Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
Sun and Moon shape
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:15 PM »
So, I'm kinda new to the flat earth theory, and have many questions.
In the FE model, I understand that the sun and Moon are smaller and closer than that of the spherical model, but is the sun a point optical source or a spherical optical source?
I've heard differing opinions among the various videos on YouTube.

Can someone let me know the correct "shape" of the sun and Moon in the FE model?
Thanks.

Re: Sun and Moon shape
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 04:02:12 PM »
The other "opinions" were posted on youtube by well-intentioned users, who have never had to test their hypotheses in real time debates, as I have done. The data in the official faq has been proven to be wrong in regard to the sun's diameter, shape and orbiting altitude.

Here is the correct FET solar data:

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4429.msg86732#msg86732

geckothegeek

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 05:17:14 PM »
In the FE model, I understand that the sun and Moon are smaller and closer than that of the spherical model, but is the sun a point optical source or a spherical optical source?

Can someone let me know the correct "shape" of the sun and Moon in the FE model?
Thanks.

Your best source would be from an astronomical observatory. They welcome questions such as this. But if you are a confirmed flat earther, forget it. You would probably say they are liars, demons, demon possessed, satanics,  satan worshippers and part of the "Great Round Earth Conspiracy" to conceal the fact that the earth is flat.

But if you are not a flat earth believer you would find astronomical observatories to be a great source of information such as the correct size, shape and distance from the earth of the sun and the moon.

FE can give you their fantasy version.

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »
Your best source would be from an astronomical observatory.

Exactly.

Here is something even better: real time videos and photographs of the solar/lunar ISS/Atlantis transits:

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=3838.msg81131#msg81131

Offline Pongo

• Most Educated Flat-Earther
  • Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 04:04:24 AM »
Macca, if you are looking for your post, I moved it here:

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=4474.0

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 07:07:07 AM »

Thanks.

Your best source would be from an astronomical observatory. They welcome questions such as this. But if you are a confirmed flat earther, forget it. You would probably say they are liars, demons, demon possessed, satanics,  satan worshippers and part of the "Great Round Earth Conspiracy" to conceal the fact that the earth is flat.

But if you are not a flat earth believer you would find astronomical observatories to be a great source of information such as the correct size, shape and distance from the earth of the sun and the moon.

Such coarse statements.

Scientists, astronomers, astrophysicists alike have all been misled just as the general population.

You are making blanket statements within your argument that do not follow ALL flat earth beliefs.

In short, no, not all FE's believe scientists are evil Satan worshipping demons. That's in your head. Just because some have said that doesn't mean that's the consensus within the FE community.

Besides, its the governing bodies that are the liars, not the employees.

Notice I didn't say devil worshippers or demons. I did say liars.

Men lie. It's been proven. Have you ever lied? Do you still lie?

Besides the OP asked about FE model specifically. Not the difference between RE and FE.

I know it is difficult to keep up, you know with trying to be the first to answer with such a witty remark as yours. But you in fact missed the question presented.

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 11:09:49 AM »
In order to be sure that the shape of the Sun cannot be spherical, we need very precise proofs:

http://forum.tfes.org/index.php?topic=3838.msg81284#msg81284 (solar atmospheric pressure paradox)

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30499.msg1707290#msg1707290 (faint young sun paradox)

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 01:22:27 AM »
The other "opinions" were posted on youtube by well-intentioned users, who have never had to test their hypotheses in real time debates, as I have done. The data in the official faq has been proven to be wrong in regard to the sun's diameter, shape and orbiting altitude.

So why does this 'correct data" seem to contradict so many other opinions available?
I'm sure this has been asked before, but if the sun is a disk, why does it appear round everywhere on Earth? If the sun was a disk, it could only appear round at one place on the earth and oval everywhere else?

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2016, 02:27:12 AM »

So why does this 'correct data" seem to contradict so many other opinions available?
I'm sure this has been asked before, but if the sun is a disk, why does it appear round everywhere on Earth? If the sun was a disk, it could only appear round at one place on the earth and oval everywhere else?

Beware of Sandokhan. He's an interesting fellow, but a peculiar one none-the-less. He has essentially lamented standard flat earth theory and constructed his own, so take what he says with a grain of salt. His opinions and ideas don't reflect the community at large, in-so-far as I can tell.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:29:16 AM by Lonesome Crow »

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2016, 02:39:45 AM »
As I have said before your map is of no practical value to users (travellers, navigators etc) without latitudes and longitudes marked on it.

Also, how are the scientists at large to learn "the truth" if you keep it locked away in a small forum.

I also have to wonder how a sun only 15-20 km high and 600 m in diam can always look a perfect circle and always the same size from sunrise to sunset!

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2016, 02:43:47 AM »

Thanks.

Such coarse statements.

Scientists, astronomers, astrophysicists alike have all been misled just as the general population.

You are making blanket statements within your argument that do not follow ALL flat earth beliefs.

In short, no, not all FE's believe scientists are evil Satan worshipping demons. That's in your head. Just because some have said that doesn't mean that's the consensus within the FE community.

Besides, its the governing bodies that are the liars, not the employees.

Notice I didn't say devil worshippers or demons. I did say liars.

Men lie. It's been proven. Have you ever lied? Do you still lie?

Besides the OP asked about FE model specifically. Not the difference between RE and FE.

I know it is difficult to keep up, you know with trying to be the first to answer with such a witty remark as yours. But you in fact missed the question presented.

Corse statements indeed, but you are also victim of your own course statements.

By your own admission you say men lie, so you could be lying also? No? So if you are not lying you must be...not a man? So what's left, a woman? Are you a woman then? Do women not lie?

You make great blanket assumptions about scientists. So just to clarify, are you saying that all scientists work for government agencies? And you know this for a fact? Where is your source for this data?

Because these are the governing bodies you mention that keep the lie going, correct? Not the employees? It's the governing bodies that are responsible for the lie or misleading the scientists, astrophysicist and others, correct?

And do you believe that scientists are incapable of making their own decisions? Because of the governments influence? I mean if you are capable of going against the "mind control" and influence and lies of the government, then perhaps surely a few scientists can resist and let the truth be known. Are you somehow special that you can withstand the powers of the government and others cannot? What's your secret? A tin foil hat?  ;)

So why are there no scientists that have come out with this shocking truth that the earth is indeed flat? I mean all this time has passed, surely there can be some type of uprising In provoked thought that would warrant the out speaking of the scientists?? No? Maybe the scientists they don't like wearing tin foil hats.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2016, 02:53:14 AM by Munky »

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »

sandokhan, I do have one genuine question.

I've seen you state that your hypothesis has been tested in real time debates. Do you have any interest going forward with your model on a more official scale than just debates on FES forums?
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 05:10:55 PM »
A book? Or a youtube video?

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 06:36:42 PM »
A book? Or a youtube video?
I was thinking more in lines of scientific institutions with a proper budget or similar
Ignored by Intikam since 2016.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 03:12:39 AM »
Sandokhan,

do you have a youtube channel or already have posted videos out there?

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 03:10:51 PM »
I believe the sun and moon are spherical.

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2016, 12:52:49 AM »
I believe the sun and moon are spherical.
In the FE model or your personal belief?

Offline Unsure101

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2016, 01:53:41 AM »
Also, can anyone who subscribes to the FE model answer how the sun can be disc shaped in the FE model, but can appear perfectly round from all observation points on Earth?
This question has been asked many times in many topics, but I cannot seem to find a single succinct answer.

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2016, 06:39:51 AM »
...but is the sun a point optical source or a spherical optical source?
Neither.  It is a good question but irrelevent to the true form of the earth.
The sun is not a "source" but rather a focal point of converging rays. 

It is not a mystery.  Just open your eyes, look up in the sky and see for yourself.  The models claim no more than what you can see. 
watch?v=xhcVJcINzn8

Offline rabinoz

• Just look South at the Stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 07:37:22 AM »
...but is the sun a point optical source or a spherical optical source?
Neither.  It is a good question but irrelevent to the true form of the earth.
The sun is not a "source" but rather a focal point of converging rays. 

It is not a mystery.  Just open your eyes, look up in the sky and see for yourself.  The models claim no more than what you can see.
Please tell me what Zetetic observation lead you to this amazing conclusion:
"The sun is not a "source" but rather a focal point of converging rays." 
So the moon's shape
"is not a mystery.  Just open your eyes, look up in the sky and see for yourself.  The models claim no more than what you can see."
The full moon looks round from all locations (when it is visible) on the earth. There is only one object shape that has that property and that is a sphere.

Also the moon's size is the same is the same for all viewers, so it must be a very great distance away!
That's the result of simple Zetetic observation!