Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump
« Reply #4280 on: August 18, 2019, 10:06:13 AM »
Pa. Workers Forced To Choose Between Watching Trump, No Pay Or Using Paid Time Off https://n.pr/2YZheVF

Watch Trump paint this as so many supporters....

Also his comment:
If your Union won't support me, they aren't doing their job.

Imagine Pelosi saying that.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #4281 on: August 18, 2019, 09:37:11 PM »

Just another example of the racism of Trump and conservatives as a whole...

totallackey

« Reply #4282 on: August 19, 2019, 12:59:06 PM »
Pa. Workers Forced To Choose Between Watching Trump, No Pay Or Using Paid Time Off https://n.pr/2YZheVF

Also his comment:

I can't imagine Pelosi saying that and coming across as honest while she is uttering the words.

But that is pretty much par for the course when she talks anyway.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: August 19, 2019, 02:27:36 PM »

Also his comment:

I can't imagine Pelosi saying that and coming across as honest while she is uttering the words.

Yes, she wouldn't be honest about it.  Which is a plus.  Tump, however, believed it 100%.  I realize you WANT Trump to rule you but the rest of us do not want him to be absolute president for life.
If you are going to DebOOonK an expert then you have to at least provide a source with credentials of equal or greater relevance. Even then, it merely shows that some experts disagree with each other.

totallackey

« Reply #4284 on: August 19, 2019, 03:51:43 PM »

Also his comment:

Yes, she wouldn't be honest about it.  Which is a plus.  Tump, however, believed it 100%.  I realize you WANT Trump to rule you but the rest of us do not want him to be absolute president for life.
Why shouldn't he believe it?

Other candidates have virtually stated oil/gas/coal are evil.

TrumP? Has deregulated and now the businesses are booming. Even the union rep said as much.

Well, I doubt you have any legitimate reason to worry about that.

Why adopt the Bill Maher take...that dufus has been so wrong about everything the last two years it is ridiculous.

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: August 19, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »

Also his comment:

Why shouldn't he believe it?

Other candidates have virtually stated oil/gas/coal are evil.

TrumP? Has deregulated and now the businesses are booming. Even the union rep said as much.

Well, I doubt you have any legitimate reason to worry about that.

Why adopt the Bill Maher take...that dufus has been so wrong about everything the last two years it is ridiculous.
Because a union rep should represent his people, not support a presidential candidate?
Like seriously, he was saying "Your Union isn't doing its job unless it supports me.  Because its job is to support me, not you."

Fossil fuels aren't evil.  Just like flesh eating bacteria or gamma rays aren't evil.  Doesn't mean they're good for you.

Yes, when you tell businesses they don't need to worry about worker or environmental safety, they tend to ramp up production.  Almost as though they wanna get as much cheap work in as possible before shit hits the fan again.

Do I not?  Did every other citizen of a fascist regime say the same thing?

I don't follow or care about what Bill Maher says.

Offline honk

• resident goose
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: August 19, 2019, 05:54:38 PM »
Bill Maher is an obnoxious boor who has never contributed anything of value to the national discourse, and politically could best be described as a centrist. I don't know why conservatives and pro-Trumpers keep invoking him as a seeming tu quoque against liberals which we must then struggle to reconcile. I'd be perfectly happy for his stupid show to be canceled and him to fuck off into obscurity.
ur retartet but u donut even no it and i walnut tell u y

Offline Roundy

• Abdicator of the Zetetic Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: August 19, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »
Yeah, Bill Maher is kind of a blowhard. I don't pay any attention to what he says personally.
Dr. Frank is a physicist. He says it's impossible. So it's impossible.
My friends, please remember Tom said this the next time you fall into the trap of engaging him, and thank you. :)

totallackey

« Reply #4288 on: August 20, 2019, 10:39:13 AM »
Because a union rep should represent his people, not support a presidential candidate?
I agree and so did the union rep.

He said that Trump is doing good for his workers.
Like seriously, he was saying "Your Union isn't doing its job unless it supports me.  Because its job is to support me, not you."
Told the truth.

Undeniable.

Even the steelworkers realize the good he is doing for the union and their jobs.
Fossil fuels aren't evil.  Just like flesh eating bacteria or gamma rays aren't evil.  Doesn't mean they're good for you.
Yeah they are good for me and everyone I know.

They allow me to enjoy a warm environment to get to work.

And a warm environment in which to sleep.

They also provide necessary energy for doctors to use to combat the flesh eating bacteria and build shelter against those dangerous gamma rays.
Yes, when you tell businesses they don't need to worry about worker or environmental safety, they tend to ramp up production.  Almost as though they wanna get as much cheap work in as possible before shit hits the fan again.
No one has told any company or worker they do not need to worry about worker or environmental safety.

More companies today than ever before have a health and safety department/officer in place. More workers at these companies are more aware of various environmental/safety standards such as MSDS and OSHA standards.

Workplace deaths were higher in 2016 than 2017.
Do I not?  Did every other citizen of a fascist regime say the same thing?
For clarity, you are a citizen of a fascist regime?
I don't follow or care about what Bill Maher says.
Ok.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 12:27:01 PM by totallackey »

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: August 20, 2019, 08:01:52 PM »
I agree and so did the union rep.

He said that Trump is doing good for his workers.

Told the truth.

Undeniable.

Even the steelworkers realize the good he is doing for the union and their jobs.
First, you're missing the point.
Second...
Well, yeah.  By deregulating + tax cuts, the company is more profitable and thus can expand.  Plus the tariffs.

Yeah they are good for me and everyone I know.

They allow me to enjoy a warm environment to get to work.

And a warm environment in which to sleep.
Electric heaters exist.

They also provide necessary energy for doctors to use to combat the flesh eating bacteria and build shelter against those dangerous gamma rays.
Sure, fossil fuels are super portable and have a high energy density.

Now, suck the exhaust and tell me its good for you.

You also noted only short term use but fail to account for long term effects.

No one has told any company or worker they do not need to worry about worker or environmental safety.
https://www.brookings.edu/interactives/tracking-deregulation-in-the-trump-era/
Methane and Waste prevention rule: Removed.  Trump's administration telling oil companies that they can let loose methane gas during drilling.

Stream Protection Rule
A rule set to stop surface mining within 100 feet of streams and disallow mineral dumping.  Rule removed by Trump.

Power Plant Water Pollution Rule
Partially recinded to allow higher levels of toxic pollutants into the water.

Record of Injury Rule
Rule clarifyiong that employers have an obligation to track injuries on the job.  Trump nullified it.

Pre-Shift Mining Examinations Rule
Modified so mines can do it at the start of work, not tell their miners the results, and don't need to verify that a competent person performed the check.

You were saying?

More companies today than ever before have a health and safety department/officer in place. More workers at these companies are more aware of various environmental/safety standards such as MSDS and OSHA standards.

Workplace deaths were higher in 2016 than 2017.
Yes because everyone listens to OSHA reps...  ::)
Seriously, go ask coal miners how safety is.  Plenty of mines lacked even basic safety equipment and were fined many times.

Also, 0.1% of a change is not statistically significant.

For clarity, you are a citizen of a fascist regime?
Not yet but its going that way.

totallackey

« Reply #4290 on: August 21, 2019, 06:27:43 AM »
Our Glorious business minded leader has begun to fuck us up.

Dow Tumbles More Than 600 Points As Bond Markets Signal Recession https://n.pr/2KPut1h

As evidence, he backs up on some of his Tariffs until right before Christmas, ya know, cause the stocks dropped like a god damn rock, partly due to him.

I hate myself for hoping the economy tanks before the next election... but that's where I am now.  Any fucking thing that helps get him out.
Yeah, Bill Maher is kind of a blowhard. I don't pay any attention to what he says personally.

For not personally paying attention to what Maher says, it seems you mimic him a lot.

Never mind the point that you are rooting for ill will against the people you claim to be helping. A recession would harm the average Joe the most.

totallackey

« Reply #4291 on: August 21, 2019, 09:31:15 AM »

Overall, a beneficial effect on the US

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: August 21, 2019, 10:12:48 AM »

Yes, economically.  Less so for, well, everything else.

totallackey

« Reply #4293 on: August 21, 2019, 10:23:43 AM »

Actually no, overall no deleterious effect in any aspect.

Like cheering on a recession, the critique is "hoping," for some "disaster."

A proper stance for the supposed, "party of the people."

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: August 21, 2019, 10:32:09 AM »

I literally quoted half a dozen regulation reversals that will cause issues to either people or the environment.  Did not read it?

What you think surface miners are gonna avoid streams anyway?

totallackey

« Reply #4295 on: August 21, 2019, 10:46:33 AM »

I literally quoted half a dozen regulation reversals that will cause issues to either people or the environment.  Did not read it?

Of course I am familiar with them.

Like I wrote earlier, nothing offered up except the:

"OMG!!!...this regulation is gone!!!...it will harm us or the environment!!!"

In response:

"How?"

In response:

"Are you blind!?!?!...Because it is gone, that's how!!!...who needs numbers!?!?!"

Kinda like Joe Biden: "We care about the truth and not facts..."

What kinda streams?

The kind that form after a downpour and then disappear an hour later?

Income streams?

Rama Set

« Reply #4296 on: August 21, 2019, 11:13:31 AM »
Wow, do you actually think rainwater never makes it in to drinking water?

Offline Lord Dave

• Grumpy old man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: August 21, 2019, 11:37:02 AM »

In response:

"How?"

In response:

"Are you blind!?!?!...Because it is gone, that's how!!!...who needs numbers!?!?!"

What kinda streams?

Income streams?

How: by allowing X company to pollute rivers, streams, and the air, they will.  How many is unknown since every company isn't going to publish how much crap they're dumping in the local water supply.

But since you are incapable of understanding what streams..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream

totallackey

« Reply #4298 on: August 21, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »

In response:

"How?"

In response:

What kinda streams?

Income streams?

How: by allowing X company to pollute rivers, streams, and the air, they will.  How many is unknown since every company isn't going to publish how much crap they're dumping in the local water supply.

But since you are incapable of understanding what streams..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stream
So, since the regulations of which you so fondly write were so effective in preventing: Exxon Valdiz, Deepwater Horizon, et.al.,

why should anyone be convinced their removal would be so much more harmful?

Offline AATW

• View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: August 21, 2019, 12:48:04 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49367792

Trump wants to buy Greenland but Denmark told him to go away.
And now he's cancelled a trip to Denmark because they won't sell him Greenland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49416740

Honestly, you couldn't make this shit up.
Tom: "Claiming incredulity is a pretty bad argument. Calling it "insane" or "ridiculous" is not a good argument at all."

TFES Wiki Occam's Razor page, by Tom: "What's the simplest explanation; that NASA has successfully designed and invented never before seen rocket technologies from scratch which can accelerate 100 tons of matter to an escape velocity of 7 miles per second"