Offline markjo

• Zetetic Council runner-up
    • View Profile
Re: Antarctica
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2014, 11:17:39 PM »
I see, so you admit that I was right.
???  What gave you that impression?
Abandon hope all ye who press enter here.

Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. -- Charles Darwin

If you can't demonstrate it, then you shouldn't believe it.

Offline feynman

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2014, 11:20:57 PM »
Also, if Antarctica is surrounding a flat Earth, then, it must have a minimum ice thickness, so what about global warming ???
I, for one, disagree with the global warming denialists out here. The Ice Wall isn't literally all made of ice. It's a bunch of rocks thoroughly covered with ice. If the ice caps ever melt completely, we'll be left with a significantly smaller but equally effective stone wall.
Well, why not.......

Ghost of V

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2014, 11:31:03 PM »
No "plot" yelling involved. There are numerous resources online that give you the facts about global warming, and it all adds up to:  BS.

Don't believe everything you hear on the news.
So... what is the truth for you ? Hope i haven't been to rude, it's just that i'm a scientist and i like to have clear views and want to hear new arguments not just "scientists are liar, everybody's wrong". I'm ready to reconsider my point of view, only if you propose me an objective alternative.

Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout history. This is easily verified by a few simple Google searches. Global warming, the term and the science associated with it, is all pseudo-science and fear-mongering. Simply put, there has been no catastrophic warming recorded in recent times that hasn't been observed in the past. This is the natural way of things. Temp gradually decreases over time, then suddenly increases in bursts. This is mostly due to universal acceleration accelerating the Earth through different parts of space overtime. The notion that this 'warming' is caused by humanity is also equally absurd.

In fact no, changes are much much more faster now ! I advise you to watch this video :)

Evidence presented via NASA charts. Very reliable.

Also, the sun glasses aren't helping his case.

Rama Set

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2014, 02:20:37 AM »
No "plot" yelling involved. There are numerous resources online that give you the facts about global warming, and it all adds up to:  BS.

Don't believe everything you hear on the news.
So... what is the truth for you ? Hope i haven't been to rude, it's just that i'm a scientist and i like to have clear views and want to hear new arguments not just "scientists are liar, everybody's wrong". I'm ready to reconsider my point of view, only if you propose me an objective alternative.

Significant changes in climate have continually occurred throughout history. This is easily verified by a few simple Google searches. Global warming, the term and the science associated with it, is all pseudo-science and fear-mongering. Simply put, there has been no catastrophic warming recorded in recent times that hasn't been observed in the past. This is the natural way of things. Temp gradually decreases over time, then suddenly increases in bursts. This is mostly due to universal acceleration accelerating the Earth through different parts of space overtime. The notion that this 'warming' is caused by humanity is also equally absurd.

In fact no, changes are much much more faster now ! I advise you to watch this video :)

Evidence presented via NASA charts. Very reliable.

Also, the sun glasses aren't helping his case.

Vauxhall giving a master class in critical thinking.