Questions are met with confusion
« on: November 10, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »
My son made me aware earlier this week that there were people who believed that the earth is flat.  My response was - "REALLY?"  Immediately I was intrigued and started "googling" it.  I found my way here.  I really just wanted to learn more about this perspective.  I mean, I had questions but before asking those I needed to learn more.

Unfortunately it seems there is a lot contradiction from the FE people and I am having a hard time finding anything but.  Just a couple bigger contradictions I've seen are:

1) The Government is making a lot of fake evidence to support the RE belief in the form of pictures and video but they can be manipulated.  Yet a lot of FE members use pictures and video to support the FE belief. (contradiction)
2) (Again) The Government (and the scientific community) are making up things to promote the RE belief.  Yet a lot of FE members refer to those same members, e.g. the navy, to support the FE belief. (contradiction)

These contradictions remind me of a gal that drove up to my vehicle and started yelling at me for sitting in my vehicle with the engine idling -  I am contributing to global warming!  Did you, however, catch the part where I wrote that she "drove" up to my vehicle?  Honestly.  It would have been different had she rode up on her bicycle.

I legitimately started searching the FE belief to learn about this with no prejudice but so far all I have been met with is little to no evidence supporting FE and a lot of debasing comments deflecting RE rationale with no support to the contrary.

I guess the reason for my writing this is cause now I am getting a little frustrated, confused and perhaps angry that there seems to be a significant amount of people that believe in FE but are doing so "blindly" (which also seems to be FE's argument against RE).  I use the word blindly due to the lack of follow through on FE's behalf on any of the debates I have read so far.  How does such a large community exist without any foundation at all (it seems anyway).  I really don't want to be prejudice toward FE but this forum seems to have the biggest following but also seems to be devoid of anything real to help me understand FE.

In a nutshell, where does one go to get the real juice about FE?

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Questions are met with confusion
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2018, 06:52:48 PM »
What you view as contradictions simply aren't, mostly because you haven't bothered to investigate what the underlying reasoning behind certain beliefs are. What you've done is the definition of a straw-man argument. You created a nonexistent argument on our behalf, then attacked the argument you yourself created.

1) The Government is making a lot of fake evidence to support the RE belief in the form of pictures and video but they can be manipulated.  Yet a lot of FE members use pictures and video to support the FE belief. (contradiction)

This doesn't make much sense. The inverse of this argument is saying "if one picture is real, all pictures are real." Do you watch sci-fi movies and think they're real? You don't? Now there's no such thing as a real video according to your own logic. Some pictures are real and some are not. This should not be difficult to understand.

2) (Again) The Government (and the scientific community) are making up things to promote the RE belief.  Yet a lot of FE members refer to those same members, e.g. the navy, to support the FE belief. (contradiction)

Governments are not monolithic entities. There is no such thing as "The Government". Not only is there more than one, but they are made up of individual people, some of which distribute propaganda, and some of which do not. I don't think your local police are busy making sure people don't discover the moon landing is fake, do you?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 06:54:31 PM by Rushy »

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 07:19:20 PM »
What you view as contradictions simply aren't, mostly because you haven't bothered to investigate what the underlying reasoning behind certain beliefs are. What you've done is the definition of a straw-man argument. You created a nonexistent argument on our behalf, then attacked the argument you yourself created.

Some what reasonable point given that all I have done is read through several layers of fora here.  I do, however, have reasonable logic.

This doesn't make much sense. The inverse of this argument is saying "if one picture is real, all pictures are real." Do you watch sci-fi movies and think they're real? You don't? Now there's no such thing as a real video according to your own logic. Some pictures are real and some are not. This should not be difficult to understand.

There is no inverse.  I assume a video or picture is real unless contrary evidence is given.  What I take from that video or picture is another issue.  But so far all I have seen from FE is the Government is making all this up.  No real reason as to why and no evidence to show any of their pictures or video are fake.  At the very least FE needs to go up into space and look themselves and present what they saw.

Governments are not monolithic entities. There is no such thing as "The Government". Not only is there more than one, but they are made up of individual people, some of which distribute propaganda, and some of which do not. I don't think your local police are busy making sure people don't discover the moon landing is fake, do you?

I don't agree.  If RE is really a fake precipitated by any part of the Government then the charade would involve all facets of Government willing or not.  By Government I am referring to the Federal level not state (provincial) or municipal.

After writing I also read about this so-called "Ice Wall" around the earth that prevents us from walking off the edge and that no one has been able to travel past these Ice Walls and returned to tell the story.  At what point does FE discover the invention of planes?  I am quite sure you would be able to fly over those Ice Walls and return to tell the story.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 07:21:17 PM by DrmWEaver »

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2018, 08:24:00 PM »
The inverse of this argument is saying "if one picture is real, all pictures are real." Do you watch sci-fi movies and think they're real?

Sadly, this line of thought isn't unheard of. From the 'fake ISS' threads:

The movie "Gravity" used wires too

if one is fake, they’re all fake!
Where does Earth Not a Globe say that all beliefs contrary to the Scriptures are necessarily wrong?  ???

Offline Rushy

• Planar Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2018, 08:38:42 PM »
No real reason as to why and no evidence to show any of their pictures or video are fake.

You mean aside from the countless inconsistencies which show that they very much are fake?

At the very least FE needs to go up into space and look themselves and present what they saw.

Yeah, let me just book a trip to space. Commercial spaceflight will happen, any day now. It keeps getting indefinitely delayed. I wonder why.

I don't agree.  If RE is really a fake precipitated by any part of the Government then the charade would involve all facets of Government willing or not.  By Government I am referring to the Federal level not state (provincial) or municipal.

Uhh, no. The whole government isn't involved in faking space travel. Furthermore, the government doesn't actually know that the earth is round or flat. They're just guessing. People widely believed the earth to be round, so when they faked space photography, they depicted the earth as round. Science fiction is always based on our general understanding of the world and isn't always correct. It's why so many include FTL travel, despite FTL being impossible.

After writing I also read about this so-called "Ice Wall" around the earth that prevents us from walking off the edge and that no one has been able to travel past these Ice Walls and returned to tell the story.  At what point does FE discover the invention of planes?  I am quite sure you would be able to fly over those Ice Walls and return to tell the story.

Great idea, just pop into a plane and fly right over, let me know what you see.

Earthman

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2018, 01:36:47 AM »

Antarctica is off limits to private exploration.   The following video is a brilliant expose of how Antarctica is sealed off from the rest of the world by 'red tape'.  Ben, Taboo Conspiracy, takes you on a guided tour through the rules, regulations, and red tape that make exploration of Antarctica virtually impossible for anyone.

Please grab a cup of coffee and enjoy.

Earthman

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2018, 01:50:47 AM »
The inverse of this argument is saying "if one picture is real, all pictures are real." Do you watch sci-fi movies and think they're real?

You missed the point. If they intentional fake a video to portray them being in space and they're suppose to have been in space all this time, then they're all fake. You can't trust any of the videos. There just not going to say "Today we don't need to fake this video with harness because there is no gravity aboard ISS today" It's all fake.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 03:42:46 PM by Earthman »

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 06:26:28 AM »

You missed the point. If they intentional fake a video to portray them being in space and they're suppose to have been in space all this time, then they're all fake. You can't trust any of the videos. There just not going to say "Today we don't need to fake this video with harness because there is no gravity aboard ISS today" It's all fake.
I will ask again about measured distances and the path of the sun and satellite dish alignment.

MattyWS

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2018, 08:37:44 AM »
Rushy, if they finally start doing commercial space flights what would you think after that? In theory of course, you don't have to believe it would ever happen but, what if it did? And what if people who've paid for a commercial space flight start snapping pictures of a round earth? Would you say those people were also faking it?

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 07:50:50 PM »
My son made me aware earlier this week that there were people who believed that the earth is flat.  My response was - "REALLY?"  Immediately I was intrigued and started "googling" it.  I found my way here.  I really just wanted to learn more about this perspective.  I mean, I had questions but before asking those I needed to learn more.

Unfortunately it seems there is a lot contradiction from the FE people and I am having a hard time finding anything but.  Just a couple bigger contradictions I've seen are:

These contradictions remind me of a gal that drove up to my vehicle and started yelling at me for sitting in my vehicle with the engine idling -  I am contributing to global warming!  Did you, however, catch the part where I wrote that she "drove" up to my vehicle?  Honestly.  It would have been different had she rode up on her bicycle.

I legitimately started searching the FE belief to learn about this with no prejudice but so far all I have been met with is little to no evidence supporting FE and a lot of debasing comments deflecting RE rationale with no support to the contrary.

I guess the reason for my writing this is cause now I am getting a little frustrated, confused and perhaps angry that there seems to be a significant amount of people that believe in FE but are doing so "blindly" (which also seems to be FE's argument against RE).  I use the word blindly due to the lack of follow through on FE's behalf on any of the debates I have read so far.  How does such a large community exist without any foundation at all (it seems anyway).  I really don't want to be prejudice toward FE but this forum seems to have the biggest following but also seems to be devoid of anything real to help me understand FE.

In a nutshell, where does one go to get the real juice about FE?
I was interested in the reason behind the ying yang sign. Had no idea of flat earth. From there fe appeared on truman show exposed on youtube. Theres many references to a glass barrier in movies. One was with tom cruise. A few more. Theres as much evidence for both scenarios. Why a cover up....assumption and reassurance. Religion and mankind agreed on copernicas's heliocentric theory like 50 years after he presented it. The powers that be only made this law...ish after he died 475 years ago. What the west believed wasnt the same universally at the same time. Greece started it off with education. Then europe learnt from the greeks. Maybe greeks learnt it from the egyptians. Point is....we will never know unless space travel becomes a regular thing....but nasa says theyve lost the technology. Weird of u ask me. Why would a large petcentage of america believe its flat and the moon landings never happened way before the internet. Its a fun perspective but unfortunately we have few embarrassing tinfoil hat wearers that havent got theyre story clear. Also....there is said to be land the size of america beyond antartica...admiral byrd quote.