nope.
Diagram shows curvature in the line from observer to horizon and beyond.
One horizontal is "eye level" from eye towards target.
Another horizontal is "surface level" from observer's standing point towards the target.
Third line is not horizontal, it is line of sight from eye towards horizon and beyond, tilted little down.
Horizon itself is not seen in the picture as line, it is perpendicular to the screen at the marking "X", labeled with "horizon".
It is the place where line of sight meets the top of the bulge all around the observer.

EDIT: Drag the "eye" dot up and down and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 07:10:59 PM by Macarios »